Am I The Only One Around Here Who....

siyxx

I hope not, since "only loved once, when they were 14" is a terrible trope in itself, and even worse since Jon/Ygritte and Dany/Drogo were both pretty awful relationships with a bunch of consent issues and coersion, if not outright rape.

AITOOAH who enjoyed Dany's and Tyrion's arcs in ADWD just fine?

19 minutes ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

No, I've seen other people suggesting that he'll show up as a Wight Walker.

(add me to the can't stand beer club)

AITOOAHW wants to see Fat Walda go all Black Walder to protect her baby?

Heck No??? :fencing:

(There are only two Freys I like, Walda and Gatehouse)

AITOOAH who wants to force Daario to take a bath every time he is on page?

Yes... I hope. That would not only make me very sad, it would also be very very very anticlimactic and a waste of pages, money and potential for what exactly... a cheap twist? Well whatever, D&D wouldn't do that (I hope). 

Am I the only one around here who thinks there's no way out of the story at this point that would lead to a good (aka quality) ending...? 

5 hours ago, RhaeBee said:

Yes... I hope. That would not only make me very sad, it would also be very very very anticlimactic and a waste of pages, money and potential for what exactly... a cheap twist? Well whatever, D&D wouldn't do that (I hope). 

Am I the only one around here who thinks there's no way out of the story at this point that would lead to a good (aka quality) ending...? 

Are you talking about the books or the show? There's nothing wrong with where the book story is going, but the show has definitely been FUBARed quite a while ago.

@Joy Hill: No, you're not. I can't stand that word when it's applied to fiction, especially when people talk about couples/ships being "endgame"/ Ugh.

Am I the only one who hates it when fans claim that a pairing is not canon, in spite of the obvious canon signs of mutual romantic interest, unless the two people in question have had sex?

The show. In the case of the books I don't see the light in the end of the tunnel, so I couldn't tell if it looks to be any good or bad. (But then I don't believe in ever seeing the end of the books, so I pretty much see the show end as the end of the story.) 

-

I haven't yet encountered fans like this, but I'm pretty sure you aren't. I do not believe sexual relationship is a condition for a pairing to be viewed as canon. 

Am I the only one around here who really really really hates the Asoiaf conspiracy theories (such as the Maester's master plan or the faceless men conspiracy or similar theories)? 

3 hours ago, RhaeBee said:

The show. In the case of the books I don't see the light in the end of the tunnel, so I couldn't tell if it looks to be any good or bad. (But then I don't believe in ever seeing the end of the books, so I pretty much see the show end as the end of the story.) 

If we're talking about the show yes, I can't see it becoming good at this point.

1 hour ago, RhaeBee said:

:D No. I actually surprisingly don't hate it, I mean it's Jon(/Kit), he looks kinda stupid with pretty much any hairstyle, but I'be heard many people complain about it. 

Am I the only around here who is going to miss Margaery? 

You mean on the show? Then no, Marg seemed like a popular character 

Am I the only one around here who thinks that Moonboy is Varys ?

Probably. It sounds like a farce crackfic. Jamie is not an idiot, even though he had that hilarious moment when he thinks "Was the part about Moonboy a joke?"

Speaking of which, am I the only one around here who literally laughed out loud at that line the first time I was reading AFFC?

Archived