Littlefinger's revenge?

King Ragnar

Hello all, I have a question for you that I haven't seen discussed elsewhere on this forum.

How on earth is it possible that Roose Bolton and Walder Frey are still alive and well? One would think Lord Baelish certainly seeks revenge after them murdering the love of his live (Read: Cat) 

Or am I missing something? I look forward to your responses.

1 minute ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

He knew that he had lost Cat and he had a new obsession so why bother? As long as he hadn't something to gain I don't believe that LF actually cared for anyone but himself.

Because if Cat had survived the RW, Lord Baelish being the Lord of Harrenhal could've claimed her as his wife I would think

4 minutes ago, Ser Bronn Blackfyre said:

Because if Cat had survived the RW, Lord Baelish being the Lord of Harrenhal could've claimed her as his wife I would think

Cat would had never married him he knew that. When on the other hand Lysa was always his pawn.

Just now, Ser Bronn Blackfyre said:

He wanted her willingly, not by forced marriage.  And to pursue that would turn the Lannisters (and the Vale, probably) against him, which really would have stifled his other ambitions.

3 hours ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

He knew that he had lost Cat and he had a new obsession so why bother? As long as he hadn't something to gain I don't believe that LF actually cared for anyone but himself.

This...and

Also, remember that it was LF's plan to start a war between the Starks and Lannisters.  He lied to her about the dagger, setting this into motion.  I'm not claiming that he meant for her to die, but had to know that it was a good possibility, just as Catelyn herself knew....

Catelyn took his hand. "Robb, I will not soften the truth for you. If you lose, there is no hope for any of us. They say there is naught but stone at the heart of Casterly Rock. Remember the fate of Rhaegar's children."--A Game of Thrones - Catelyn VIII

LF loved the Cat of his boyhood. The woman who married Ned Stark and born him five children was to lose everything she held dear through LF's action. I think that while LF may have loved Catelyn Tully, his feelings towards Catelyn Stark were hatred and vengefulness.

Just now, CJ McLannister said:

Only if it benefits him in some way.

Well, I would say Littlefinger would screw just about anyone over, if it benefited him in some way. I'm talking about an actual payback.

I guess it would depend on how much is left of the little boy that dueled with Brandon Stark. You know?

12 minutes ago, BricksAndSparrows said:

Well, I would say Littlefinger would screw just about anyone over, if it benefited him in some way. I'm talking about an actual payback.

I guess it would depend on how much is left of the little boy that dueled with Brandon Stark. You know?

That little boy probably felt betrayed by Catelyn.

I wonder about that story, though. Don't we get it from the relatively uncynical Catelyn's point of view? Is it possible that Littlefinger was always a little bitch, but Cat just never saw it?

16 minutes ago, Illyrio Mo'Parties said:

I wonder about that story, though. Don't we get it from the relatively uncynical Catelyn's point of view? Is it possible that Littlefinger was always a little bitch, but Cat just never saw it?

Define "little bitch."

He was definitely a wimp. But to take up a sword and take on Brandon Stark..

4 hours ago, Ygrain said:

LF loved the Cat of his boyhood. The woman who married Ned Stark and born him five children was to lose everything she held dear through LF's action. I think that while LF may have loved Catelyn Tully, his feelings towards Catelyn Stark were hatred and vengefulness.

Well said

Archived