Cron

Is There Anything On The Show That You Think Is Better Than The Books?

1,189 posts in this topic

Plenty of things I like better on the show, pre-season 7. This season, not much. That characters are where they need to be for endgame is an improvement over the books. Also, I still enjoy the show Cersei more than the novel Cersei. Jaime, too. GRRM made it easy for him to break with Cersei by turning Cersei into a Very Stupid Villain. The show's made it more difficult for him to make a clean break, as Cersei is still recognizably human. It's difficult to see the novel Cersei reasoning and pulling off the plot that the show Cersei managed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jcmontea said:

My favorite thing is we are getting an ending. 

I love the books and I am someone that thinks the book is always better than the show because of inner monologues and the ability to go in much greater detail and depth on things. 

Having said that, when i read the Feast/ Dance so many times I just thought to myself I really don't care about this POV. I just wanted to read about the POVs from the first three books. So I appreciate the show by and large keeping the focus on the core characters. My favorite POVs from Feast/ Dance were all from the characters we followed from AGOT, ACOK and ASOS - Dany, Jon, Sam, Tyrion, Cersei, Jaime, Davos, Sansa, Arya, Bran, Theon. 

 

Good one. I didn't think about that but I mostly like that too. Sometimes I wish we got more of this character or that character but usually (minus the sand snakes lol) I enjoy the "POV's" from the show. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/15/2017 at 7:16 PM, Meera of Tarth said:

OldTown, yes, the city like it is described in the books....

When Girona was announced two years ago to film Thrones, I thought they'd use use for OldTown scenes, it was rumoured that Sam would be there (but then there was only one indoor scene). This would have been great...

And then I wondered...maybe this year, and we discovered that Jon Bradley was in Caceres (unfortunately the OldTown scene was the one when he is leaving the city so I was disappointed again!). I loved that scene, but it happened so quickly, too quickly, OldTown would have been a great place to see an enigmatic plot like the one from Sam's POVS and the FM.

Hmmm, interesting.  Sounds like you're really into Oldtown and the Faceless Men plots.

I admit I don't recall that too sharply from the books.  I'm probably due for a re-read (it's now been over 6 years since I last read them)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2017 at 4:44 PM, jcmontea said:

My favorite thing is we are getting an ending. 

I love the books and I am someone that thinks the book is always better than the show because of inner monologues and the ability to go in much greater detail and depth on things. 

Having said that, when i read the Feast/ Dance so many times I just thought to myself I really don't care about this POV. I just wanted to read about the POVs from the first three books. So I appreciate the show by and large keeping the focus on the core characters. My favorite POVs from Feast/ Dance were all from the characters we followed from AGOT, ACOK and ASOS - Dany, Jon, Sam, Tyrion, Cersei, Jaime, Davos, Sansa, Arya, Bran, Theon. 

 

How many times have you read the books?

The reason I ask is that I felt just like you describe (in your final paragraph) the FIRST time I read the books (anxious to get tot he POV chapters of characters that I already knew so well, to find out what happens to them), but the SECOND time I read the books I savored and enjoyed the new characters and secondary characters a lot more (I think it was b/c I already knew what happened to the major characters, so I was a lot more patient and relaxed)

The second time I read the books, I was a lot more leisurely about it (instead of racing to turn pages to find out what happens next, cuz I already knew), and b/c of that I enjoyed the fine details and secondary characters a lot more.

So, if you've only read them once, who knows, maybe if you read them again you may be pleasantly surprised.  There are quite a few characters in AFFC and ADWD that I REALLY wish had been included in the show (definitely a bunch of the people in Dorne, who I really wanted to see, plus Griff and Young Griff and that crew, plus even Quentyn Martell and his group, and I'm sure I'm forgetting some others)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2017 at 9:26 PM, kimim said:

Plenty of things I like better on the show, pre-season 7. This season, not much. That characters are where they need to be for endgame is an improvement over the books. Also, I still enjoy the show Cersei more than the novel Cersei. Jaime, too. GRRM made it easy for him to break with Cersei by turning Cersei into a Very Stupid Villain. The show's made it more difficult for him to make a clean break, as Cersei is still recognizably human. It's difficult to see the novel Cersei reasoning and pulling off the plot that the show Cersei managed.

Hmmm, I found all of that VERY interesting, particularly b/c it provided an alternate viewpoint on something I think a lot of people don't like, which is that in the show Jaime seemed to be having real trouble breaking away from Cersei.

In fact, in the show, in the end I'd say she almost kicked HIM out, or maybe, at most, it was kind of mutual.

What are your thoughts on the idea that Jaime is not the father of Cersei's baby, but rather, that the father is Broon, or Euron, or someone else?  I'm wondering about this partly b/c you like show-Cersei and show-Jaime better than their book counterparts, so I'm wondering if maybe you don't like how they've split at all, and maybe don't like the fact that Jaime is VERY likely the Valonqar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/15/2017 at 11:22 PM, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

Great post Cron! 

I didn't read all the replies so I'm sure I'm repeating what others have said but some of the things I like better in the show: 

My absolute favorite thing from the show that was different in the books is giving Arya & The Hound more time together. They played so well off of each other I was never dissapointed. 

(Hey, sorry I didn't Reply sooner, but I just saw this post from you, and I think I either didn't get a notification before or maybe accidentally turned it off without realizing there was something else in there, which happens from time to time.)

And yes, I loved all the  "Arya & Sandor" scene.  I could read a whole book about their adventures travelling together, or watch a whole spin-off, and I'm really looking forward to their reunion in Season 8.

I wish Sandor hadn't stolen from that farmer and his kid or kids, though.  Oddly enough, it MIGHT have been the worst thing we've ever seen Sandor do, and I was pretty surprised when he did it.  The only other thing that really comes to mind is when he killed Mycah the Butcher's Boy, but even then he THOUGHT that Mycah had attacked Joffrey, and he had been ordered to do what he did (I'm not saying it was Sandor's finest moment, by any means, but in a strange sort of way his act of stealing was kind of worse, cuz he KNEW he was definitely doing wrong and likely taking away what little hope the farmer and his family had to survive)

But I loved the change where Sandor fought Brienne and received injuries which led to Sandor and Arya splitting up.  I personally prefer that version to the way things happened in the book and it was a GREAT fight..
 

 

On 9/15/2017 at 11:22 PM, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

Also loved Arya & Tywin together. Maisie is quite a talented actress & put with great actors she shines. 

Yes, I agree here, too.  Great great stuff.

And I'm a big fan of Arya and Maisie Williams, too.  In fact, if i was in charge of making the first spin-off, it would have favored Arya HEAVILY, in addition some other young characters (most notably Gendry, who I think and hope Arya will end up with, plus Lyanna Mormont and Pod Payne)

I know we've already been told the first spin-off will not be a sequel, but that's what I would have done, and if they NEVER get around to making a sequel I think they will have missed a great opportunity to move forward with these characters.  (I would have focused on these young characters, but with occasional cameos by older characters who survive the current series.  This would also save the show a lot of money, cuz the older actors are far more expensive, from what I've heard, most notably Jon, Dany, Tyrion, Cersei and Jaime, all of whom get the same per episode and it's big bucks)  

On 9/15/2017 at 11:22 PM, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

I liked that they didn't show ever dang detail of Bran's journey to the 3ER. I know they couldn't if they wanted to but I was thankful for that because even in the book it seemed to take forever!

Been a while (about 6 years) since I've read the books, so I think some of this has faded from my memory.  I'm thinking about a re-read project soon, though.  Who knows, maybe I'll really get around to it.  I don't recall Bran dragging so much as Dany, though.  My goodness, when she was in Meereen it just seemed like her story was stuck in the mud with its wheels spinning.

On 9/15/2017 at 11:22 PM, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

I like that they aged the characters up. 

 

 

Yes, I think this is by far the No. 1 cited thing that people like more in the show.  In fact, as I recall, even GRRM says if he had to write the books over he would age the characters up himself, so I guess this one has got the GRRM stamp of approval on it, too.

Thanks for contributing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How Oberyn told Tyrion the story of when they first met. The "I will be your champion" version is much more powerful than "You've grown more amusing since last we met."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Cron said:

How many times have you read the books?

The reason I ask is that I felt just like you describe (in your final paragraph) the FIRST time I read the books (anxious to get tot he POV chapters of characters that I already knew so well, to find out what happens to them), but the SECOND time I read the books I savored and enjoyed the new characters and secondary characters a lot more (I think it was b/c I already knew what happened to the major characters, so I was a lot more patient and relaxed)

The second time I read the books, I was a lot more leisurely about it (instead of racing to turn pages to find out what happens next, cuz I already knew), and b/c of that I enjoyed the fine details and secondary characters a lot more.

So, if you've only read them once, who knows, maybe if you read them again you may be pleasantly surprised.  There are quite a few characters in AFFC and ADWD that I REALLY wish had been included in the show (definitely a bunch of the people in Dorne, who I really wanted to see, plus Griff and Young Griff and that crew, plus even Quentyn Martell and his group, and I'm sure I'm forgetting some others)

I definitely enjoyed my 2nd read of AFFC and ADWD more than the first, but I still could NEVER get into the Dorne and Aeron chapters- just really boring and pointless to me.  Plus, on 2nd read, knowing how ADWD ended so prematurely (it seemed the whole book was leading up to the Battle of Winterfell), it frustrated me even more trying to get through the boring Dorne and Iron Isles chapters that did seem, and still do seem, entirely unnecessary.  

I can agree on the Young Griff stuff being better on the 2nd read as well as Jaime and Brienne's chapters in the Riverlands, but never the Dorne and Ironborn stuff :D.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Tagganaro said:

I definitely enjoyed my 2nd read of AFFC and ADWD more than the first, but I still could NEVER get into the Dorne and Aeron chapters- just really boring and pointless to me.  Plus, on 2nd read, knowing how ADWD ended so prematurely (it seemed the whole book was leading up to the Battle of Winterfell), it frustrated me even more trying to get through the boring Dorne and Iron Isles chapters that did seem, and still do seem, entirely unnecessary.  

I can agree on the Young Griff stuff being better on the 2nd read as well as Jaime and Brienne's chapters in the Riverlands, but never the Dorne and Ironborn stuff :D.  

The Ironborn stuff was a bit dry to me, but I really liked the book-Dorne stuff (during my 2nd read.  In my first read, like I said, it was okay, but I was REALLY anxious to must get on to the other characters from Books 1-3).

I thought Arianne Martell and her friends were really cool, though, and I was VERY disappointed that they were left out of the show.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Cron said:

What are your thoughts on the idea that Jaime is not the father of Cersei's baby, but rather, that the father is Broon, or Euron, or someone else?  I'm wondering about this partly b/c you like show-Cersei and show-Jaime better than their book counterparts, so I'm wondering if maybe you don't like how they've split at all, and maybe don't like the fact that Jaime is VERY likely the Valonqar.

Took me eleven hours to respond, sorry.

I have nothing against Jaime as the father of Cersei's baby...if Cersei is pregnant at all. He says he doesn't believe her at the end, and possibly he's talking about that baby. I don't know.

I have nothing against Jaime as valonqar, especially on the show. It was very difficult for Jaime to separate from Cersei, as you say. His having to kill this person he once loved, might still love, would be moving, a tragic decision for him. Novel Cersei, on the other hand, is a cartoon villain, and Jaime's break with her was relatively easy. His acting as valonqar in the novels can't carry that kind of emotional weight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cron said:

Hmmm, interesting.  Sounds like you're really into Oldtown and the Faceless Men plots.

I admit I don't recall that too sharply from the books.  I'm probably due for a re-read (it's now been over 6 years since I last read them)

Sam is one of my fav characters and I love OldTown and the Citadrl! The plot should have lasted more there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, kimim said:

Took me eleven hours to respond, sorry.

I have nothing against Jaime as the father of Cersei's baby...if Cersei is pregnant at all. He says he doesn't believe her at the end, and possibly he's talking about that baby. I don't know.

I have nothing against Jaime as valonqar, especially on the show. It was very difficult for Jaime to separate from Cersei, as you say. His having to kill this person he once loved, might still love, would be moving, a tragic decision for him. Novel Cersei, on the other hand, is a cartoon villain, and Jaime's break with her was relatively easy. His acting as valonqar in the novels can't carry that kind of emotional weight.

Hmm, very interesting, especially that possible interpretation of Jaime's last comment to Cersei (that he might have been saying he doesn't believe she's pregnant)

And that speculation could be right, but what motivation would Cersei have had to tell a lie like that?  To get Jaime to do what she wants him to do? Maybe, but he already was doing that, and now she has insulted him, and they have split up.

But let's say, for discussion, that she really is pregnant and Jaime is NOT the father.  Who do you think is the most likely candidate?  Euron, Bronn, or someone else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Sam is one of my fav characters and I love OldTown and the Citadrl! The plot should have lasted more there

I think I'm gonna have to brush up on that.  Maybe read some chapter summaries.  Should be easy, just read Sam chapter summaries from those two books, I suppose.

And yeah, Sam's pretty cool.  I think it's natural for readers like us to relate to him.  Same with Rodrik the Reader (Theon and Asha's uncle on their mother's side.  I was disappointed when that guy was left out of the show, I wanted to see him.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Cron said:

Hmm, very interesting, especially that possible interpretation of Jaime's last comment to Cersei (that he might have been saying he doesn't believe she's pregnant)

And that speculation could be right, but what motivation would Cersei have had to tell a lie like that?  To get Jaime to do what she wants him to do? Maybe, but he already was doing that, and now she has insulted him, and they have split up.

But let's say, for discussion, that she really is pregnant and Jaime is NOT the father.  Who do you think is the most likely candidate?  Euron, Bronn, or someone else?

Cersei is none too sane at the moment, so she might believe that she's pregnant, whether she is or not. I'm leaning toward not pregnant, because the prophecy, in the novels at least, is that she will have three children, and lose them all:
 

Quote

 

"Will the king and I have children?" she asked. "Oh, aye. Six-and-ten for him, and three for you."

...

"Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds," she said. "And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you."

 

 

If she's pregnant, I'll go with Jaime as father, as I can't see any purpose to having Bronn or Euron as father. Also, has Cersei been having sex with anyone but Jaime lately? She's been very busy and very depressed. She might have seduced Euron in the name of gaining an ally, but what would she be doing with Bronn?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kimim said:

Cersei is none too sane at the moment, so she might believe that she's pregnant, whether she is or not. I'm leaning toward not pregnant, because the prophecy, in the novels at least, is that she will have three children, and lose them all:
 

Oh, another interesting thought from you.  The possibility that Cersei THINKS she's pregnant, but really isn't.

And yes, I hear you about the prophecy in the books, but the show has already cast that aside, I believe.   In Season One, Cersei told Cat about her first child, with black hair, who died, and Robert was the father.  That means show-Cersei has already had FOUR children, born alive.  Some people think maybe Cersei was lying to Cat, but I don't think so.  That would be quite an extreme story for Cersei to make up for some reason I can barely even imagine (such as gaining Cat's trust?  Or sympathy?? For what??), and it would have been an incredibly foolish risk for Cersei to take (since she could have easily been exposed as a liar, if Cat had mentioned it to Ned, and Ned had mentioned it to Robert, and Robert had said "Whoa, wait, WHAT?!?!?"

Also, it's possible that even if Cersei is pregnant, the child will not be born alive, and thus in the minds of many people that will not count as a child of Cersei.

2 hours ago, kimim said:

 

If she's pregnant, I'll go with Jaime as father, as I can't see any purpose to having Bronn or Euron as father. Also, has Cersei been having sex with anyone but Jaime lately? She's been very busy and very depressed. She might have seduced Euron in the name of gaining an ally, but what would she be doing with Bronn?

We don't know for sure whether Cersei has been having sex with anyone but Jaime.  We only see a TINY slice of each character's life on the show.  For example, in Season 7, WEEKS and WEEKS go by (maybe months), and how much screen time does each character have?  Maybe an hour?  How much screen time did Cersei have in Season 7?  Maybe an hour, or an hour and a half, maybe less?  Cersie has had plenty of time to be up to all sorts of things we don't know about.

Why would Jaime NOT be the father?  Answer"  To give him motivation to become enraged and cross Cersei off (as the Valonqar) in a crime of passion.  (But no, I did not just say Jaime would be justified in doing so.  I am merely theorizing that that is how the plot will go.)

Finally, why would she be having sex with Bronn:  Answer: I have an entire thread about this, in this very sub-forum, called, I believe "What If The Father of Cersei's Baby is...BRONN?!!??"  In that thread, I discuss the issue (and what I believe is supporting evidence), but for our short purposes here, I will just summarize Cersei's motives as some combination of (a) Cersei likes to have sex, and (b) Cersei is using Bronn for various things (like the Kettleblacks in the books, whom she also gives sex in exchange for favors), not least of which, in the case of Bronn, SPYING on BOTH Jaime and Tyrion.  (You might want to check out my thread, there's more to the theory, too).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Cron said:

Why would Jaime NOT be the father?  Answer"  To give him motivation to become enraged and cross Cersei off (as the Valonqar) in a crime of passion.  (But no, I did not just say Jaime would be justified in doing so.  I am merely theorizing that that is how the plot will go.)

Finally, why would she be having sex with Bronn:  Answer: I have an entire thread about this, in this very sub-forum, called, I believe "What If The Father of Cersei's Baby is...BRONN?!!??"  In that thread, I discuss the issue (and what I believe is supporting evidence), but for our short purposes here, I will just summarize Cersei's motives as some combination of (a) Cersei likes to have sex, and (b) Cersei is using Bronn for various things (like the Kettleblacks in the books, whom she also gives sex in exchange for favors), not least of which, in the case of Bronn, SPYING on BOTH Jaime and Tyrion.  (You might want to check out my thread, there's more to the theory, too).

All of this is possible.

My subjective reason for Jaime as the father (and ty for reminding me that the show defanged the prophecy) is that jealousy as the motivation behind Cersei's murder is, for me, less interesting than the alternative, where Jaime is forced into killing someone he still loves, suspects is pregnant with his kid, because he must save humanity, or at least the population of KL. That would be a repeat of what he did with the Mad King, and it could even function as a type of Azor Ahai-Nissa Nissa sacrifice.

Bronn: it's true that he functions as a Kettleblack in the show. However, he is very smart and has strong survival instincts, would realize that bedding Cersei would be unlikely to lead to a long and happy life. He wants to succeed in life, and again he'd know that Cersei is weak, isolated, insane, and that sleeping with her is not the path to success. Also, he's Jaime's friend for real, I think. Fucking Jaime's lover on the sly would be...idk. It would be unlike him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, kimim said:

All of this is possible.

My subjective reason for Jaime as the father (and ty for reminding me that the show defanged the prophecy) is that jealousy as the motivation behind Cersei's murder is, for me, less interesting than the alternative, where Jaime is forced into killing someone he still loves, suspects is pregnant with his kid, because he must save humanity, or at least the population of KL. That would be a repeat of what he did with the Mad King, and it could even function as a type of Azor Ahai-Nissa Nissa sacrifice.

I agree that the scenario you describe would make for dramatic storytelling, too.

5 hours ago, kimim said:

Bronn: it's true that he functions as a Kettleblack in the show. However, he is very smart and has strong survival instincts, would realize that bedding Cersei would be unlikely to lead to a long and happy life. He wants to succeed in life, and again he'd know that Cersei is weak, isolated, insane, and that sleeping with her is not the path to success. Also, he's Jaime's friend for real, I think. Fucking Jaime's lover on the sly would be...idk. It would be unlike him.

Regarding whether Bronn thinks having sex with Cersei would lead to a long and happy life:  Let me tell you, MANY men simply do not think that way.  Your posts say you are female.  Well, I'm a man, so I can tell you from a man's perspective that for many men, having sex with a smoking hot woman (like Cersei) is its own reward, and MANY men not only could not care less whether it leads to a long and happy life, but ALSO would risk a great deal to make it happen.   In my opinion, most men and most women simply do not view sex the same way.  I could expound at length about this, but a lot of it (not all, though) has to do with testosterone.  Men have a lot of it, and it drives them sexually in ways that, in my humble opinion, most women (I said "most," not all) simply cannot understand.  In my opinion, most men do not enter a sexual relatinoship asking themselves "Will this lead to a long and happy life?"  Oh no, it's more along the lines of "She's HOT, let's go!"

Next, I'm not sure Bronn cares whether Cersei is weak, isolated, OR even insane.  See above.  "She HOT, let's go!" is, I think more along the lines of how a guy like Bronn thinks about such things.

Finally, regarding whether Bronn would have sex with Cersei despite being good friends with Jaime:  Look, don't get me wrong.  I'm not saying I would do something like that, and certainly I never HAVE done something like that, but does it happen? Oh, yeah, it happens.  Believe it.  I've heard PLENTY of stories about guys having sex with their best friend's wife or girlfriend, and I've heard PLENTY of stories about women having sex with their best friend's boyfriend or husband.  This stuff HAPPENS, no doubt.  And Bronn is not exactly a paragon of virtue, let's face it.  He has made it crystal clear he can be had for the highest bidder, and if sex with Cersei is a "higher bid" than hanging out and being friends with Jaime, I don't think Bronn would hesitate for 2 seconds before having sex with Cersei (any time, any place).

Also, you might be interested in another recent thread I started, which sets forth a theory for WHY Bronn may not only NOT be deterred from having sex with Cersei b/c of his friendships with Jaime and Tyrion, but actually might be MOTIVATED by those friendships.  Under this theory, Bronn is betraying Jaime and Tyrion (by having sex with Cersei) as a form of revenge against them, because (under this theory) Bronn actually hates ALL of the Lannisters, b/c (under this theory) he is the last surviving member of House Reyne (mostly wiped out by Tywin Lannister, as recounted in the song "Rains of Castamere.")

But hey, don't get me wrong.  I'm not saying these things are proven, just theories, and things I like to think about and talk about, so thanks for being part of that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/20/2017 at 6:22 AM, Cron said:

And yes, I hear you about the prophecy in the books, but the show has already cast that aside, I believe.   In Season One, Cersei told Cat about her first child, with black hair, who died, and Robert was the father.  That means show-Cersei has already had FOUR children, born alive.  Some people think maybe Cersei was lying to Cat, but I don't think so.

The show didn't cast the prophecy aside, they just rendered everything about it illogical. Cersei wasn't lying because in the same season Robert also mentioned their first child, so it is confirmed that in the show's universe Cersei actually had four children. But by season five they obviously forgot about it and opened the season with the prophecy about three kids.

And by the way, Cerseri in the show can't have an affair with Bronn because the actors hate each other (they were dating or something) and Lena Heady forced D&D to put it in her contract that she can't have any scenes with Jerome Flynn. That's why Bronn left the negotiations scene in the finale before Cersei came to the pit.

So there you have it: GOT Is a show where authors have no idea how many kids Cersei has in their story, and where things are shaped by actors' whims. Whoever thinks that anything from such a show is better than the books, must think very low of the books actually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The scythe that the Nights Watch used to repel the Wildlings climbing the Wall.  Loved that addition.  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 9/20/2017 at 4:44 PM, Cron said:

Regarding whether Bronn thinks having sex with Cersei would lead to a long and happy life:  Let me tell you, MANY men simply do not think that way.  Your posts say you are female.  Well, I'm a man, so I can tell you from a man's perspective that for many men, having sex with a smoking hot woman (like Cersei) is its own reward, and MANY men not only could not care less whether it leads to a long and happy life, but ALSO would risk a great deal to make it happen.

I'm female, and you have a higher opinion of my gender than I do. What you're describing doesn't fit my experience; I've seen more women fuck up relationships and workplaces because they were thinking with their genitalia than men, sadly. I think we underestimate men and overestimate women when it comes to sexuality. Also don't forget that Cersei isn't just a smoking hot woman. She is a very scary, smoking hot woman, the human equivalent of a very attractive but rabid lion, foaming at the mouth.

On 9/19/2017 at 11:22 PM, Cron said:

(a) Cersei likes to have sex, and (b) Cersei is using Bronn for various things (like the Kettleblacks in the books, whom she also gives sex in exchange for favors), not least of which, in the case of Bronn, SPYING on BOTH Jaime and Tyrion.  (You might want to check out my thread, there's more to the theory, too).

(a) and (b) are more the novel Cersei than the show Cersei. The novel Cersei's deal with the Kettleblacks was pathetic, and left her vulnerable to the Faith. The show Cersei is nowhere as stupid as the novel Cersei. I can see her having sex with Euron, as she needs him as an ally, but going for Bronn when she doesn't need to, when doing so can endanger her? She's too calculating. As for (c) having sex with her would not make it easier for Bronn to spy on anyone; if anything, it would make it harder as it makes him more vulnerable. Cersei of the novels gives away secrets to her bedmates. Cersei of the show is almost Tywin with tits, protected by a zombie. Good luck getting anything out of her.

On 9/20/2017 at 4:44 PM, Cron said:

And Bronn is not exactly a paragon of virtue, let's face it.  He has made it crystal clear he can be had for the highest bidder, and if sex with Cersei is a "higher bid" than hanging out and being friends with Jaime, I don't think Bronn would hesitate for 2 seconds before having sex with Cersei (any time, any place).

Agree. I don't think Cersei is the "higher bid" for him, however. And then, Bronn is still around. We'll see what he does next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now