US Elections - There is 'Ahead in the Polls' behind you

all swedes are racist

32 minutes ago, NestorMakhnosLovechild said:

This is a dirty, unfair and scurrilous attack on Trump. I have it on good authority that Donald Trump has never had any significant medical problems, that is laboratory test results are "astonishingly excellent" and that if he's excellent president, he will unequivocally be the "healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency." So please stop spreading this dirty misinformation. 

Ha. How much would yopu pay to see him face Obama and Dubya in a decathlon? 

Also, how can a person be an excellent president before they're elected? :P

So now Trump apparently doesn't have an immigration policy after all. That was literally the one thing he's been firm on for the last year, and now he's asking the prescreened mouth breathers at a Hannity town hall event to tell him what they want for an immigration policy:

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/trump-hannity-immigration-polls-audience

And Ann Coulter, who is just launching her book about how totally awesome Trump is, where she says Trump can do anything and change his position on anything and it won't matter, has not taken it well:

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/coulter-goes-to-war-with-trump-and-it-is-glorious

11 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

So now Trump apparently doesn't have an immigration policy after all. That was literally the one thing he's been firm on for the last year, and now he's asking the prescreened mouth breathers at a Hannity town hall event to tell him what they want for an immigration policy:

And Ann Coulter, who is just launching her book about how totally awesome Trump is, where she says Trump can do anything and change his position on anything and it won't matter, has not taken it well:

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/coulter-goes-to-war-with-trump-and-it-is-glorious

I'm curious as to how exactly one translates the subtitle of Coulter's new book: "E Pluribus Awesome" ... 

Out of many, awesome? Awesome out of many? Awesome from many? 

Questions, questions... 

22 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

but i hear Donald Trump supports NAMBLA. People are saying this. That's what I hear. Yuge if true, yuuuge. Sad.

I've got to admit, I think the "I'm hearing" attack would be funny as hell if it wasn't being used in a presidential campaign. For example:

I'm hearing many people say that @Pony Queen Jace wants to be The Bird. I'm hearing it everywhere. Personally, I would never say that Jacelyn wants to be The Bird, although there could be some truth to it. But you would never ever hear me say publicly that Jacelyn wants to be The Bird. 

So its not definitive yet (and it wouldn't affect the election in any case), but it looks like there's a good chance Trump won't be on the ballot in Minnesota in November.

Apparently, the Minnesota GOP failed to elect their alternate electors, which the state SOS requires when submitting for ballot access, so as of last night Trump was not on the ballot. Because the deadline is in just a few days, the party executive committee appointed alternate electors last night. But they don't actually have the authority to do that, and there's not enough time for the party to call a state convention to hold the elector election before the deadline. 

They may figure out a way to sort the problem out, but this is a party organization that didn't even realize Trump wasn't on the ballot until a reporter asked them about it.

18 hours ago, maarsen said:

I keep trying to figure out why a home email server is intrinsically less secure than one in a government building. Accessing  an email server is just as simple in either location. Any reasonably good password would give as good protection,  no matter the location. Gross negligence would be using 1234 as your password,  regardless of the location of the server.

Completely and totally wrong.  'Password' is not the only security feature on an email server.

4 hours ago, DanteGabriel said:

And yet she'll probably still vote for him, because Hillary.

Seriously, after however-many months of this guy's bigotry and mockery and lies, I have no patience with any sentence that begins, "Trump may be bad, but Hillary."

7 hours ago, Weeping Sore said:

Floating the health scare thing seems like a pretty desperate ploy. I'd much rather have Tim Kaine than Trump or Pence running things, regardless.

In terms of actual voting, I've decided to throw my NY vote away on Jill Stein because there is zero danger of Hill losing the state's 29 electoral votes. Non-negligible Stein support could signal to the Clinton administration that there is a risk in tacking too far to the right. If I were in a more closely contested state (which would be what, Missouri? Georgia? at this point) I would vote for Hillary.

Nice. Although in California,  I am not voting green for those same reasons because Jill Stein and her party are Anti-vaxxers, and I'll never vote for a candidate or party with such pro-child-harm views.

How do you reconcile the green party's desire to harm children with your desire to send an amorphous message to the Democrat party? If the democrat party does receive your indirect message, how do you ensure that they interpret it on the grounds of issues you care about? They could easily interpret your message as communicating they need to be more anti-vaxxer, for example.

1 hour ago, lokisnow said:

Nice. Although in California,  I am not voting green for those same reasons because Jill Stein and her party are Anti-vaxxers, and I'll never vote for a candidate or party with such pro-child-harm views.

How do you reconcile the green party's desire to harm children with your desire to send an amorphous message to the Democrat party? If the democrat party does receive your indirect message, how do you ensure that they interpret it on the grounds of issues you care about? They could easily interpret your message as communicating they need to be more anti-vaxxer, for example.

anti-vax is anti-health in general.

8 hours ago, Weeping Sore said:

Floating the health scare thing seems like a pretty desperate ploy. I'd much rather have Tim Kaine than Trump or Pence running things, regardless.

In terms of actual voting, I've decided to throw my NY vote away on Jill Stein because there is zero danger of Hill losing the state's 29 electoral votes. Non-negligible Stein support could signal to the Clinton administration that there is a risk in tacking too far to the right. If I were in a more closely contested state (which would be what, Missouri? Georgia? at this point) I would vote for Hillary.

Voting for Stein, even outside the silliness of third party voting, is silly cause she's a goddamn moron. She's not even further to the left so much as she's further into self-centred dumbness.

7 hours ago, sologdin said:

is it normal to fly in rightwing populist endorsers from other places?

Probably not but in this case, it makes sense. There's been a right wing narrative, you can see a whole thread about it on this board even, about how Brexit represents "the people" being tired of "politics as usual" and PC culture and immigrants and I guess neoliberalism too or something. And that "the people" will rise up, like they did with Brexit, and tell them hoighty toighty politicians what for.

Farage is here to explain how the Brexit win totally means Trump has this. You know, blah blah blah, silent majority, all that shit.

To be fair, I think some of the above is what that sad anarchist dude meant about piling on people who don't wanna vote HRC.

To be even more fair though, everyone seems to be making good points... Jill Stein is a moron, we've known that since Charlemagne.

4 minutes ago, Shryke said:

Farage is here to explain how the Brexit win totally means Trump has this. You know, blah blah blah, silent majority, all that shit.

You know as unsettling as that possibility is, he makes a fair point. All the more reason I'm ignoring the polls so as not to be lulled into complacency. 

Anyway, Clinton gave a big speech today. All about showing how Trump is connected to the Alt-Right.

The Alt-Right is essentially the rebranded standard right-wing conservative racist bullshit that's been around in the american political landscape since, like, the civil war at least.

Anyway, speech transcript here:

http://www.vox.com/2016/8/25/12647810/hillary-clinton-speech-alt-right

A previous article on the alt-right here:

http://www.vox.com/2016/4/18/11434098/alt-right-explained

Archived