Will we see Gendry again (in GOT)?

Aerys Blackfyre

47 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

:unsure: is the hate not working very well nowadays in Reddit euuh? :bang:  please stop your constant dragging of Sansa in everything

I was answering a post that mentioned a scene involving both girls. If you have nothing substantive to add, then leave the thread. Your constant personal attacks, stalking my posts...etc is getting really old.

1 hour ago, DutchArya said:

Ned tells Arya she will marry a King and rule his Castle.

It's interesting grrm's description of Arya's physical reaction. Reminiscint of Cersei’s reaction to being told by Maggy that she will wed the King as well.

“Three questions may you ask,” [Maggy the Frog] said, once she’d had her drink. “You will not like my answers. Ask, or begone with you.”

Go, the dreaming queen thought, hold your tongue, and flee. But the girl did not have sense enough to be afraid.

“When will I wed the prince?” she asked.

“Never. You will wed the king.”

Beneath her golden curls, the girl’s face wrinkled up in puzzlement. - (Cersei, A Feast for Crows)

---

Arya cocked her head to one side. “Can I be a king’s councillor and build castles and become the High Septon?”

“You,” Ned said, kissing her lightly on the brow, “will marry a king and rule his castle, and your sons will be knights and princes and lords and, yes, perhaps even a High Septon.

Arya screwed up her face. - (Eddard, A Game of Thrones)

After breaking off the marriage to Joffery, Ned tells Sansa she will marry a Lord.

Okay, I'm starting to think maybe we're identifying differences between books and show (which is common here, I think)

I just watched the scene where Arya is practicing her balancing in the hallway and Ned talks to her (it's in Episode 104), and I have confirmed Ned said to her "You will marry a High Lord..." not "king."

Just now, Cron said:

Okay, I'm starting to think maybe we're identifying differences between books and show (which is common here, I think)

I just watched the scene where Arya is practicing her balancing in the hallway and Ned talks to her (it's in Episode 104), and I have confirmed Ned said to her "You will marry a High Lord..." not "king."

Yes the confusion here is this:

- GRRM wrote the King line in Ned's chapter in AGoT.

- D&D changed the line to Lord on s1 of the TV show.

This isnt the first time some speculation on continuity has come up. Curiously, this problem was brought up by Daniel Abraham, a writer for the graphic novels based on ASOIAF. He is also friends with George. Daniel was advised by grrm about changing some dialogue and the impact it would have on the end of the series with A Dream of Spring. Unlike D&D on the tv show,  Daniel listened and fixed the scene he changed back to its original form.

---

Have you collaborated at all with George R.R. Martin in the process of adapting the novel to comics? If so, what’s the creative process there?

"I’ve spoken to George a lot in the process. The biggest issues we have are continuity questions. There are things about this story that only he knows, and they aren’t all obvious. There was one scene I had to rework because there’s a particular line of dialog – and you wouldn’t know it to look at– that’s important in the last scene of “A Dream of Spring.” - Daniel Abraham

7 minutes ago, DutchArya said:

Yes the confusion here is this:

- GRRM wrote the King line in Ned's chapter in AGoT.

- D&D changed the line to Lord on s1 of the TV show.

This isnt the first time some speculation on continuity has come up. Curiously, this problem was brought up by Daniel Abraham, a writer for the graphic novels based on ASOIAF. He is also friends with George. Daniel was advised by grrm about changing some dialogue and the impact it would have on the end of the series with A Dream of Spring. Unlike D&D on the tv show,  Daniel listened and fixed the scene he changed back to its original form.

---

Have you collaborated at all with George R.R. Martin in the process of adapting the novel to comics? If so, what’s the creative process there?

"I’ve spoken to George a lot in the process. The biggest issues we have are continuity questions. There are things about this story that only he knows, and they aren’t all obvious. There was one scene I had to rework because there’s a particular line of dialog – and you wouldn’t know it to look at– that’s important in the last scene of “A Dream of Spring.” - Daniel Abraham

but we don't know if he refers to that line......there's a whole thread about it considering other possibilities.

6 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

but we don't know if he refers to that line......there's a whole thread about it considering other possibilities.

Yup it's just speculation, that happens to fit really well. We'll find out for sure at the end of A Dream of Spring (which will conclude with an Epilogue) or even sooner if d&d do a better job of writing the end to reflect grrm's OG ending.  

Continuity problems have come up between two sets of writers in two different mediums adapting the same piece of work. :P

3 minutes ago, DutchArya said:

Yup it's just speculation, that happens to fit really well. We'll find out for sure at the end of A Dream of Spring (which will conclude with an Epilogue) or even sooner if d&d do a better job of writing the end to reflect grrm's OG ending.  

Continuity problems have come up between two sets of writers in two different mediums adapting the same piece of work. :P

yep. I agree that it fits but we still don't know. We will have to wait and see:P

14 hours ago, Cron said:

Well, whether it's being predicted or foreshadowed or not, I thought Arya had a little crush on Gendry.  My memory is that when she and Gendry parted ways, that seemed to bother her more than her parting of ways with anyone else (except her family members).  It was a touching scene, with her saying something like "we can be a family," and Gendry says something like "no, you would be My Lady," and she seemed really hurt and disappointed by that.    Also, I thought they had great chemistry and interaction in that scene by the creek (or whatever) when Gendry told her he knew she was a girl, lots of friendly banter and teasing.  Gendry has a light hearted, casual, humorous personality that I thought provided great balance to Arya's fierce seriousness.

Jaime and Brienne:  I know there's been talk about this, but I consider it VERY unlikely, and frankly I'd rather see her with Tormund anyway (as has been hinted at in the show in Season 6, more than once in fact).  Part of the reason I don't believe Jaime and Brienne will ever be together is b/c I've believed since I first read Storm of Swords quite a few years ago (ten years, maybe?) that Jaime will die a hero in the final battle, and I'm sticking to that prediction.

Sansa and Tyrion:  Least likely of all three pairings I'm discussing here, I think (but I'm not mad about it, HAR!). Sorry,  i just do not see that happening, I think Sandor be a less surprising husband for Sansa, and I even think "San-San" is unlikely, too.  So who do I see Sansa with?  Dunno, but none of this stuff feels right (or even Jon and Sansa, although I know that theory has been going around, too).  Littlefinger? Absurd, in my opinion.  Maybe at the moment I'm leaning towards Sansa NOT being with anybody when this current run of GOT ends, but rather, just being a strong woman in her own right.

Sorry, there is something that either I am doing wrong or is happening that is making me quote the wrong posts and won't let me delete them :wacko: anyhow:  

6 hours ago, Cron said:

Regarding whether Ned said "king" to Arya:  Hmmmm...My understanding is you are saying Ned definitely said king to both Sansa and Arya, but i'm not clear on who you are saying Ned said "kind and gentle and brave" to (my understanding is that he said that at the table to Sansa when she responded something like "I don't want someone kind and gentle and brave, I want Joffrey!")  I haven't reviewed the scene(s) yet (I have the first 5 seasons on disc), but I do intend to try to at least review the scene I mentioned where Arya is practincing balancing in the hallway so I can check Ned's exact words there (or am I confused, and you're saying Ned said something to Arya about Arya marrying a king in some other scene?)

Regarding Arya's personality:  I agree that it would be great to see more of what Arya's "heart desires," and I'm pretty confident we will soon now that she's back in Westeros (what you call the 3rd arc of her story, I believe).  i agree she will leave the Faceless Men in the books, she has to go back to Westeros.

Regarding Arya possibly meeting Lady Stoneheart:  Wow, I never even thought about that possibility!  What a wild scene that would be, seeing those two meet! (I'm definitely hoping to see the return of Nymeria soon, too)

Also regarding Arya:  Yeah, I think she's a great character, and in fact I think she's a great candidate for a main role in a GOT spin-off after the current run is done.  In fact, I've thought about a few possible spin-offs, and one of them I'd like to see would feature Arya and Lyanna Mormont quite a bit (including as friends who know each other well).  Any thoughts on that, or other possible spin-offs?  (You won't hurt my feelings if you say you don't like the Arya and Lyanna Mormont spin-off idea, some people have already said that, so I know there are other views out there. HAR!)

DutchArya and Meera of Tarth have explained where the confusion came from.  Thanks @DutchArya, @Meera of Tarth

Now interesting how when someone says that they definitely want or don't want something they tend to get the opposite lol, although of course things never pan out the way the person thought they would when they made the statement.

The Stoneheart idea might very well be totally off track but yes it would make for some incredible drama and personally I can't figure out why else she would be in the story anyway as there are a lot of other people who could exact revenge for the Red Wedding.  I think she has to be a kind of lesson against bringing people back almost willy nilly.  I agree about Nymeria.  Definitely making an appearance at least in the books.  In the show though, it is rumored that they are cutting off on direwolves because they are using the budget for dragons and battles but definitely Nymeria is out there just waiting to take central stage.  If I were to make a wild tin foil bet I would go for Arya warging into her and coming across LSH that way...

I would definitely be interested to see such a spin off and wow, yes Arya and Lyanna Mormont OMG what a double act but also a total force to be reckon with!  Of course I doubt this would happen but hey it's fan to think about what if...

Now, when I say that a pair might happen I don't exclude the possibility that one of them or both will die in the series.  Yes, I also think that Jaime will definitely, definitely die.  Some people are hoping he might leave Brienne with child and I think I would quiet like that too.  Now, of course he has to sort out all the prophecy stuff with Cersei first and, I hope, reunite with Tyrion and be forgiven.  I think Tyrion was blaming Jaime too much to be honest.

My Sansa/Tyrion theory is very long and very unpopular with many lol  Again, if they do stay married I get the feeling that one of them might not make it either...  Someone major has to go; it's George we are talking about :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, Future Null Infinity said:

:unsure: is the hate not working very well nowadays in Reddit euuh? :bang:  please stop your constant dragging of Sansa in everything

Okay, speaking only for myself but as far as I am aware no one has been putting Sansa down in this thread :blink:  It is kind of inevitable to speak of a character or a plot without mentioning other characters.  i am well aware that there are people who dislike Sansa's character but I truly don't believe anyone has been saying anything bad about her in this particular topic.

4 hours ago, Morgana Lannister said:

I would definitely be interested to see such a spin off and wow, yes Arya and Lyanna Mormont OMG what a double act but also a total force to be reckon with!  Of course I doubt this would happen but hey it's fan to think about what if...

Now, when I say that a pair might happen I don't exclude the possibility that one of them or both will die in the series.  Yes, I also think that Jaime will definitely, definitely die.  Some people are hoping he might leave Brienne with child and I think I would quiet like that too.  Now, of course he has to sort out all the prophecy stuff with Cersei first and, I hope, reunite with Tyrion and be forgiven.  I think Tyrion was blaming Jaime too much to be honest.

My Sansa/Tyrion theory is very long and very unpopular with many lol  Again, if they do stay married I get the feeling that one of them might not make it either...  Someone major has to go; it's George we are talking about :rolleyes:

Regarding spin-off(s):  I've been hearing its very likely (my understanding ts that GOT is incredibly popular, and is HBO's highest rated show, averaging about 25 million viewers per episode this year, and so it seems very unlikely HBO would just abandon that viewership without trying to tap into if further once the current run is done.  Indeed, I've heard GRRM is already signed up with HBO for something, but it's not yet confirmed whether it will be set in Westeros).  

Hard to say what spin-off(s) would focus on, but I think the odds are decent they would take two young and VERY popular characters (Arya and Lyanna Mormont) and go from there (I think the "young" part is important b/c those characters have a lot of story left to tell, with lots of new adventures).  It would be budget friendly (I've heard a fair amount of current costs relate to rising actor salaries, in part b/c the cast has had so many actors over the years), and I'm guessing a good number (many?) of the actors who play other characters who survive the current run would be willing to make cameos (for example, Sophie Turner has a budding acting career, she played Jean Grey in the most recent X-Men movie, which is a BIG role, so I don't know if she has the time or if HBO wants to pay her for an entire season in the future, but maybe we could see Sansa for one or two episodes a year)

Regarding a Jaime/Brienne child:  Whoa, that could be quite a warrior, incredible genes!  I'm a big fan of Nikolai as Jaime (can't imagine Jaime any othr way now), but actually my understanding is that he's not nearly as physically imposing as Jaime in the books.  My understanding is that Jaime is actually a BIG, strong guy (I believe, if I'm not mistaken, there's a passage in one of the books saying something like Jaime is the fourth strongest man in all of Westeros, behind, I assume, only Gregor, Sandor, and, at the time, Hodor).  A child of Jaime and Brienne could rival the Mountain!!

Regarding Jaime reuniting with Tyrion and being forgiven:  I'm not sure Jaime will be seeking forgiveness.  On the ship on the way to Dorne with Bronn in Season 5, Jaime tells Bronn something to the effect that he intends to kill Tyrion next time he sees him (b/c Tyrion killed Tywin), not seek Tyrion's forgiveness.  (I'm not saying I think Jaime WILL kill Tyrion, though, in fact I think that's very unlikely).  Indeed, in my opinion a strong case can be made that Jaime has been a better brother to Tyrion than Tyrion has been to Jaime, and so it's my hope that when they meet again it will not merely involve Jaime seeking forgiveness (and I'm confident it won't, based on what Jaime said to Bronn, as I mentioned above)

Regarding your statement that "Someone major has to go; it's George we are talking about."  Yes, I strongly agree, could not agree more.  I could go through every character opining about who will live or die (I have an opinion on everyone), but I fully expect to be badly wrong on a major character at least once...cuz it's George.  HARR!!!

11 minutes ago, Cron said:

Regarding spin-off(s):  I've been hearing its very likely (my understanding ts that GOT is incredibly popular, and is HBO's highest rated show, averaging about 25 million viewers per episode this year, and so it seems very unlikely HBO would just abandon that viewership without trying to tap into if further once the current run is done.  Indeed, I've heard GRRM is already signed up with HBO for something, but it's not yet confirmed whether it will be set in Westeros).  

Hard to say what spin-off(s) would focus on, but I think the odds are decent they would take two young and VERY popular characters (Arya and Lyanna Mormont) and go from there (I think the "young" part is important b/c those characters have a lot of story left to tell, with lots of new adventures).  It would be budget friendly (I've heard a fair amount of current costs relate to rising actor salaries, in part b/c the cast has had so many actors over the years), and I'm guessing a good number (many?) of the actors who play other characters who survive the current run would be willing to make cameos (for example, Sophie Turner has a budding acting career, she played Jean Grey in the most recent X-Men movie, which is a BIG role, so I don't know if she has the time or if HBO wants to pay her for an entire season in the future, but maybe we could see Sansa for one or two episodes a year)

Regarding a Jaime/Brienne child:  Whoa, that could be quite a warrior, incredible genes!  I'm a big fan of Nikolai as Jaime (can't imagine Jaime any othr way now), but actually my understanding is that he's not nearly as physically imposing as Jaime in the books.  My understanding is that Jaime is actually a BIG, strong guy (I believe, if I'm not mistaken, there's a passage in one of the books saying something like Jaime is the fourth strongest man in all of Westeros, behind, I assume, only Gregor, Sandor, and, at the time, Hodor).  A child of Jaime and Brienne could rival the Mountain!!

Regarding Jaime reuniting with Tyrion and being forgiven:  I'm not sure Jaime will be seeking forgiveness.  On the ship on the way to Dorne with Bronn in Season 5, Jaime tells Bronn something to the effect that he intends to kill Tyrion next time he sees him (b/c Tyrion killed Tywin), not seek Tyrion's forgiveness.  (I'm not saying I think Jaime WILL kill Tyrion, though, in fact I think that's very unlikely).  Indeed, in my opinion a strong case can be made that Jaime has been a better brother to Tyrion than Tyrion has been to Jaime, and so it's my hope that when they meet again it will not merely involve Jaime seeking forgiveness (and I'm confident it won't, based on what Jaime said to Bronn, as I mentioned above)

Regarding your statement that "Someone major has to go; it's George we are talking about."  Yes, I strongly agree, could not agree more.  I could go through every character opining about who will live or die (I have an opinion on everyone), but I fully expect to be badly wrong on a major character at least once...cuz it's George.  HARR!!!

Yes, I have heard about the possibility of spin-offs and would certainly welcome them.  Okay, the tv series might not always be as good as the books but I still love it nonetheless.  I agree that those young characters could have potential for that purpose.  However, Robert's rebelion and stuff prior to that seems also very popular, although I personally would prefer more of a continuation of whatever happens at the very end; i.e. how the peace or whatever pans out.

Jaime, like you, I couldn't imagine anyone else playing him either but I guess the same goes for most of the major cast.  As for strength I cannot remember off hand a description in the books beside the golden hair etc but my mental impression (might well be wrong) is that his main strength is actually his skill.  He is Cersei's twin and although male/female twins are not identical as such I imagine him athletic built but not enormous just as she is but of course with all that muscle from training.

As for Tyrion/Jaime, again stuff for another longer topic but you are right, I was focusing on Tyrion ranting on about how he kept the secret re Tysha for all these years.  Of course, yes, he killed Tywin so he has some forgiveness to ask for too indeed, although I think Tyrion is conflicted on that one in that hey he feels guilty and ashamed but probably a little satisfied too.  There was an interesting dream of Tyrion that I think points to a reconciliation with Jaime.  I can't quite remember it but basically Jaime is dead (I think Tyrion killed him) and one of his own heads is laughing and the other weeping or something like that, so his resentment for Jaime won't last.  As for Jaime, he has done enough wrong (Bran for instance) to have a little mercy on others I think, so yeah, they won't die sworn enemies I don't think.

lol there is another thread, somewhere in the tv show section dealing with yes final death predictions.  Give it a go there! ;)  Would love to see what yours are.

1 hour ago, Morgana Lannister said:

Yes, I have heard about the possibility of spin-offs and would certainly welcome them.  Okay, the tv series might not always be as good as the books but I still love it nonetheless.  I agree that those young characters could have potential for that purpose.  However, Robert's rebelion and stuff prior to that seems also very popular, although I personally would prefer more of a continuation of whatever happens at the very end; i.e. how the peace or whatever pans out.

Jaime, like you, I couldn't imagine anyone else playing him either but I guess the same goes for most of the major cast.  As for strength I cannot remember off hand a description in the books beside the golden hair etc but my mental impression (might well be wrong) is that his main strength is actually his skill.  He is Cersei's twin and although male/female twins are not identical as such I imagine him athletic built but not enormous just as she is but of course with all that muscle from training.

As for Tyrion/Jaime, again stuff for another longer topic but you are right, I was focusing on Tyrion ranting on about how he kept the secret re Tysha for all these years.  Of course, yes, he killed Tywin so he has some forgiveness to ask for too indeed, although I think Tyrion is conflicted on that one in that hey he feels guilty and ashamed but probably a little satisfied too.  There was an interesting dream of Tyrion that I think points to a reconciliation with Jaime.  I can't quite remember it but basically Jaime is dead (I think Tyrion killed him) and one of his own heads is laughing and the other weeping or something like that, so his resentment for Jaime won't last.  As for Jaime, he has done enough wrong (Bran for instance) to have a little mercy on others I think, so yeah, they won't die sworn enemies I don't think.

lol there is another thread, somewhere in the tv show section dealing with yes final death predictions.  Give it a go there! ;)  Would love to see what yours are.

Spin-offs:  I'd love to see Robert's Rebellion, OR what I call "Game of Thrones 2" (basically what we're already seeing, but continuing with all the current characters that survivet he current run), but I think these things are less likely than other things that can be done with smaller budgets than what those enormous epics would cost (especially GOT 2 b/c of, once again, the production cost issues, especially for the current cast, which I've heard is getting steadily more and more expensive).  But maybe I'm wrong, and of course I'd be grateful for the opportunity to at least try to any spin-off/sequel/prequel I can get.

One day I'll try to track down that passage I seem to recall about Jaime's size and strength.  Could be tough to do, though, short of a complete re-read of the first four books (don't think it would have been in ADWD).  My understanding was that Jaime's combination of size, strength and speed was what made him VERY likely the deadliest warrior in all of Westeros before he lost his right hand.  Jaime's fighting prowess is downgraded in the show, though, and others, like Ned, are powered up.  When Jaime and Ned fought in Season One, I laughed, cuz book-Jaime would have defeated book-Ned in about 10 seconds or less, in my strong opinion (in that scene in the book, Jaime never gets off his horse to personally fight. but in the show they spiced it up, and of course b/c Ned was "the hero" he had to be able to at least hold his own, which I thought was ludicrous)

Not disagreeing with anything you wrote about Jaime and Tyrion, and I'm not saying Tyrion was a terrible brother to Jaime, but to my knowledge and memory Jaime has NEVER wronged Tyrion (at least not in a mean way, I'll get to the Tysha stuff very soon here), and Tyrion owes Jaime A LOT (largely for protecting him, often from Cersei, and being, I think, Tyrion's best friend growing up)  Jaime treated Tyrion FAR better than just about anyone else, and even on the issue that Tyrion is upset about (Jaime lying about Tysha) we can debate whether Jaime did the right thing, but it's CLEAR that Jaime told that lie in an attempt to spare Tyrion from the ultra-harsh truth of what Tywin had done, which neither Tyrion nor Jaime could have controlled at the time anyway (cuz Tywin was in full control)

Yeah, I've seen the final death predictions thread, I think I might have made a comment or two, but not a complete list.

Some of my predictions for the big names:

Dany:  lives (one of the final tri-archs)

Tyrion:  lives (one of the final tri-archs)

Jon:   probably lives (maybe a final tri-arch, but maybe not if Young Griff is actually Rhaegar's son Aegon, at least in the books)

Sansa:  Lives

Arya:  Lives

Cersei: Definitely dies,it's prophesied, I predict jaime is gonna cross her off (Valonqar, "little brother," Cersei is older by a few minutes)

Littlefinger: Dead

Varys:  Lives

Jaime:  Dies (hero in the final battle, probably with most people still despising him, except for Brienne, who will very likely be the only person in Westeros to mourn him, other than Tyrion)

Brienne and Tormund:  Both live, and end up together.

Melisandre: Dies  (MIGHT go out a hero, though, despite some REALLY bad stuff she's done)

Davos:  Lives

Bran and Meera:  Both live, probably a couple, joining Ned's house with Howland Reed's

Sam, Gilly and Little Sam all live

Ellaria Sand and Sand Snakes:  All dead

Olenna Tyrell:  Lives

Jorah:  Dies

Grey Worm and Missandei:  One lives, one dies, coin flip

Daario:  Lives, ends up with Dany

Sandor:  Lives

Gregor:  Dies (whatever that might mean for him in his current condition)

That's about it for the major characters, so I'll stop there.  I know some people are predicting a total bloodbath (nearly everyone dead), but I actually don't think that's going to happen.  My opinion is that most of the characters still alive are going to survive.

14 minutes ago, Cron said:

Spin-offs:  I'd love to see Robert's Rebellion, OR what I call "Game of Thrones 2" (basically what we're already seeing, but continuing with all the current characters that survivet he current run), but I think these things are less likely than other things that can be done with smaller budgets than what those enormous epics would cost (especially GOT 2 b/c of, once again, the production cost issues, especially for the current cast, which I've heard is getting steadily more and more expensive).  But maybe I'm wrong, and of course I'd be grateful for the opportunity to at least try to any spin-off/sequel/prequel I can get.

One day I'll try to track down that passage I seem to recall about Jaime's size and strength.  Could be tough to do, though, short of a complete re-read of the first four books (don't think it would have been in ADWD).  My understanding was that Jaime's combination of size, strength and speed was what made him VERY likely the deadliest warrior in all of Westeros before he lost his right hand.  Jaime's fighting prowess is downgraded in the show, though, and others, like Ned, are powered up.  When Jaime and Ned fought in Season One, I laughed, cuz book-Jaime would have defeated book-Ned in about 10 seconds or less, in my strong opinion (in that scene in the book, Jaime never gets off his horse to personally fight. but in the show they spiced it up, and of course b/c Ned was "the hero" he had to be able to at least hold his own, which I thought was ludicrous)

Not disagreeing with anything you wrote about Jaime and Tyrion, and I'm not saying Tyrion was a terrible brother to Jaime, but to my knowledge and memory Jaime has NEVER wronged Tyrion (at least not in a mean way, I'll get to the Tysha stuff very soon here), and Tyrion owes Jaime A LOT (largely for protecting him, often from Cersei, and being, I think, Tyrion's best friend growing up)  Jaime treated Tyrion FAR better than just about anyone else, and even on the issue that Tyrion is upset about (Jaime lying about Tysha) we can debate whether Jaime did the right thing, but it's CLEAR that Jaime told that lie in an attempt to spare Tyrion from the ultra-harsh truth of what Tywin had done, which neither Tyrion nor Jaime could have controlled at the time anyway (cuz Tywin was in full control)

Yeah, I've seen the final death predictions thread, I think I might have made a comment or two, but not a complete list.

Some of my predictions for the big names:

Dany:  lives (one of the final tri-archs)

Tyrion:  lives (one of the final tri-archs)

Jon:   probably lives (maybe a final tri-arch, but maybe not if Young Griff is actually Rhaegar's son Aegon, at least in the books)

Sansa:  Lives

Arya:  Lives

Cersei: Definitely dies,it's prophesied, I predict jaime is gonna cross her off (Valonqar, "little brother," Cersei is older by a few minutes)

Littlefinger: Dead

Varys:  Lives

Jaime:  Dies (hero in the final battle, probably with most people still despising him, except for Brienne, who will very likely be the only person in Westeros to mourn him, other than Tyrion)

Brienne and Tormund:  Both live, and end up together.

Melisandre: Dies  (MIGHT go out a hero, though, despite some REALLY bad stuff she's done)

Davos:  Lives

Bran and Meera:  Both live, probably a couple, joining Ned's house with Howland Reed's

Sam, Gilly and Little Sam all live

Ellaria Sand and Sand Snakes:  All dead

Olenna Tyrell:  Lives

Jorah:  Dies

Grey Worm and Missandei:  One lives, one dies, coin flip

Daario:  Lives, ends up with Dany

Sandor:  Lives

Gregor:  Dies (whatever that might mean for him in his current condition)

That's about it for the major characters, so I'll stop there.  I know some people are predicting a total bloodbath (nearly everyone dead), but I actually don't think that's going to happen.  My opinion is that most of the characters still alive are going to survive.

Cool!  Will reply to you by message because we are getting totally out of topic here lol probably my fault to be honest :blush: ;)

On 8/14/2016 at 10:00 AM, Aerys Blackfyre said:

Thanx for all your contributions to this thread! Btw the valyrian steel blacksmith  theory is indeed really interesting...

I just though, hey he is Robert's bastard and he could had been apprenticed in any trade but his master was the top guy in KL for it... got to mean something...

• 2 weeks later...

There are a lot of really interesting theories on this thread! One of my pet theories for Gendry is that he will lead a populist revolt against Queen Cerci in Kings Landing. Given how hated she was before she blew up the Sept, killed the High Septon, killed the beloved Queen Margaery and untold common people in the surrounding area; I think it's safe to say the public has reached the limit of it's tollerance for her. Now, assuming Gendry made it to Kings Landing he (as a common person from Kings Landing) would likely feel the same hatred and rage as everyone else. That could spur him into useing his Parentage to gain and consolodate the support of the common people and possibly some noble houses. A common person with noble blood? The people would flock to him in droves. With all that support (and by sheer numbers alone) he could take the Red Keep. He could live up to his father's legacy and lead a revolt against a mad dictator. After all, as Robert's only living true born son he has the best claim to the throne. And as the election in the north proved, you don't need a noble name to inherit a crown. Gendry has just as much right to the Iron Throne as John Snow does to Winterfell.

• 4 weeks later...

I think Gendry will come back. I think the story will come back in full circle. I recon House Baratheon will continue through a bastard being legitimized. Orys Baratheon took House Durradon and continued that line even though not by name. Plus this whole war started due to the legitimacy of Robert's 'kids' and think that his whoring around saved his family's line in the end. So think he will be legitimized in the end, as they have merged him him Edric Storm, so believe House Baratheon will continue through them. Maybe I'm just hopeful for my favorite house to continue. 

Archived