2016 Olympics - Opening Ceremony and beyond....

Howdyphillip

Wonder if the Brownlees intend to mimic the German marathon twins, and cross the line hand in hand, and requiring a photo finish?

Will they hell!
They're both out for gold, and supportive of their brother only in being first loser.

1 hour ago, Spockydog said:

My own personal suspicion is that they were, in fact, robbed by cops. Hence the attempted cover-up and subsequent nonsense.

They actually got into an altercation with a gas station security guard. I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt but I'm sorry I did. 

16 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

really want jonny to win, he has been in the shadows for too long. 

edit. should have kept my mouth shut.

Usually you'd say that, being younger, his time will come - probably in 4 more years. But... I don't think Jonny has the same mental strength, Alistair will just push his body further.

1 minute ago, Which Tyler said:

Usually you'd say that, being younger, his time will come - probably in 4 more years. But... I don't think Jonny has the same mental strength, Alistair will just push his body further.

jonny has said the same, alistair can suffer more than anybody he has ever known. 

Well the article says they have video surveillance showing them destroying a bathroom and a security guard pulling a gun. Sounds like they embellished the story and it got out of control. I told my wife as soon as I heard it that it was fake. Lochte is an attention seeker and I wouldn't trust anything he says. 

11 minutes ago, Guess who's back said:

Such a scumbag move from Lochte. 

Not the first professional athlete to lie badly to cover his arse after embarrassing himself.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/international/france/5637615/Mathieu-Bastareaud-admits-he-lied-over-New-Zealand-assault.html

There's got to be more to it, no? Drugs and/or prostitutes? All this lying and embellishing over a gas station encounter still seems odd.

But Lochte comes off as an attention -seeking douchebro, so maybe it all makes sense to him. 

5 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

Synchronized Swimming is just so weird.  And why don't any of them wear goggles?

If I was to guess, the distortion from looking sideways at teammates might throw them off? Just a guess though

I knew as soon as I heard that dude giving the interview at the beach it sounded waaay dubious and I definately had my doubts about the veracity based on just the way the guy sounded and body language. Maybe I shouldve went into Detective for my career....?:unsure:

This months long motif of fu@#rs dogging on Rio (over stories like this) is just getting frickn old. I hope those swimmers arent getting any endorsement deals after this behavior.

Team GB are up to 55 medals now, 10 shy of London, 7 up on Beijing.
Chances still to come (off the top of my head, I'll be missing plenty)
Women's hockey
Farah (5k)
Gemili (200m)
Adams (Boxing)
Jones (Taekwondo)
Walkden (Taekwondo)
Jenkins (Triathalon)
Men's 4x100 relay
Women's 4x100 relay
Daley (Diving)
Couch (Diving)
Hull (Not a Sport)

That's 11 viable opportunities, anyone care to add?
Didn't we do we'll in the century-out-of-date Pentathlon last time? Any chances in BMX Bandits? Any more sail boats we can win? Any obvious track and field options I've forgotten?

9 minutes ago, Which Tyler said:

Team GB are up to 55 medals now, 10 shy of London, 7 up on Beijing.
Chances still to come (off the top of my head, I'll be missing plenty)
Women's hockey
Farah (5k)
Gemili (200m)
Adams (Boxing)
Jones (Taekwondo)
Walkden (Taekwondo)
Jenkins (Triathalon)
Men's 4x100 relay
Women's 4x100 relay
Daley (Diving)
Couch (Diving)
Hull (Not a Sport)

That's 11 viable opportunities, anyone care to add?
Didn't we do we'll in the century-out-of-date Pentathlon last time? Any chances in BMX Bandits? Any more sail boats we can win? Any obvious track and field options I've forgotten?

the mens and womens relay teams looked meh.  

couple of shots at medals in the womens triathlon, not just jenkins

world number 1 in the pentathlon

jo joyce in the boxing

liam phillips for the BMX but he had a nasty crash so not sure how he has recovered

womens javelin is an outside bet

doyle in the womens 400m hurdles

37 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

the mens and womens relay teams looked meh.  

couple of shots at medals in the womens triathlon, not just jenkins

world number 1 in the pentathlon

jo joyce in the boxing

liam phillips for the BMX but he had a nasty crash so not sure how he has recovered

womens javelin is an outside bet

doyle in the womens 400m hurdles

Thank you

There's something really fishy about the whole Lochte thing. Why would you report being robbed at gunpoint if you yourself had just been the perpetrator of some other crime? The last thing you'd want would be the attention of the cops.

30 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

There's something really fishy about the whole Lochte thing. Why would you report being robbed at gunpoint if you yourself had just been the perpetrator of some other crime? The last thing you'd want would be the attention of the cops.

Because you're Ryan Lochte.

Archived