Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kairparavel

Makeup VI : SPFantastic

109 posts in this topic

For those who are into such stuff, MAC cosmetics is having a sale for those who have bought something from their website. 

On 3/1/2017 at 6:14 PM, Xray the Enforcer said:

My new favorite lipstick is Berry Haute from Revlon. Holy gods it's the orchid/purple lipstick I've been looking for. Elder Sis you gotta try it.

I've been wearing their Blackberry for decades.  It's beautiful.

oh god one of the lipsticks I bought turned out to be greige. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Anybody have some tips for TV / Video make-up?  Horrible florescent lighting involved.

Posted (edited)

Don't use anything with mica that promises to "highlight" your features. That shit glows like road stripes under TV lighting conditions (I know this because I asked this very thing of my makeup artist in those wonderful days when I had to do TV segments...)

In general, stick with mattes for setting powder, blush, and eyeshadow, and a creme for lipstick. Don't do a "nude" lip. Pick a color that's actually a color, and at least a shade darker than your natural lips. If you use foundation, make sure you blend that MF really well, especially at the hairline and jawline. If you fill in your eyebrows, stick with a color as close to your natural color as possible. 

Edited by Xray the Enforcer

Posted (edited)

12 hours ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

Don't use anything with mica that promises to "highlight" your features. That shit glows like road stripes under TV lighting conditions (I know this because I asked this very thing of my makeup artist in those wonderful days when I had to do TV segments...)

In general, stick with mattes for setting powder, blush, and eyeshadow, and a creme for lipstick. Don't do a "nude" lip. Pick a color that's actually a color, and at least a shade darker than your natural lips. If you use foundation, make sure you blend that MF really well, especially at the hairline and jawline. If you fill in your eyebrows, stick with a color as close to your natural color as possible. 

Thanks X-Ray!   I will post the videos when they're done.  CLOTHES AND MAKE UP ARE TOOOOO MUCH WORK!

Edited by Lily Valley