Poldark [SPOILERS first season]

AncalagonTheBlack

12 hours ago, Zorral said:

snip

Zorral, you should know better. Spoiling the faith of a character based on prior book knowledge just isn't proper on here. You know how to use spoilertags, so I suggest you edit your post. 

16 hours ago, Dr. Pepper said:

I don't normally do this, but any chance we can get book spoilers tagged please?

As I haven't read the novels and plan to enjoy the series for now, I would rather avoid any more of this. Spoilertags aren't that hard to use, especially with that new fancy 'eye' icon to click on. 

57 minutes ago, Zorral said:

I'm so sorry, but as this is labeled as Spoilers it didn't seem to be a thing. I'm always careful about this.  So, this is confusing.

What did I spoil? Season 1????

I took this thread to be spoilers for this current iteration of the Poldark show on tv, not the books or series that aired in the 70s.

You should probably re-read your last post and edit. You spoiled a pretty massive event that has not at all taken place in the first season and that I had absolutely no clue about. 

14 hours ago, Zorral said:

I'm so sorry, but as this is labeled as Spoilers it didn't seem to be a thing. I'm always careful about this.  So, this is confusing.

What did I spoil? Season 1????

When you say that character X is going to kick the bucket, while he/she is still very much alive and kicking in the current series that's a massive spoiler.

13 hours ago, Kittykatknits said:

I took this thread to be spoilers for this current iteration of the Poldark show on tv, not the books or series that aired in the 70s.

Almost correct, we aren't even spoiling the second season of current Poldark, since Ancalogon has only cleared the first season in the thread title :) Not that it should really matter. Board rules are very clear and spoilers from the previous version or the books are only allowed when they are clearly marked in the thread title.  

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, this thread has been dead for way to long. Due to circumstances I just about managed to catch up before this night's episode. I have to say, this was probably the most obvious hour of TV I have ever seen

Spoiler

I don't think they could telegraph Francis' demise more clearly if they tried. This whole episode was like a victory lap for the character and I just knew they were going to off him. 

Despite the laziness of the plotting, I still enjoyed it though. That's something that I like about Poldark. The actors, the costumes, the cinematography and the setting are so diverting, I don't even care that the story is a tad cliche. They were also very good at tugging at the heartstrings. That moment in the 

Spoiler

mine when Francis sees Ross's spectre is so infuryatingly lazy from a storytelling POV and yet it still worked for me.

Most valuable players this week were:

Spoiler

Francis: I'll miss him
Caroline Penvenen: the actress is really lovely and she's got this spark about her. Very mesmerizing
Ray Penvenen: John Nettles is still a national treasure. Love him.
George Warleggan: He's just an utter bastard, but he plays the spoiled toff perfectly imo. 

Yeah, was definitely telegraphed.  I found the episode rather annoying because of that.  And now there will be renewed focus on Elizabeth as central to so many love triangles even though they've created zero personality for the character so I'll be left making up reasons all these people are in love with her.  I'll probably just start watching for the scenery with the sound off.  

Boring ?!!?! Thia last episode reduced me to a blubbering wreck. I loved it. Who cares if something is ''obvious'' ?? I watched it with my mum and she didn't guess and she loved it ! Me too! I mean, I did guess exactly what would happen but it didn't lessen my enjoyment. I LOVE the show. I'm fiercely proud of it being about Cornwall and it is so lovely to watch my home county on TV in this way. 

Archived