US elections - may the polls be ever in your favor

IheartIheartTesla

4 hours ago, Roose Boltons Pet Leech said:

Stupid quotes.

40 minutes ago, Martell Spy said:

It's sad to me that Rubio's fetid primary campaign and transparently craven maneuvering have not doomed him already. 

29 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

Stupid quotes.

It's sad to me that Rubio's fetid primary campaign and transparently craven maneuvering have not doomed him already. 

Yeah, for some reason I had assumed he had been recalled, deactivated and recycled for parts months ago. Shows what I know.

1 hour ago, sologdin said:

are you suggesting that we are in the first or the second trumpocalypse?

The second? The conservative kingdoms are broken and scattered, Republicans flee downticket in defiance and a Clinton returns at the end of the world. 

9 minutes ago, sologdin said:

are you suggesting that we are in the first or second trumpocalypse?

Well, if anyone spots a carapace in the heart of a whirlwind, and hears 

WHAT DO YOU SEE... IT'S GONNA BE YUUUUGE.

We'll know we're in trouble.

Anasûrimbor Clinton may have her issues, but I'll take her over the No=Trump.  

Best bakkake ever, :bowdown:

To those confused, the preceding posts referred to the second apocalypse series by Scott Bakker, 

US elections: a Clinton shall return at the end of the world

us elections: WHAT DO YU SEE!

us elections: the nth trumpocalypse

Loving it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/11/us/politics/trump-rally.html?_r=0

“In many respects, you know, they honor President Obama,” Mr. Trump told a raucous and rowdy crowd in Florida on Wednesday night. “He’s the founder of ISIS. He’s the founder of ISIS. He’s the founder. He founded ISIS.” He added, “I would say the co-founder would be crooked Hillary Clinton.” During an extended riff on the crisis in Crimea, Mr. Trump added extra emphasis on the president’s full name, saying that it occurred “during the administration of Barack Hussein Obama.”

Can someone explain how this isn't slander?

5 minutes ago, aceluby said:

Can someone explain how this isn't slander?

Apparently it was sarcasm.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/aug/12/donald-trump-obama-isis-founder-sarcasm

You see, he meant it, but he didn't mean it. Except that he really did, but he didn't. It depends. Who's asking?

On 8/9/2016 at 10:13 PM, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

OH SNAP!

I hear they're going to fight on the lower playground after school tomorrow!

I know Elizabeth Warren is trying to get on The Don's nerves, but I don't see how this comment helps in any way.

It leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Maybe it's the childish tone. Or the insinuation that girl's are inferiorior to men.

I get that she's making fun ofDonald's misogyny, but I expect better from Elizabeth.

On 8/10/2016 at 4:04 AM, James Arryn said:

To be fair, America's always at war...pretty much literally since it became a power...and it's economy probably requires it. So you can't fairly list it among the things it survives. It's doubtful it could survive extended peace the way it's currently constructed.

Edit: and with Trump and Clinton as the alternatives, we won't be finding out any time soon...attacking other countries should continue to be big business in 'Merica. 

I disagree. I don't think the US benefits domestically from our wars. Well, maybe/probably/most likely oil. But the average United Statesian doesn't necessarily benefit from our foreign adventures. The ones who benefit from our wars are the big corporations. And they don't share that wealth with the average citizen. And they don't create jobs here in the good ol' US of A. Those corporations usually exploit both the natural resources and cheap labor of that particular nation. And  give the pols who helped them cushy jobs. 

2 minutes ago, The Fallen said:

And they don't share that wealth with the average citizen. And they don't create jobs here in the good ol' US of A.

I can't agree with this.  Many of the defense contractors and aerospace companies do create jobs for Americans, as do the worldwide militarily bases that supply jobs for Americans.  Awarding military contracts to defense contractors in the States is big business and many times is what the 'pork' in the House and Senate bills are about.  If the US military contracts then the bases that employ many civilians and the defense contractors that employ civilians shed jobs.

We've kinda painted ourselves into a corner this way.

15 minutes ago, LongRider said:

I can't agree with this.  Many of the defense contractors and aerospace companies do create jobs for Americans, as do the worldwide militarily bases that supply jobs for Americans.  Awarding military contracts to defense contractors in the States is big business and many times is what the 'pork' in the House and Senate bills are about.  If the US military contracts then the bases that employ many civilians and the defense contractors that employ civilians shed jobs.

We've kinda painted ourselves into a corner this way.

Worst jobs bill ever.  Could have spent less and created more jobs by just keeping up and upgrading our infrastructure.

But nope.  Killing brown people is more important.  Because jobs.....

Archived