Vary's end game REVEALED

jamprab

There is everything in the books for Varys and Aegon Blackfyre, wanting the throne. But for the show, I don't remember any reference to the Blackfyres. Maybe Varys will betray Daenerys, but for whom? Himself? Who will support him? IMO, in the show, Varys is who he looks to be. If something is strange, his story (why believe him in a world of liars?), his lack of hair, his name, it is just remnants of the books' evidences.

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 0:23 PM, BalerionTheCat said:

There is everything in the books for Varys and Aegon Blackfyre, wanting the throne. But for the show, I don't remember any reference to the Blackfyres. Maybe Varys will betray Daenerys, but for whom? Himself? Who will support him? IMO, in the show, Varys is who he looks to be. If something is strange, his story (why believe him in a world of liars?), his lack of hair, his name, it is just remnants of the books' evidences.

This.   The Blackfyres may be a big thing in the book (although IMHO they are a bigger thing in discussions that anywhere else, including the books) but they are nothing on the show.  And, since there are anywhere between 13 and 15 episodes left, and they still have to have the fight against the Night's King, do you really expect that out of nowhere Varys will step forward and say "I'm the last Blackfyre and now we win"?  Everyone watching the show who hasn't read the books would be asking "what just happened?  Who the heck are the Blackfyres?"  Unless FAegon shows up in the first few minutes of S7E1 then trust me, no Blackfyres and no Fake Aegons.  The show has done a pretty thorough job of rooting out extraneous plot lines and I don't think that they'll betray that philosophy by abandoning it now.

• 10 months later...

Where are the Blackfyres first mentioned in the books? I'm currently on a Feast for Crows and not sure if i've actually come across this yet or not.

I like the ideas about Varys though. I feel his and Baelish's storylines are potentially two of the most underrated and easily forgotten about. The show has largely subdued any idea that Varys could be committing any evil plotting for himself, but it's quite clear that Baelish is up to something.

Hope D&D develop both these characters more in the next series.

On 20/08/2016 at 6:23 AM, jamprab said:

Elisabetta, check out the scene in Varys apartment with the crate again.  The scene is 4:05 long.  From 3:06-3:17 Varys stares into a mirror while speaking with Tyrion.   Varys apartment is spotless, but the mirror is very foggy all around the edges.  The part that is clear is just big enough for a face.  As the camera draws level so we can see Varys reflection as he sees it you can see why he's left it foggy.  The reflection looks like Varys with silver hair.  Bear in mind it's his apartment and his mirror.  Why would he leave it that way?  I tried to point it out in a post but it was removed by Stubby for some pretense.

Almost all mirrors in Westeros are like this if you pay attention.

ShowVarys has been motivated by what he heard from "the voice" in the flames when the sorcerer cut him. Not yet made my mind what BookVarys want but I am sure he doesn't want to be King, to me it makes no sense.

17 hours ago, King in the Nord said:

Where are the Blackfyres first mentioned in the books? I'm currently on a Feast for Crows and not sure if i've actually come across this yet or not.

I like the ideas about Varys though. I feel his and Baelish's storylines are potentially two of the most underrated and easily forgotten about. The show has largely subdued any idea that Varys could be committing any evil plotting for himself, but it's quite clear that Baelish is up to something.

Hope D&D develop both these characters more in the next series.

In ASOS. The earliest I remember them mentioned is when Catelyn argues against legitimizing Jon to Robb

Archived