You Are Bowen Marsh. Choose Your Next Move.

Wolf's Bane

Confronting Jon won't work.  Jon already made up his mind.  I would execute Jon, like how it went down in the novels.  I would recruit as many of the other men as I could and prepare for the wildling reaction in the aftermath.  Send a letter of apology to Ramsay and smooth things over.

Let him go and send a bird to Ramsay explaining him how there are tjousands of wildlings and NW could not opose him. This reduces numbers of wildlings and puts Watch in better position if wildlings from north attack.

If Jon loses.... abandon other castles exept Eastwatch, dig pits around CB and pray Jon killed many men. Eventually I would burn stairs like Noye did and if need be go to Eastwatch and sail to land beyond Sunset sea where every man can be king.

Let Jon leave with his wildlings.  Pretend you accept Jon's decisions.  Send a raven to Ramsay as soon as Jon and the wildlings are out the gate.  Condemn Jon's actions and assure Ramsay that all that happened was Jon's actions and not that of the Night Watch.  Give Ramsay warning that he's about to be attacked by Jon and the wildlings.

21 hours ago, The Transporter said:

Confronting Jon won't work.  Jon already made up his mind.  I would execute Jon, like how it went down in the novels.  I would recruit as many of the other men as I could and prepare for the wildling reaction in the aftermath.  Send a letter of apology to Ramsay and smooth things over.

And as soon as you assassinate Jon, you don't have the authority to execute anyone, you get attacked and you die. Knowing the Wildlings are going to attack doesn't help you, they still out number you. And apologizing to Ramsay doesn't help you either. He's a psycho who threatened the entire Watch and doesn't know YOU from Adam, writing him only draws attention to you.  Now when he comes to deal with the remaining Wildlings, he'll be looking for YOU. And with Ramsay that's probably not a good thing. Killing Jon and simply hoping for the best isn't a good plan. This isn't an attack on YOU, just an opinion that Bowen Marsh is doomed. Once you kill Jon, nothing you do or say is going to save you. Remember, there are still brothers at Castle Black extremely loyal to Jon. You kill him, they kill you, absolutely.

22 hours ago, The Transporter said:

I could execute Jon like this and then send his head to Winterfell to let Ramsay know that the Watch took care of its mad lord commander Snow.

1 hour ago, Rosetta Stone said:

Let Jon leave with his wildlings.  Pretend you accept Jon's decisions.  Send a raven to Ramsay as soon as Jon and the wildlings are out the gate.  Condemn Jon's actions and assure Ramsay that all that happened was Jon's actions and not that of the Night Watch.  Give Ramsay warning that he's about to be attacked by Jon and the wildlings.

This might be the better option.  Warn the Boltons that a war party is coming their way.  Condemn Jon's actions and announce to the Boltons that the NW had nothing to do with sending Mance Rayder.

1 hour ago, The Broke Howard Hughes said:

And as soon as you assassinate Jon, you don't have the authority to execute anyone, you get attacked and you die. Knowing the Wildlings are going to attack doesn't help you, they still out number you. And apologizing to Ramsay doesn't help you either. He's a psycho who threatened the entire Watch and doesn't know YOU from Adam, writing him only draws attention to you.  Now when he comes to deal with the remaining Wildlings, he'll be looking for YOU. And with Ramsay that's probably not a good thing. Killing Jon and simply hoping for the best isn't a good plan. This isn't an attack on YOU, just an opinion that Bowen Marsh is doomed. Once you kill Jon, nothing you do or say is going to save you. Remember, there are still brothers at Castle Black extremely loyal to Jon. You kill him, they kill you, absolutely.

Agree with this.  Bowen's actions were foolish and shortsighted.  Killing Jon only satisfies a small portion of Ramsay's demands in the pink letter.  If Bowen et al can put down any resistance from Jon's men, are they then to hand over innocent people to the Boltons?  Innocent people that came to your aid in your greatest hour of need.  Will Marsh then claim neutrality as he picks a side, the main reason for killing Jon in the first place.

2 hours ago, The Broke Howard Hughes said:

This is the correct answer.

3 hours ago, The Broke Howard Hughes said:

Perfect.

I really don't know what Bowen was thinking when he did that.

On August 12, 2016 at 10:33 PM, Artos Cold said:

I'd go to Dorne and enjoy life while i could. 

This is the correct answer. Other acceptable answers are the same thing but in the free cities 

5 hours ago, Targaryen Restoration said:

I could execute Jon like this and then send his head to Winterfell to let Ramsay know that the Watch took care of its mad lord commander Snow.

Yes.  Bowen cannot allow Jon and the wildlings to attack the Boltons.  All this is Jon's doing for starting a fight with the Boltons in the first place just to save Arya.  Best to execute Jon so he doesn't continue to fuck up.

9 hours ago, The Broke Howard Hughes said:

Αgree, let Jon do what he is going to do and then change your clothes and leave NW maybe for Dorne as Artos Cold said or Essos as YOVMO said.

Bowen Marsh is loyal to the Night's Watch, if short sightedly. The options of running away from that are useless.

Killing Jon is stupid. you will then have thousands of wildlings around you with no reason to trust you.

I play the longer game. Try and recruit as many of the Watch as I can for a shadow resistance, loyal to me rather than Jon. Send trusted men to Pyke and Mallister, and advise them of my actions, and recruit them for myself. Let Jon go south, and take control of the night's watch to man the wall. If Jon is successful, I can remove him later, preferably with poison, something that looks natural. Take command of the Night's Watch, and hold the Wall during winter. There's no way I can unseat the wildlings, but once summer comes, I let them go back north and seal the gates

On 13.8.2016 at 3:29 AM, Steelshanks Walton said:

You are Bowen Marsh.  Jon just delivered his announcement at the Shield Hall.  What is your best course of action and why?  How would you feel after hearing the announcement? 

I'l get my friends togheter and desert the watch togheter. f**k the wall, the others if Jon can leave i'l leave too besides no one in the south or Essos would probably recognise me.

I ask Jon how long he plans to be gone and pledge to hold the Wall in his absence, protect the royal party and strengthen the alliance with the wildlings to save the Wall and protect the realms of men.

I don't actually plan to do any of this but then I realise my reasons for wanting to destroy all that are pretty lame and that I don't have the vision or the ability to command so I knuckle down, stop bitchin' and get on with it.

On 8/12/2016 at 7:29 PM, Steelshanks Walton said:

You are Bowen Marsh.  Jon just delivered his announcement at the Shield Hall.  What is your best course of action and why?  How would you feel after hearing the announcement? 

As Bowen, I would have all sorts of thoughts and feelings about what Jon said, but for some reason, a voice would tell me that I had to kill him, and I would find that there are other men in the watch that cannot do anything but stab jon, so I would, but it would make me sad that there was some bearded chubby guy named geroge that was somehow controlling my mind an actions, so I would cry while stabbing him 

I would let him go and alert Ramsay. Or kill him in a more discrete manner. Convince the NW that he is a traitor and try to take control of the NW. That way I have the authority in the case he returns and legally execute him. And I would have enough power to survive if the Starks are back in power because they can't attack a lord commander. Even if the Boltons rule I wouldn't have a problem. 

Archived