You are transported into book 1/S01E01,What do you do?

superninja76

I would become the greatest fighter to ever live, steal one of Dany's dragons, take one of the Stark's direwolves because I too am a warg, and even more powerful than Bran because I'm awesome. Then i'd single-handedly defeat the Others. Then I'd invent the condom. Then I'd go on an absolute rampage taking over the place and having a lot of sex with hot women, kinda like Robert did. Then I would be the best dictator ever, and everyone would love me. Pretty Typical I bet.

• Carefully take out every threat in kings landing. Janos Slynt, Littlefinger, Cersei, and Pycelle. This gives Ned a much better chance of succeeding. Give council on other things if/when needed.
  • Then start worrying about the Others.
  • Also tell Ned about those traitorous Bolton scum. 

Supposing Ned would even speak to me I would try to reason with him about NOT going to Kings Landing and certainly not taking the kids there.   I'd pick his brain about why he though Jon joining the Nights Watch was such a great idea.  I'd tell Cat to grow up and stay home with her kids.   I'd ask Old Nan to spill her guts. I guess everyone would do that.   Once the Starks were firmly straightened out about their duty I would head straight for Tyrion and tell him everything I know and try to get him to search out Dany much earlier than he did.    Could have saved them both a lot of trouble.  I'd pop in at Dragonstone and tell Stannis what I see in those flames and get him to rally some support sans Rh'llor  After all evil is thwarted I guess I'd have to go to Lys and see what these pillow houses are all about.   

17 hours ago, superninja76 said:

Hello there!

I'm superninja76.

So,earlier today i was talking game of thrones with a friend on steam,and I thought about this,and we discussed what we would do if magically transported into book 1/s01e01 of ASOIAF/game of thrones

So,i've decided to bring this question to you guys!

Now,since you are kind of fucked if you are sent there with nothing,you appear in kings landing with some standard middleclass westerosi clothing,A modern steel longsword,a bag of beef jerky,two bottles of water,a magic GPS that tells you exactly where you are,anywhere in westeros,and finally,a bag containing several maps of westeros. (Great houses,houses,religion map,whatever you wish as long as it is a map.)

[EDIT] Also,you retain all your memories,and have all your knowledge of Game of Thrones/ASOIAF.

Begin.

1. Use GPS to get rich. 

2. Go to Essos. Buy alot of strong 13 year old boys, perhaps 5-6,000.  Will take 3 years.

3. Train them in Furusiyya. make them mamluks. use remaining gold to arm them.

4. Sack towns. make deal then betray Astapor for the 8,600 Unsullied. Get them new armor and weapons.

5. Find smaller Khalasars fleeing Khal Pono, maybe Khals Zekko and Motho. Use Dothraki as light infantry. 

6. Use gold from sacking towns and from Astapor to hire every sellsword company in Essos, well the ones with good reputations. Buy as many warships as I can find, buy slaves (sparing Meereen and Yunkai in exchange for gold) to man the ships.

7. Launch unprecedented Invasion of Westeros. Invade Stormlands with the sell swords (Think Golden Company and that 20K stannis wanted). Once Lannister Tyrell Armies are in Stormlands to fight them, take the elites, mamluks and unsullied, to duskendal and then from there organize and march south on Kingslanding. Conquering all of it will be hard. but many will flock to my banners, mostly those who lost the WO5Ks. 

8. Become King of Westeros. 

die pretty quick:

No family, no friends, no skills, no money, no knowledge of how basic transactions work in the middle ages-style fantasy world, very strange garb, strange speech

Well,you just saved theon jeyne sansa and a whole shitload of other people alot of problems.

..Actually.

Since the first books opening part (prologue) happens in 297 AC..

And that's when domeric bolton died (ramsay poisoned him)

By killing ramsay,you prevent domeric's death.

"That made me think: Robb had sex with Jeyne Westerling and then married her because he was upset because he thought Theon had killed Rickon and Bran. This led to the Freys turning on Robb at the Red Wedding and cost him his life and effectively ended the role of the North in the war. Theon wouldn't have made so many bad choices (IMO) if Ramsay hadn't been in the picture and thus probably wouldn't have covered up Bran and Rickon's escape by killing those little boys. Roose may have felt that he was more committed to Robb's cause if Domeric was alive and loyal to Robb, so he wouldn't have undermined Robb's strategy.

I'm not saying that Robb would have won the war, but it definitely wouldn't have been as big of a disaster. At the very least, this could have prevented the turning of the Freys and Roose's cloaks."

-hillerj

Imagine a WOT5K without roose undermining robbs strategy,no battle of winterfell (domeric would eiether be in the north and reinforce cassel or in the south,fighting for robb) and no red wedding

dayum.

I would put all my efforts to having 3 people killed: Cersei Lannister, Tywin Lannister and Petyr "Littlefinger" Baelish.

If those 3 were dead at start of book 1 after Jon Arryn has just been killed, none of the rest of the shit happens. Ned is Hand of the King, but Lannister power is extinguished before it ever gets out of control and Littlefinger, probably the most dangerous and cunning man in the kingdoms, is taken out of the picture early before his scheming can cause any more damage.

Now, it could be argued that Varys/Illyrio could still plot to have Robert killed themselves later on so they can put their own pawn on the throne...but with Ned there to reign him in without Cersei and Littlefinger working against him, I think the Kingdoms could have prospered under Robert (or rather, Ned and the small council) for quite some time.

3 minutes ago, Gaz0680 said:

I would put all my efforts to having 3 people killed: Cersei Lannister, Tywin Lannister and Petyr "Littlefinger" Baelish.

If those 3 were dead at start of book 1 after Jon Arryn has just been killed, none of the rest of the shit happens. Ned is Hand of the King, but Lannister power is extinguished before it ever gets out of control and Littlefinger, probably the most dangerous and cunning man in the kingdoms, is taken out of the picture early before his scheming can cause any more damage.

Now, it could be argued that Varys/Illyrio could still plot to have Robert killed themselves later on so they can put their own pawn on the throne...but with Ned there to reign him in without Cersei and Littlefinger working against him, I think the Kingdoms could have prospered under Robert (or rather, Ned and the small council) for quite some time.

Good luck!

:)

8 hours ago, KINGpanther said:

Why worry about the Boltons? If Ned survives then Robb doesn't march south denying Roose his opening for betrayel.

Because they'll still be a danger to the Stark rule. 

The Boltons always had to go, it's just that plot had to keep them around even after the Starks thousands of years ago should have killed them all while they were conquering the North. 

Off the top of my head i would latch on to the kings party heading North somehow(i'd find a way), then when everyone had gone to the hunt i'd sneak up on Cersei and Jaime fucking just as Bran sees them, slap Jaime upside the head with something hard enough to knock him senseless enough to not get up and whoop my ass as hes quite big in the story, but not hard enough to kill him.

Then i'd pull Bran inside the window, tell Cersei to stay put with my sword at her throat, maybe give her bare ass a red hot slap just so she knows im serious, inform the men at arms left at the castle of their incest with my new wee sidekick as back up, help detain the pair of them and when Robert comes back, watch the fireworks.

After that with the encouragement and persistance of my new mate Bran i'd maybe begin a life of adventures in service to the Starks and/or the King down at Kings landing where many a gold dragon would be spent at Chatayas on my days/nights off.

I'd go to White Harbor and try to get in good with the guild of silversmiths (and start one if one doesn't exist). I'd then try to convince the silversmiths to pool their excess capital into a small lending operation, the Silver Bank of White Harbor. We would expand that with local merchants until we had the resources to pitch a financing contract to the Manderlys for their navy. When Robb Stark left for war, I would go to Winterfell and ask Bran Stark and Maester Lewin to issue me a charter to stamp silver currency for the King in the North and become the official bank of the North. As part of the charter I would add a provision that empowered us to settle and expand designated trading posts and stations on the western coast of the bodies of water we trade on. I may have to go find Robb on the road and pitch it to him as well.

I would also pitch an idea to House Bolton - Roose Bolton wants to expand his holdings, and in the war there is a lot of empty neglected land. Roose can buy into a contract where we buy derelict land to help bail out failing houses, under the auspices of the official bank of the King in the North. We would then give Roose Bolton a seat on the committee that decides how the land gets re-granted under Robb's authority to lords around the north.

This gives Roose more skin in the game (pun intended), and dissuades him from assassinating Robb. It also means a schism in the North or a return to the Seven Kingdom might cause him to either lose his investments to a default or lose access to potential new land holdings. I think he would appreciate this was in his interest and not switch sides to the Lannisters.

Regardless, one of my main goals would be to secure the safety of Wylis and Wendel Manderly, as having them in the Riverlands would be a big part of the next part of my plan. If Roose Bolton doesn't come on board, I would still look to keep Wylis and Wendel safe by perhaps engaging them in random meetings at key times when they were about to die or be captured.

I would then attempt to expand a trade and finance league around the Vale from the White Knife to the Bay of Crabs, setting up operations in Maidenpool, Saltpans, and Lord Harroway's Town. Perhaps we'd even bring in Duskendale. Hopefully I would get there before the various sacks, and because they were mechantile arrangements and not displacing the houses that live there, I would attempt to position small security forces in these areas that did not attract a crushing response from the Crown or the Vale. The security forces would be largely made up of volunteers from among the Manerlys, with Wylis and Wendel Manderly as their sponsor, and the Silver Mermaid of the Manderly Brothers as a symbol of the Silver Bank and the Silver League.

Even if at this point Robb Stark is still betrayed and loses, I am attempting to accomplish four goals, which I would think would be worthwhile:

- Prevent these towns from being sacked and the terrible loss of life that went along with that.

- Under the authority of my charter with the King in the North to expand settlements, I would seek to expand Saltpans, Maidenpool and Lord Harroway's town into fledgling cities, setting up refugee centers and work crews and houses for things like textile manufacture, bridge building and repair, irrigation, etc. I would put a lot of work into seafood and shellfish as a food source, as there's a lot of disorganized and underutilized skilled labor in things like clam-digging in the area. I would set up a trade in lumber as well, from the North to the Riverlands.

- Create the infrastructure for survival in the winter, especially transportation between the North and South, but also fishing and particularly shipping preserved fish as a food source. I would look to build a network of dogsleds to ship people and supplies up and down the frozen Trident as well.

- Create a north-south trade and finance route that competes with merchants and bankers from the Free Cities, who are engaged in all sorts of mischief in Westeros. Perhaps by creating some more genuine merchantile competition and generating some economic development, I could create a different axis for competition and status, making people who would support somebody like Littlefinger or Illyrio Mopatis less likely to get involved in actual wars and more likely to get involved in commercial ones.

Archived