You Are Bowen Marsh. Choose Your Next Move.

Wolf's Bane

I would sit down with Jon and explain his actions put the Night's Watch in terrible danger, but that I accept his decision. I offer this plan to him: Jon and the wildlings leave and not a single NW man goes with him. This helps demonstrate that Jon is simply rogue, and this is not an action of the NW. I insist the Royal party leave for Eastwatch immediately, where they will take passage to Braavos. This is for their own safety, as well as the safety of the NW. Once Jon leaves, I wait until nightfall and send Ramsey a raven informing him that Jon is headed south with a wildling army. I denounce him as a traitor and claim that his actions are not of the NW, but of the new King of the Wildlings. I inform him that the Royal Party has already fled and that the few men loyal to Jon at the NW have already been dealt with. I also tell him that, regretfully, Arya Stark never made it to the Wall and nor did this Reek. All of this is done with Jon's quiet permission. This way, if Jon wins, all well and good and he won't have to execute me. If not, Ramsey is less likely to come all the way to the Wall and wreak revenge. Not guaranteed, but less likely. Definitely better than a civil war at the Wall.

On August 18, 2016 at 1:26 AM, khal drogon said:

The only thing that makes Bowen look bad is Ramsay being this mad, psychotic, completely unsympathetic villain. If Ramsay was not a psycho then probably it would have lead to a more interesting conflict. Now George made this completely unrealistic mad villain who might kill people for no reason to make Jon more sympathetic. 

How do you come up with the bolded? 

Ramsey was a unsympathetic villian before having anything to do with Jon, so how did GRRM create a character just to make Jon sympathetic? 

If Ramsey was made to make anybody sympathetic it's Theon, not Jon. 

4 hours ago, The Wolves said:

How do you come up with the bolded? 

Ramsey was a unsympathetic villian before having anything to do with Jon, so how did GRRM create a character just to make Jon sympathetic? 

If Ramsey was made to make anybody sympathetic it's Theon, not Jon. 

Yes but the unrealistic part was he would be mad enough to attack the wall from the south something none had ever attempted and slaughter them all for apparently no reason except he loves to kill. Anyway I find Ramsay to be a lousy character and he was made a complete monster so others look sympathetic including Theon. 

Imagine a sane lord asking for the same people Jon has where there is no risk of flaying or torture. In that case Bowen looks more sympathetic.

Archived