‘Ocean’s 8’: the female-driven caper spinoff

AncalagonTheBlack

20 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Also, was that Cate being allowed to use her natural accent? :D 

I honestly have no idea. I'm totally hopeless when it comes to accents. But, IIRC, her father was Texan and her mother Australian, so her natural can be some weird combo of the two. Needless to say, she can speak in Klingon accent, as far as I am concerned :D

I think this trailer looks really good actually, could be a lot of fun. I'm not sure what the relation to the other movies is though, there was talk of family in that trailer, is she clooneys sister or something?

28 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Im a huge Rihanna fan, will be interested in seeing her and Awkwafina.

I mean, I like her music, but she is a flat out awful actress... like extremely terrible at it. 

*Love* that trailer, I'm a big fan of the ocean's movies ( Ocean's 12 is a hill I'm willing to die on). I'm hoping it isn't a rehash of the previous movies ( a bit concerned that they might try and replicate the relationships between the men in the previous films) , and would have preferred if Soderbergh was directing,but this still looks good. Edit - I guess what I'm trying to say is that I want this film to be different, and I don't really trust Ross to do that, but still going to catch this at the theater 

( Really don't understand why *anyone* would want Roberts in this movie. I don't think she added too much to the previous ones, tbh) 

4 minutes ago, Eggegg said:

I think this trailer looks really good actually, could be a lot of fun. I'm not sure what the relation to the other movies is though, there was talk of family in that trailer, is she clooneys sister or something?

I mean, I like her music, but she is a flat out awful actress... like extremely terrible at it. 

You should probably skip watching her act then, thats usually my approach for actors/actresses that I dont favor.

Just now, Raja said:

*Love* that trailer, I'm a big fan of the ocean's movies ( Oceans 12 is a hill I'm willing to die on). I'm hoping it isn't a rehash of the previous movies ( a bit concerned that they might try and replicate the relationships between the men in the previous films) , and would have preferred if Soderbergh was directing,but this still looks good. 

( Really don't understand why *anyone* would want Roberts in this movie. I don't think she added too much to the previous ones, tbh) 

I'd probably let you die on that hill! :D

So far it doesn't seem like a total rehash of the originals, and hopefully it won't just be 'Ocean's 11.. but with girls', because that doesn't do anybody any good. The plot however seems to be different and more interesting than I had hoped. 

1 minute ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

You should probably skip watching her act then, thats usually my approach for actors/actresses that I dont favor.

Do I just close my eyes and cover my ears when she comes onscreen in this movie then? Whats the protocol?

5 minutes ago, Eggegg said:

Do I just close my eyes and cover my ears when she comes onscreen in this movie then? Whats the protocol?

I usually dont go to the movie or click the channel when someones on I just dont want to watch. I have made exceptions before though, normally I cannot stand anything with Jim Carey or Robin Williams, but I was able to enjoy "Goodwill Hunting" nonetheless.

3 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

I usually dont go to the movie or click the channel when someones on I just dont want to watch. I have made exceptions before though, normally I cannot stand anything with Jim Carey or Robin Williams, but I was able to enjoy "Goodwill Hunting" nonetheless.

Yeah me too, but what about this movie where there are some fantastic actresses in it who I definitely will enjoy watching? Should I avoid it because Rihanna is a side character?

Just now, Eggegg said:

Yeah me too, but what about this movie where there are some fantastic actresses in it who I definitely will enjoy watching? Should I avoid it because Rihanna is a side character?

I think you should take that gamble, buy the tix and you may be surprized that it wasnt as dissapointing as you thought it would be. Remember Rihanna hasnt been in a ton of roles, her on screen abilities may yet be evolving. I mean Mary J Blige is nominated for awards this year in acting, I never wouldve forseen that either.

4 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

I think you should take that gamble, buy the tix and you may be surprized that it wasnt as dissapointing as you thought it would be. Remember Rihanna hasnt been in a ton of roles, her on screen abilities may yet be evolving. I mean Mary J Blige is nominated for awards this year in acting, I never wouldve forseen that either.

We'll see, she more than earned her razzie for worst actress in Battleship.

I see she was also in the Bates motel tv series, and look, she can't even take a shower and make it look good! There is never going to be a world where Rihanna becomes a good actress. That won't happen.

23 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I kinda loved this trailer. Bring on the MRAs :)

The probably feel Hollywood is trolling them at this point, which is something I approve of.

The trailer did look like a lot of fun, hopefully the film will live up to that. I really liked Ocean's 11, but felt 12 was self-indulgent nonsense. 13 was a bit of a return to form (and rewatching it recently it felt like Al Pacino's acting direction was basically 'try to be Donald Trump'), but still nowhere near the first film.

Archived