Grey Worm vs The Mountain, who will win?

Noob to Thrones

(Such an interesting first post :mellow:)

Next season, it is undoubtable that we will see the Dragon fight the Lion in a battle of epic proportions, in shorter terms the "Queenbowl" or "Battle of the Queens". Of course, both leaders need a champion that will lead their army into battle (Ignoring the fact Dany has 3 dragons and can just burn the entire Lannister army). The number one candidate for each side is obvious, Grey Worm for Dany and Darth Gregor Clegane representing Cersei. Now, Jaimie is still in King's Landing but seems pretty pissed at the fact Cersei burnt most of King's Landing to the ground to sit on the throne, which rules him out as the ultimate fighter for Cersei.

Enough with all the backstory, time for us to place our bets on who will win in "The Worm vs The Mountain". And in my own Noob to Thrones opinion, it will be the baby faced Grey Worm that defeats the wannabe Darth Vader. Why? Cause we already saw that Clegane can easily be defeated by someone with somewhat light armor and a spear. Sadly for the last person to actually fight Clegane with light armor and a spear, he wanted to kill him for revenge and the result was the obliteration of Oberyn Martell's entire head. Grey Worm on the other hand did not have his sister raped and murdered and butchered by The Mountain. Instead Grey Worm sees The Mountain as some guy in shiny gold armor that is really, really big. Grey Worm will be too quick, and "worm" his way out of any situation. That is unless he learned that Clegane murdered his sister and orders him to ay his name......

Of course, none of this will happen if Cersei surrenders and is given trial by combat (>_>......<_<.........)

Zombie Gregor is at this point an untested commodity.  His feats do not range beyond killing non armored religious fanatics.

None the less, I see him crushing Grey Worm.  If Selmy was still alive (as he is in the books), I would say he would win vs Gregor, fairly quickly.  

On 8/7/2016 at 9:37 PM, Noob to Thrones said:

(Such an interesting first post :mellow:)

Next season, it is undoubtable that we will see the Dragon fight the Lion in a battle of epic proportions, in shorter terms the "Queenbowl" or "Battle of the Queens". Of course, both leaders need a champion that will lead their army into battle (Ignoring the fact Dany has 3 dragons and can just burn the entire Lannister army). The number one candidate for each side is obvious, Grey Worm for Dany and Darth Gregor Clegane representing Cersei. Now, Jaimie is still in King's Landing but seems pretty pissed at the fact Cersei burnt most of King's Landing to the ground to sit on the throne, which rules him out as the ultimate fighter for Cersei.

Enough with all the backstory, time for us to place our bets on who will win in "The Worm vs The Mountain". And in my own Noob to Thrones opinion, it will be the baby faced Grey Worm that defeats the wannabe Darth Vader. Why? Cause we already saw that Clegane can easily be defeated by someone with somewhat light armor and a spear. Sadly for the last person to actually fight Clegane with light armor and a spear, he wanted to kill him for revenge and the result was the obliteration of Oberyn Martell's entire head. Grey Worm on the other hand did not have his sister raped and murdered and butchered by The Mountain. Instead Grey Worm sees The Mountain as some guy in shiny gold armor that is really, really big. Grey Worm will be too quick, and "worm" his way out of any situation. That is unless he learned that Clegane murdered his sister and orders him to ay his name......

Of course, none of this will happen if Cersei surrenders and is given trial by combat (>_>......<_<.........)

Great thread, I love considering and talking about fighting matchups.

But yeah, like these other posters are saying, UnGregor would destroy Grey Worm.  Oberyn was not just some lightly armored, quick guy with a spear, he was a world renowned fighter in his own right as the Red Viper of Dorne.

Also, while it's true we don't know details of UnGregor's current abilities, it seems HIGHLY likely that he's been powered up since he fought Oberyn.  My guess is that the only human show character that might have a chance against him now is Sandor (as was mentioned above).  In the books, maybe Strong Belwas.

Having said all that, I like Grey Worm a lot as a character, and it might be worth it to see just so we can have an episode titled "The Worm vs. The Mountain."   HARR!!!

On 8/10/2016 at 5:53 PM, The Yung Wulf said:

It would be cool to see Daario vs Gregor, although we know he isn't making the journey across the narrow sea.

Actually, I'm not sure we DO know Daario is not following Dany.

I think what we know is that she told him to stay behind and then left without him, but I have always believed from the first moment I saw that scene when she told him to stay behind that he's not going to obey her.

I predict Daario and the Second Sons will be in Westeros next season.

UnGregor would tear Greyworm a new anus.

However, I also believe Daario might not obey Dany, but I think he will leave the SS behind and wait for the optimal moment to jump out and save Dany. I'd like to see Daario vs UnGregor, genuinely wouldn't be able to call it.

The way Qyburn responds to "Will (the procedure) it weaken him?" makes me believe UnGregor will be a force of nature.

#Cleganebowl2k17 #Woodchoppingzombies 

Even book version of Grey Worm (stronger, more focused warrior) wouldn't stand long against Robert Strong/Ungregor. He might squeeze 1 victory out of 10 fights, but not more. TV version has no chance, I'm afraid.

In both media, I'd give Sandor Clegane best chances of beating Ungregor.

I hate to say it by Grey Worm isn't that great of a fighter outside of a military formation. He had a hard enough time fighting a bunch of golden masked assassins, with zero field of vision, wielding knives for example. If you're looking for someone from team Dany to fight the Mountain, Daario's probably your best bet and even then I doubt it.

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 11:45 AM, Larger than Average Finger said:

And what other reason could there be for keeping him alive.

The Hound will kill the Mountain, and likely die in the process.

this is my thought exactly. I think they will have a great battle, and the hound will know he is about to die. He will get over his fear, and bear hug the mountain, and push, pull, jump, into a fire of some sort.

the whole, I am scared to death of fire thing The Hound has played, and how his only reason to live, is to avenge it, is why I think this will happen. Lots of foreshadowing.

Archived