You are transported into book 1/S01E01,What do you do?

superninja76

Hello there!

I'm superninja76.

So,earlier today i was talking game of thrones with a friend on steam,and I thought about this,and we discussed what we would do if magically transported into book 1/s01e01 of ASOIAF/game of thrones

So,i've decided to bring this question to you guys!

Now,since you are kind of fucked if you are sent there with nothing,you appear in kings landing with some standard middleclass westerosi clothing,A modern steel longsword,a bag of beef jerky,two bottles of water,a magic GPS that tells you exactly where you are,anywhere in westeros,and finally,a bag containing several maps of westeros. (Great houses,houses,religion map,whatever you wish as long as it is a map.)

[EDIT] Also,you retain all your memories,and have all your knowledge of Game of Thrones/ASOIAF.

Begin.

Since this is a narrative based fiction, which for all the fanhype is still going to end with a predictable good ending (even if bitter sweet) of the hero-protagonist/s saving the day from the ice-zombie apocalypse, and considering that any and all changes I make may very well derail that ending in some way....

The best move is not to play.

I travel to Dorne and spend the next couple of years trying to make as little difference as possible, using my skills to be a scribe or something. Go to the beach a lot.

55 minutes ago, superninja76 said:

Hello there!

I'm superninja76.

So,earlier today i was talking game of thrones with a friend on steam,and I thought about this,and we discussed what we would do if magically transported into book 1/s01e01 of ASOIAF/game of thrones

So,i've decided to bring this question to you guys!

Now,since you are kind of fucked if you are sent there with nothing,you appear in kings landing with some standard middleclass westerosi clothing,A modern steel longsword,a bag of beef jerky,two bottles of water,a magic GPS that tells you exactly where you are,anywhere in westeros,and finally,a bag containing several maps of westeros. (Great houses,houses,religion map,whatever you wish as long as it is a map.)

[EDIT] Also,you retain all your memories,and have all your knowledge of Game of Thrones/ASOIAF.

Begin.

use magic gps to convince people I am a wizard.

Get rich.

Find Tyrion.

Send raven to lord redwyne that says "send good booze".

Go to Chataya's

Drink and whore myself to death.

With last words say "I regret nothing"

2 minutes ago, YOVMO said:

use magic gps to convince people I am a wizard.

Get rich.

Find Tyrion.

Send raven to lord redwyne that says "send good booze".

Go to Chataya's

Drink and whore myself to death.

With last words say "I regret nothing"

Well,atleast you'd be living a better life than most people in this world!

1 minute ago, Free Northman Reborn said:

Kill Littlefinger.

I approve.

Just now, superninja76 said:

Well,atleast you'd be living a better life than most people in this world!

to be fair, minus the magic GPS that is, for the most part, what I am trying to do in this world too.

Find Jon Snow before he takes his vows, and say "Let's use some basic reasoning to find out who your mother is. Ned can't really be your father, since he's so honorable that he'd never break a marriage vow. But it's obvious your still a stark so who does that leave? Benjen is too young, and Brandon wouldn't need a reason to hide his bastard. What about Lyanna? Can you think of any reason why Ned would need to hide a child of Lyanna?"

10 minutes ago, HouseFossoway said:

Find Jon Snow before he takes his vows, and say "Let's use some basic reasoning to find out who your mother is. Ned can't really be your father, since he's so honorable that he'd never break a marriage vow. But it's obvious your still a stark so who does that leave? Benjen is too young, and Brandon wouldn't need a reason to hide his bastard. What about Lyanna? Can you think of any reason why Ned would need to hide a child of Lyanna?"

I'm not sure that would be very wise.

After all,robert is still alive then (I think?) And one of four things happens.

1: Jon joins the nights watch anyway,nothing else changes.

2: Jon talks to ned about it,ned confirms it,nothing happens.

3: Jon reveals it without talking to ned first,robert hears,ned has to execute jon and is possibly punished for hiding jon.

4: Jon reveals it without talking to ned first,robert hears,ned doesn't execute jon,war starts,north gets roflstomped.

So..

8 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Tywin so Cersei will not have someone smart to support her and Cat because I need a gift. :)

Sounds good.

8 minutes ago, superninja76 said:

You might die from some sort of summer islander disease,but good idea anyways.

Also,you might not be able to speak to summer islanders.

They have one of the biggest and oldest maritime trading networks; any local infectious disease would have become global by now.

Maybe pay for lessons on the ship too. In the Cinnamon Wind many speak the Common Tongue.

14 minutes ago, Tucu said:

They have one of the biggest and oldest maritime trading networks; any local infectious disease would have become global by now.

Maybe pay for lessons on the ship too. In the Cinnamon Wind many speak the Common Tongue.

Hm.

Well,I guess you got me there!

GPS is useless, no satellites over Planetos (well, none compatible with GPS standard for sure). Good set of paper maps (or electronic maps, with solar charger) would be far more useful. Oh and some device pointing North. Sextant may come in handy too. And good watch (mechanical).

As to "what to do"... Suggest to Lord Stark that since Dothraki are a concern, he should first visit Lord Stannis at Dragonstone and take family with him for a trip. Oh and "Get a grip, you think Cersei is crooked, do you think she will not react?"
Oh and "LF wanted to do your wife and is still in love with her - guess who he wants to see gone!"

In any case, after this take a trek to the Vale and then to probably Braavos. Search for some nice safe job such as HR manager for the Iron Bank :P;)

EDIt: Oh, or start dabbling in firearms development. Must be plenty of manure for saltpetre. Turn Braavos into the ultimate naval power with ships of the line and start some gunboat diplomacy. "You no pay us interest, our fleet can bombard your capital from outside of range of catapults with wildfire."

3 minutes ago, Runaway Penguin said:

GPS is useless, no satellites over Planetos (well, none compatible with GPS standard for sure). Good set of paper maps (or electronic maps, with solar charger) would be far more useful. Oh and some device pointing North. Sextant may come in handy too. And good watch (mechanical).

As to "what to do"... Suggest to Lord Stark that since Dothraki are a concern, he should first visit Lord Stannis at Dragonstone and take family with him for a trip. Oh and "Get a grip, you think Cersei is crooked, do you think she will not react?"
Oh and "LF wanted to do your wife and is still in love with her - guess who he wants to see gone!"

In any case, after this take a trek to the Vale and then to probably Braavos. Search for some nice safe job such as HR manager for the Iron Bank :P;)

EDIt: Oh, or start dabbling in firearms development. Must be plenty of manure for saltpetre. Turn Braavos into the ultimate naval power with ships of the line and start some gunboat diplomacy. "You no pay us interest, our fleet can bombard your capital from outside of range of catapults with wildfire."

You got ned and stannis to meet,prevented the WOT5Ks (maybe),and killed littlefingers bitch ass.

Also,you probably got like,ridiculously rich.

I approve.

Sell the longsword (I have insufficient training with one - I can do rapier, but Westeros doesn't have 'em). Use the money to buy myself some knives, which are far more useful. See if I can get a lift with a merchant to Oldtown (can use proceeds from sword sale if necessary).

Once in Oldtown, head straight to the Citadel. Explain that I have some useful knowledge...

Spend my time in the Library.

Archived