Westeros Football League A

Whiskeyjack

People in this league - Whiskeyjack, Mexal, Jaime, JJ Lannister, Week, Bronn, POTN, Fuentez, Jace, Dracarys

This league is expanded roster and will have an auction draft.  Need to figure out the draft date.  Prefer to have everyone present if possible.  Here are our options -

Monday August 22

Tuesday August 23

Wednesday August 24

Thursday August 25

Friday August 26

Saturday August 27

Sunday August 28

Monday August 29

Tuesday August 30

Wednesday August 31

Thursday September 1

Friday September 2

Saturday September 3

Sunday September 4

Monday September 5

Tuesday September 6

Wednesday September 7

Please respond in this thread with a list of the dates that you cannot draft.   I'd prefer to have this draft on August 29th or later, to make sure its after the 3rd preseason game.  But we'll go with whatever works best for everyone in the league.

Okay, updated options.

Monday August 29

Tuesday August 30

Wednesday August 31

Thursday September 1

Friday September 2

Saturday September 3

Sunday September 4

With a preference for the September dates, if possible.  Still need to hear from Mexal, Jaime, JJ Lannister, Bronn, Fuentez.

• 3 weeks later...

First draft of the season. Was a bit of a mess with some gratuitous overspending in the first bit of the draft, but I think my team is alright.

QB: J.Cutler A.Smith (T.Romo, P.Lynch) 

WR: A.Brown, D.Bryant, D.Parker, J.Brown (M.Thomas, T.Boyd)

RB: A.Peterson, J.Forsett, D.Johnson Jr. (J.White, D.Lewis, T.Riddick, K.Dixon)

TE: R.Gronkowski (J.Thomas)

DST: Green Bay (Houston)

K: C.Boswell

The QB and RB postions are a bit of a mess, but hopefully some current injuries/competitions will shake out in my favor. My strength is WR with TE a close second, but looking back I think I overspent on Gronk. Money that could have been spent giving me a slightly stronger RB corps, but such is life.

QB - Roethlisberger, Stafford (Hill)
RB - L. Bell, D. Martin, J. Hill (J. Starks, D. Williams, C. Johnson)
WR - Green, R. Cobb, M. Jones, J. Matthews (R. Matthews, W. Fuller, M. Sanu, M Wallace, T. Pryor)
TE - G. Olsen (C. Walford)
K - Hauschka
DEF - Cincinnati

Starters are pretty good but my depth is shit (WR can survive maybe one injury?). Fingers crossed for no injuries!

QB - A. Luck, T. Taylor (B. Gabbert, C. Keenum)
RB - L. Miller, J. Stewart, M. Jones (T. Coleman, D. Washington, J. Allen)
WR - J. Nelson, B. Cooks, D. Thomas, M. Floyd (D. Jackson, J. Gordon, S. Diggs, W. Snead)
TE - T. Eifert (E. Ebron)
K - B. Walsh
D - Denver

Probably least satisfied with this draft of my 3 auctions. It's pretty much solid top to bottom with no glaring weakness but wanted a better QB2 and RB2 and a few other guys I didn't get but everyone had too much money left due to early deals. I do have about 8 WRs I wouldn't mind starting so anyone who needs a WR, look me up. 

QB - K. Cousins, J. Winston (A. Dalton, M. Mariota)
RB - T. Gurley, M. Ingram, G. Bernard (I. Crowell, J. Ajayi, C. Thompson)
WR - A. Robinson, K. Allen, E. Sanders, M. Wheaton (D. Green-Beckham, T. Smith, K. Aiken, B. LaFell)
TE - D. Walker (D. Allen)
K - J. Tucker
D - New England

Eh, it seemed to work out "alright".  Went with more of a "more solid QBs" strategy here instead of trying to get an "Elite" QB.  We'll see how that works out...  Also, I accidentally ended up with T. Montgomery in the last WR spot because I ran out of time.  So I dropped him and will kick the tires on LaFell.  The #2 WR in Cincy (behind Green and Eifert for targets, of course) could still be alright for a bench WR:dunno:  

That was a tough auction.  Somehow ended up where a lot of people had a lot of money late, so there really weren't any good deals at the end. 

QB - D.Brees, B.Bortles (J.Goff, J.McCown)
RB - E.Elliott, E.Lacy, C.Anderson (C.Michael, T.West, D.Booker, A.Morris, R.Kelley)
WR - D.Hopkins, K.Benjamin, M.Crabtree, P.Garcon (T.Williams, C.Conley)
TE - G.Barnidge
K - D.Bailey
DEF - Pittsburgh

I like my starting lineup, especially at QB, RB, and WR1.  Feel like Benjamin and Crabtree are both good WR3.  But I'm missing a WR2, and my QB and WR depth are weaknesses.  Main issue was that I never intended to get both Lacy + CJA - that money was supposed to go to WR2, but all of those guys went for more than I expected, and the RB fit into my values better.

At this point, I'm okay with seeing how this team plays out for a couple of weeks.  But I'm also open to trades if they make sense. 

I intentionally went heavier WR after coming up a bit light in other leagues.  Targeted more of a QB1 and matchups at QB - though Rivers is a bit stronger than I need there.

QB - Rodgers, Rivers (Dak, Flacco)
WR - Marshall, Jeffery, Tate, Dorsett (Hogan, White, Stills)
RB - McCoy, Gore, Sims (Ware, Powell, Henry, Gillislee)
TE - Reed
K - Gano
DEF - Carolina (Oak)

Happy with RB depth (could have more top-end talent) and I have the opposite feeling about WRs (solid top-end talent and less depth).

Qb- Palmer, Manning  ( Bradford )

Rb- Murray,  Blount,  Woodhead (Sproles)

Wr- Beckham Jr., Evans, Cooper,  Edelman ( V. Jackson,  Coates )

Te- Fleener ( Graham,  Bennett )

K- Gostkowski

Def- KC, Buff

Strong at QB, WR, and TE.

Ridiculously weak at RB.

Willing to downgrade at strong positions for an upgrade at RB.

Shoot me some offers. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This league is insane.  Seven teams at 4-3.  Two at 3-4 and one caboose at 1-6.

I'm fifth, tied for first and have a great shot this week since half of Mexal's team is spending the week investigating alternate lifestyles (their all on bi).

Archived