Am I The Only One Around Here Who....

siyxx

I am sure you are not alone. Though there is a lot to the story that is not caught/ is forgotten from the first go around. So I think the benefits or rereading outweigh the costs. The fact you are on this site suggests to me that you do enjoy a good discussion and having as much of the puzzle figured out would help you in those discussions.

AITOOAH who feels that the when the "Sword of the Morning" is only allowed to carry/wield the sword Dawn, it is a waste? In other words, not making the most of what is available.

Probably not, but I have this semi-crackpot that the War for the Dawn was actually the War for Dawn the sword, and that the real Dawn is the "lost" Stark sword, and House Dayne actually has Ice--the sword of the Great Other, if there is one, given to the Daynes for safe keeping because at the time of the last Other invasion Starfall was the southernmost keep in Westeros, and if the Others ever get that far south Westeros is doomed anyway.

AITOOAHW wishes there was a theme park for ASOIAF akin to Epcot Center so I could "visit" each of the places mentioned in the series?

I wouldn't be sure what it meant; I suppose it means that dragons can kill a lot of people? In that sense, I guess they are. But nukes are surely vastly more destructive. (Although we did a dragon fight a nuclear missile in the Mellow drama thread, and win.)

Am I ... didn't find show-Shae completely botched? Actually, I'm not sure how they could have made Tysha work without flashbacks. But it's odd they mentioned her and then never used her for anything. No Chekhov there.

NO. I absolutely love the guy. He's one of my favorite characters both in the books and in the show.

Gonna chime in a bit... @RhaenysB About dragons....I always see them as equivalent to, say, napalms at best. Nuclear weapons left scars for generations (sickness from radiation, genetic disorder, mutation) which I don't thing dragons' powers are capable of. 

OK..this being in my mind for a while
Am I the only one around here who whenever sees the initial KL, will immediately think of Kuala Lumpur instead of King's Landing?  

Hahaha, I think yes. 

About dragons, I know this parallel comes from the author himself, but I still don't think it's any accurate for the reasons @siyxx mentioned above. As far as I'm concerned the dragons are the equal of bombers. 

Am I the only one around here who thinks the show did an amazing job portraying Margaery? 

You're probably not, the character seems pretty popular, although I find her annoying, terribly written and anachronistic.

AITOOAH who's disturbed by people talking about living and sentient beings as "weapons"? Although you also get that in MCU, for instance, when some characters talk about superpowered people as "nuclear weapons", but I think we're supposed to be disturbed by that.

no, not really...i enjoyed the words spent on horses...names, descriptions etc...though to cover the distances in books or show they all must be secret Pegasuses ;)

am i the only one around here who wishes that the dragons could communicate like they do on PERN...

CB, not familiar with that song, but someone else on here must be, so you are probably not the only one.

rock, I doubt you're the only one. And now that you've mentioned it, I'm thinking I might like that ending too.

AITOOAHW appreciates that in the maesters GRRM has given his world a better medical option than Theodoric of York?

14 hours ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

CB, not familiar with that song, but someone else on here must be, so you are probably not the only one.

That's not surprising, since I doubt it exists. Although w/ my luck it'll turn out that it does and is a popular rap song or something. I could google, I suppose. But what I had in mind was another Disney riff. Something w/ cute cartoon dragons.

As for Val vs. Dalla, I do prefer Val, but find the name Val hard to take seriously in this context, somehow (too American?). Perhaps that's why the show turned her into Karsi, although it doesn't explain why they killed her off so fast.

Am I ... tempted to post something trollish to this thread like "Am I ... abominates ASOIAF as the work of the Great Other, and burn victims every night that R'hllor might free us from this curse?"? I won't though, b/c someone might take me seriously and flame me, or think I was a troll, and flame me, and that's messy.

I thought that when I posted about GRRM passing before he finished the series was a bit of a troll thing to say. but I am not sure that it turned out the way I intended. your trolling is a bit more blatant and might not garner the attention a typical troll would hope to generate.

@Lady Blizzardborn the song would be a re-write from a children's song entitled "Whistle While you Work"

Am I... who feels that Ned gets less love than he deserves here in the community?

Maybe. I think Ned is well loved generally. The most popular character around here is Jon, after all, and he has been schooled by Ned.

Now if we're talking of underappreciated characters...

AITOOAH who feels it's sad that Bran and Arya almost never feature in endgame theories and predictions for the series, even though the author has said they are series main characters?

8 minutes ago, Little Scribe of Naath said:

Maybe. I think Ned is well loved generally. The most popular character around here is Jon, after all, and he has been schooled by Ned.

AITOOAH who feels it's sad that Bran and Arya almost never feature in endgame theories and predictions for the series, even though the author has said they are series main characters?

Certainly not! :D Especially with all of the character development we have on both little pups. Why would GRRM be wasting such knowledge?

AITOOAH who wonders if there is a difference in glamouring through a moonstone as opposed to a ruby? Like, do they share the same "root" magic?

2 minutes ago, Little Scribe of Naath said:

Co-sign.

The problem is the fact that some segments of the fandom pigeon-holed Bran & Arya into a Tree or the HoBW, effectively reducing any impact they may have on the story going forward. 

~Awkward~ after S6 and both Starks leave their Tree/Cave and the HoBW/FM situations. lol

These two have huge roles to play and its gonna be amusing seeing how wrong some of the readers were in underestimating their importance. 

I can't wait for Winds

Archived