You fall through a portal,and wake up in book 1/S01E01.

superninja76

Hi guys! It's superninja76 again,with another (hopefully) interesting question!

If you've read my previous thread,you should understand that this is somewhat like it,although you don't get a magic GPS or a modern steel longsword. (Unless you have those in bed with you..?)

Also,if there's someone else in bed with you,let's just say time paused in the other,prime reality until you eiether die,or chose to return. When you die/return,you will wake up,as if it was all a dream.

You are quietly laying in bed,quietly reading A Game of Thrones,you are close to the end of the book when,suddenly,a portal appears beneath you!

Before you can react,you fall through it,taking your copy of a Game of Thrones,and whatever else you have with you,through the portal.

You feel something poking you,and you wake up,with a maester,and two knights standing over you,the maester looking worried.

You quickly remember you didn't have any clothes on,and look down,hoping this is just a strange,strange dream.

It's not.

You're wearing a westerosi noble outfit,and you notice a sword a few feet away from you.

Before you can do anything,the maester helps you up.

"My lord,are you alright? We heard you fall,and we found you,unconscious!

Now,before you begin,i'm going to explain a little,in case you're confused.

You've been magically transported through a portal,and have woken up in westeros. From what the maester has said,you've gathered you are some sort of minor lord.

You obviously have not changed at all,other than the new clothes you are wearing.

You also appear to know the westerosi language,seeing as you can understand the maester.

Finally,you must choose where this lordship is before you begin. (Note,you don't lead a house from canon ASOIAF/GOT,you may customize it as much as you like as long as it remains a small,somewhat run down lordship. You can't say you are the king of westeros,or the lord of winterfell.)

Done? Great.

Now,since you understand everything completely..What do you do?

7 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Damn I wanted to meet Machiavelli, Dante and Da Vinci!

In all seriousness can you explained it again because I haven't understood it. 

Alright.

So,you are reading AGOT in bed,portal appears,you fall through it,wake up in the middle of your castles great hall,wearing the clothes of a westerosi noble (I'll leave that to your imagination!)

You also seem to know the westerosi language,and whatever else was on the bed (aside from the blankets and pillow,ofc) fell through the portal with you. (excluding any people on the bed)

Your maester is the guy who wakes you up,and from what he says and where you are it's pretty easy to gather you are some sort of lord.

You can customize what your house is like and where it is,as long as it isn't too big/rich,and if it doesnt erase any other houses.

Now,the question is,what do you do after you wake?

18 minutes ago, superninja76 said:

Alright.

So,you are reading AGOT in bed,portal appears,you fall through it,wake up in the middle of your castles great hall,wearing the clothes of a westerosi noble (I'll leave that to your imagination!)

You also seem to know the westerosi language,and whatever else was on the bed (aside from the blankets and pillow,ofc) fell through the portal with you. (excluding any people on the bed)

Your maester is the guy who wakes you up,and from what he says and where you are it's pretty easy to gather you are some sort of lord.

You can customize what your house is like and where it is,as long as it isn't too big/rich,and if it doesnt erase any other houses.

Now,the question is,what do you do after you wake?

So basically create your own house?

Just now, Jon's Queen Consort said:

So basically create your own house?

Kind of.

It's more complicated then that,since in this hypothetical situation you are yourself,in game of thrones,and you have the first book.

So,if you so wish it you could influence events like,alot.

The point of the thread is to figure out what people would do,if this situation happened to them.

I'd be a minor lord in the Wersterlands and I'd better start training my swordsmanship because before long, I am going to need it.

EDITED: And I'll cut down on the pork, and beef, and lamb and everything else preventing me from getting into shape. And then enter long and hard daily training.

3 minutes ago, LionoftheWest said:

I'd be a minor lord in the Wersterlands and I'd better start training my swordsmanship because before long, I am going to need it.

EDITED: And I'll cut down on the pork, and beef, and lamb and everything else preventing me from getting into shape. And then enter long and hard daily training.

Probably a good idea,you don't want to be Lord too fat to sit on a horse.

x3

42 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

In all seriousness can you explained it again because I haven't understood it. 

This is the fiction genre known as "Self-Insert/Modern-Insert" where the the auther of the fiction/quest/etc had chosen to insert either himself, the reader/s or an invented character into a work of fiction. Usually as a sort of a "fix-fic" where you try and fix the story - Like what if I was Robb Stark when he heared his father was executed? I would not declare myself king in the North because I would declare for Stannis, or I would not marry Jeyne Westerling because I don't want to piss off the Freys... I would not send Theon to the Iron Isles... etc.

Other times it's a power game because you have knowledge of events and you want to game the system. The self/modern-inserts into a different body is even more of an easy start, because you are not someone with knowledge, you can start as a king right off the start.

1 hour ago, superninja76 said:

Hi guys! It's superninja76 again,with another (hopefully) interesting question!

If you've read my previous thread,you should understand that this is somewhat like it,although you don't get a magic GPS or a modern steel longsword. (Unless you have those in bed with you..?)

Also,if there's someone else in bed with you,let's just say time paused in the other,prime reality until you eiether die,or chose to return. When you die/return,you will wake up,as if it was all a dream.

You are quietly laying in bed,quietly reading A Game of Thrones,you are close to the end of the book when,suddenly,a portal appears beneath you!

Before you can react,you fall through it,taking your copy of a Game of Thrones,and whatever else you have with you,through the portal.

You feel something poking you,and you wake up,with a maester,and two knights standing over you,the maester looking worried.

You quickly remember you didn't have any clothes on,and look down,hoping this is just a strange,strange dream.

It's not.

You're wearing a westerosi noble outfit,and you notice a sword a few feet away from you.

Before you can do anything,the maester helps you up.

"My lord,are you alright? We heard you fall,and we found you,unconscious!

Now,before you begin,i'm going to explain a little,in case you're confused.

You've been magically transported through a portal,and have woken up in westeros. From what the maester has said,you've gathered you are some sort of minor lord.

You obviously have not changed at all,other than the new clothes you are wearing.

You also appear to know the westerosi language,seeing as you can understand the maester.

Finally,you must choose where this lordship is before you begin. (Note,you don't lead a house from canon ASOIAF/GOT,you may customize it as much as you like as long as it remains a small,somewhat run down lordship. You can't say you are the king of westeros,or the lord of winterfell.)

Done? Great.

Now,since you understand everything completely..What do you do?

I would swear my sword to the service of the exiled Targaryens and help in whatever way I can to put Daenerys on the Iron Throne. 

Anyways.

I'd be a minor lord in the riverlands,south-east of saltpans,on the Quiet Isle.

Firstly,i'd probably try to figure out where the fuck I am,without making it obvious that i'm not from planetos.

Once i've figured out where I am,i'd probably order the construction of a small port,so we can start getting more ferrys in from westeros.

I'll also set up a camp for refugees,and purchase a couple catapults or scorpions to be mounted on the towers,so I can control the trident delta.

I would have my master at arms start training soldiers,and send out people to hire some hedge knights.

I'd then send someone north to the dreadfort to protect domeric bolton from ramsay,because him being alive would be a huuuuuuuuuuuuuge help.

Next,i'd join king roberts party north,with some of my retainers.

I'd meet ned and cat,and after the initial greetings,set up some hay,or something where bran is going to fall down to.

He'll still be in a coma,but he won't lose use of his legs.

Shortly before the assassin comes to kill him,i'd head over to express my condolences to catelyn,and knock the assassin the fuck out.

After ned leaves,i'd head south,back to the quiet isle,leaving my retainers there.

I'd meet with some merchants and help them establish a trading post on the quiet isle,also,i'd stockpile food and water.

Next,i'd head to the crossroads inn,and just happen to be there at the time catelyn arrives.

I'd have a brief conversation with her,and order some drinks,waiting until tyrion comes.

I'd then join her and the other riverlanders in seizing tyrion.

I'd help to the best of my ability in the fight against the raiders,but let tyrion save catelyn.

Then,i'd go to the eyrie,and watch the trial by combat,advising lysa to end the fight before vardis gets killed.

I would head to kings landing,but probably be too late to save robert.

I won't stop eddards arrest,eiether,but i'll kill littlefinger.

Afterwards,i'd probably head back to the quiet isle,and raise all my bannermen that have been training,and rally all the hedge knights i have hired+my retainers from earlier,and travel to riverrun,to join edmure. I'd fight in the battle of the camps,and at the whispering wood. I'd have my men distract some of robbs guards (The karstark kids,specifically,so lord karstark doesn't kill those prisoners.),and when jaime gets close enough to attack robb,me and two of the hedge knights I hired will attack jaime,before he's able to swing.

Robb will be pretty happy I saved his life,and so will cat.

I'll probably be put in command of more troops,and i'll head east,joining up with edmures forces shortly before the battle of the fords begins.

I'll join his reserve forces,where his best knights are,and help them when they are committed against gregor clegane in the stonemill. With the added numbers,perhaps gregor clegane will be captured,or cut down. If he's captured,fucking great,i can convince edmure to turn him over to the dornish.

After tywin turns back,i'll dispatch the vast majority of my men in a effort to slow tywin's advance to kings landing down,hopefully that will give stannis time.

Roose (or probably domeric,in this case) Will march to fight the iron throne at duskendale.

I'll join domeric and his men with my remaining forces,and with roose not undermining robb&gregor clegane having been captured/killed,it's quite likely we'll win the battle. Perhaps i'll even get heartsbane.

With tywin busy fighting stannis in kings landing,and all other sizable forces in the crownlands defeated,and with the duskendale troops not dead+loyal karstarks&boltons,walder might reconsider the red wedding,and if he attempts it the freys are absolutely fucked. Winterfell is retaken. (eiether by cassel since ramsay is dead,or by robb with his army)

And with ramsay's death,theon still has his jiggly bits,and all that horrible shit doesn't happen to jeyne.

Depending on how the blackwater goes with tywin's delayed arrival,the war might be over.

Let's assume stannis wins.

Robb probably bends the knee to stannis,and since margaery is almost certainly single now,i'll see if i can bed her.

Archived