The shoebill bird is my new favorite thing.

Elder Sister

I cannot stop watching videos of it.  It is now my boyfriend's photo in my contacts list.

I love you, shoebill bird.  I don't care if you poop on yourself and kind of scare me.

27 minutes ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

It is the most metal of birds, and clearly amazing.

Elder Sis - may I introduce you to the Kakapo Parrot?  

Maybe an appropriate intervention?

That parrot is totally obnoxious.  Ugh.  

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1225223/Dont-forget-duck-Giant-Shoebill-picks-feathered-friend-blocks-path.html

20 hours ago, larrytheimp said:

I met a guy named William Scheu, he's a relative of my mom's boyfriend.   I guess he could ostensibly be listed somewhere as Scheu, Bill.  Next time I see him I'll chuck a catfish on the ground and see if he makes a sudden spring for it.

Offer him a selection of baby crocodile, lungfish, catfish...maybe some sort of aquatic rat.  I can't remember the name of those things nutria!!! in Louisiana that James Burke always writes about.

2 hours ago, Elder Sister said:

Offer him a selection of baby crocodile, lungfish, catfish...maybe some sort of aquatic rat.  I can't remember the name of those things nutria!!! in Louisiana that James Burke always writes about.

Hmm...  I am stocked in catfish and water rats but am sadly devoid of lungfish.  I will put them on my Christmas list because, frankly, I'm totally embarrassed.

That was some nasty baby bird pecking the other baby bird. I know it's survival of the fittest shoebill bird, but now I'm angry at that little sucker. They remind me of Skeksis from The Dark Crystal. Scary birds. 

Archived