Any gay female characters?

Emie

On 13/08/2016 at 4:50 PM, TheDemonicStark said:

Okay, I'll throw this out there: many Dornish characters.

As for the Dornish I only see Nymeria Sand as being a true lesbian although she might be bisexual. The same goes for Taena. Probably there are more characters that I am not remembering.  

• 1 year later...
On 8/13/2016 at 9:56 AM, TheSeer27 said:

Danaerys is known to let her hand maids please her from time to time...

But I think he makes it more established that a man is gay because it deals with his ability to procreate and further a family line. Obv a gay man can marry a woman but he won't be having any offspring with her.

I don't think that Danaerys really counts. From what I remember in that scene she was masturbating, thinking about Drogo and her handmaids just saw her and decided to help. 

On Saturday, August 13, 2016 at 2:56 AM, TheSeer27 said:

Danaerys is known to let her hand maids please her from time to time...

But I think he makes it more established that a man is gay because it deals with his ability to procreate and further a family line. Obv a gay man can marry a woman but he won't be having any offspring with her.

Renly was confident of producing an heir, plenty of gay people have kids in the real world

Well, Ellaria is said to be bisexual.

Gaemon Palehair's mother, Essie, can also be considered to be a lesbian or at least bisexual, as she had Sylvenna Sand as a paramour, but she also worked in a brothel.

Also:

On 14/8/2016 at 4:09 AM, YOVMO said:

In the books they were characters with plot and arc and background and meaning and relevance to the world and existential problems and generation issues and......they were also gay. In the show it was just like everything about them was about being gay. It wound up defining them.

I completely agree with this.

Archived