Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts I&II [Full Spoilers]

Suzanna Stormborn

54 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Ohhh! Burn!

Ha, it was a joke, but only because I didn't hate the traitor as much as some (I.e you :P ) did. I was very disappointed in it though, after reading the promising premise, but it really didn't work.

Cursed Child however, comes from a fictional universe I grew up reading, and that I loved. So it's more disappointing to me because I have such fond memories of the HP books and this was utter shite, both in terms of plot and dialogue. I rather regret paying money for this monstrosity. 

I haven't read the book and never plan on reading this. 

Harry Potter and the characters' stories ended in DH when a 17yr old Harry finished off Voldermort and talked to Dumbledore's pic. 

I wish Harry's story would be left alone. There is no need to keep reverting back to the character. Story can be built from so much from that world. 

On 4/08/2016 at 10:40 PM, Veltigar said:

If Bella had shagged Voldemort and was carrying his child, everyone would have heard about it.

There were rumours of him having a child mentioned in the play. Which could have been due to Bellatrix having a baby and uncertainty over who the father was. But we only have Rodolphus Lestrange's word on who her father really was, and he's not exactly the most trustworthy source. Perhaps he's merely manipulating her into being desperate to get her "father" back...

On 6/08/2016 at 0:17 AM, Seasick Shrimp said:

Suddenly it is possible to change the past, and create completely new time-lines, and it is apparently not even that hard to make a new time-turner, since this guy theodore nott (or something like that) had one, and then the Malfoy-family also suddenly had one,

It's a new type of time-turner commissioned by Lucius, possibly manipulated into doing so by Lestrange or Delphi, and probably required a great deal of money, time, and knowing very dodgy people to develop. Letting Nott keep the prototype seems odd... but I guess he must have been working with Delphi, which is why she and Amos show up at Harry's immediately following Nott being caught before he can deliver the time-turner to her.

On 6/08/2016 at 0:17 AM, Seasick Shrimp said:

but it was completely impossible for the greatest dark wizard the wizarding world has ever known to either make or steal a time-turner

He wasn't stupid enough to risk using a time-turner, and had no reason to bother with them, since things were generally going pretty well for him in the existing timeline until he unexpectedly died (both times).

Pretty much agree entirely with Seasick, Darth Richard and Helena exMachina. 

Also I hated, absolutely hated the Terminatoresque trolly witch. 

And at the end, when Albus crawls through the grate, and unlocks the door, where did he get the wand from?

1 hour ago, Andorion said:

And at the end, when Albus crawls through the grate, and unlocks the door, where did he get the wand from?

Hermione, Ron, Draco, or Ginny? Either lending their own, or they brought spares on the assumption that Delphi wouldn't have let her prisoners keep their own?

5 hours ago, Raja said:

Haven't finished it yet but every time I see the name 'Panju' I laugh a little - I imagine the Patils are meant to be Indian? I haven't ever come across that name before. 

Yeah what is that name even supposed to be? Panju? I mean I have never heard of an actual Indian name like that

22 hours ago, felice said:

Hermione, Ron, Draco, or Ginny? Either lending their own, or they brought spares on the assumption that Delphi wouldn't have let her prisoners keep their own?

I don't think this was mentioned anywhere in the script though

On 8/9/2016 at 9:57 PM, Andorion said:

I don't think this was mentioned anywhere in the script though

They steal wands from Bathilda Bagshots house.

Lol THE REAL question is, how did they steal the blanket Harry was wrapped in from Lily and James (both adult wizards) then put it back on him without anyone noticing?

On 8/14/2016 at 0:32 AM, Suzanna Stormborn said:

They steal wands from Bathilda Bagshots house.

Lol THE REAL question is, how did they steal the blanket Harry was wrapped in from Lily and James (both adult wizards) then put it back on him without anyone noticing?

Why would they steal it?  They would have to break in, but they wouldn't have to steal anything.

On 5/8/2016 at 10:26 PM, Seasick Shrimp said:

Great article you linked, Ser Quork! It did an awesome job of showing how some (imo, pretty much all) characters were nothing like their original selves. The slaughter of the Snape-character was truly terrible, he transformed into a jolly guy who loves a good laugh and has no problem with speaking openly about his feelings with strangers.............. Long gone were the bitter, ice-cold, remorseful, complex and torn (and sometimes quite hateful) closed book we all grew to love. 

I'm just going to consider CC non-canon, which it basically is anyways since it doesn't fit in at all with the HP-universe on a number of significant accounts. 

Actually it's been a long time Snape is just marketing character used in the prospect of fan pandering. You just have to look at how the moviemakers twisted 'the Prince's tale' emphasizing scenes that portray him as a poor pick-up martyr and erasing anything that portray him in a bad light.

So anyone wondering about why Snape was alive completely out of character should stop making itself a headache with the numerous inconsistencies behind that character and just accept the fact he is there only for fanservice.

On 8/6/2016 at 4:31 AM, Ser Quork said:

I have no problem discounting it as canon.  Canon for me is the seven novels - not the films, not the computer games and not this play.

:commie::commie:

On 8/6/2016 at 11:39 AM, The Wolves said:

I haven't read the book and never plan on reading this. 

Harry Potter and the characters' stories ended in DH when a 17yr old Harry finished off Voldermort and talked to Dumbledore's pic. 

^ I agree to all of these.

I only read the synopsis of CC but had been accidentally spoiled of its plot online and, tbh, it had too much pandering (in the worst way possible). Voldemort having a love child was my breaking point. There are HP Next Gen fanfics that were way better than this.

4 hours ago, Oracle.Clear.Rivers said:

^ I agree to all of these.

I only read the synopsis of CC but had been accidentally spoiled of its plot online and, tbh, it had too much pandering (in the worst way possible). Voldemort having a love child was my breaking point. There are HP Next Gen fanfics that were way better than this.

Yup CC is moderate fan fiction at best.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived