US Elections - There is 'Ahead in the Polls' behind you

all swedes are racist

4 hours ago, LongRider said:

Yeah maybe, but isn't Hilary the unhealthy one?  This election has just become so confusing.  Is Trump vaccinated or not?  If not, is that why he's 'surprisingly omfg the healthiness man on the huge planet, as some people have said'

:dunno:

No, the jackass quack Dr Drew brought that up, he is unreliable given his political background. It's another right wing attempt at degrading Clinton.

@Trebla: Well, in the broadest sense, "republic" just refers to a country which is not a monarchy. Which is why you can have democratic monarchies (e.g. the UK, Sweden, Norway, or the Netherlands) and undemocratic republics (China, Cuba,...). "Republic" is one of the few usually accurate terms in the broader sense; but there's a large number of (now mostly historical) examples of "democracies" that don't fit the definition of democracy, e.g. the "Democratic People's Republic of North Korea" (effectively a despotic monarchy), the "German Democratic Republic" (Republic in the broad sense, but still a one-party state and hence not a democracy) or similar examples.

1 hour ago, Roose Boltons Pet Leech said:

As a general rule, any country having the word "Democratic" in its title isn't. 

The country doth protest too much, methinks.

22 hours ago, lokisnow said:

Nice. Although in California,  I am not voting green for those same reasons because Jill Stein and her party are Anti-vaxxers, and I'll never vote for a candidate or party with such pro-child-harm views.

How do you reconcile the green party's desire to harm children with your desire to send an amorphous message to the Democrat party? If the democrat party does receive your indirect message, how do you ensure that they interpret it on the grounds of issues you care about? They could easily interpret your message as communicating they need to be more anti-vaxxer, for example.

They might reasonably infer that I am refusing to vote for Hillary because she dyes her hair, too. Then she could go grey in 2020 to court the Jill Stein vote.

No, I figure Green Party votes probably send a message that some of the base wants more than lip service on the environment/ climate change. I'm not really crazy about her, but most of her policy positions are closer to what I believe.

20 hours ago, maarsen said:

A server is just another computer, whether you get one from Cisco or IBM or whoever. The software put into that box matters, but using Windows  is not grounds for negligence. All servers need to have a connection to the Internet to be useful and any security system starts there. Whether the server is in the  State Dept.  basement or Clinton's basement is irrelevant.  Both can be locked up but there is always that connection that opens it up. The point is that she was not hacked. There was no security breach.

You say this like it's a fact.  it isn't.

It's much more likely she was hacked than that she was not, but you cannot say with objective certainty that she was not hacked.  

And there was most assuredly a breach of security protocol.  This is not even in dispute.

Let's not go over that particularly well-trodden ground again.

Short answer: nobody here knows shit about whether the server was hacked or not. End of discussion.

21 hours ago, Guy Kilmore said:

No, he will be on the ballot.

http://blogs.mprnews.org/capitol-view/2016/08/yes-trump-will-be-on-minnesota-ballot/

We are a very reasonable state.

Aww shucks. Disappointing.

Anyway, if I was going to go third party I'd probably vote for Rocky De La Fuente. I have no idea what he stands for (except that he's attacked Trump a lot), but he has by far the best name of any of the candidates. I also don't know how many states he'll be on the ballot, but I've seen news stories mentioning he's on at least several. Which is surprising because he had been on the ballot as a Democratic presidential nominee in most of the primaries (usually coming in 3rd; he got 60,000 votes nationwide) and I thought there was 'sore loser' laws to prevent this kind of thing.

29 minutes ago, Fez said:

Aww shucks. Disappointing.

Anyway, if I was going to go third party I'd probably vote for Rocky De La Fuente. I have no idea what he stands for (except that he's attacked Trump a lot), but he has by far the best name of any of the candidates. I also don't know how many states he'll be on the ballot, but I've seen news stories mentioning he's on at least several. Which is surprising because he had been on the ballot as a Democratic presidential nominee in most of the primaries (usually coming in 3rd; he got 60,000 votes nationwide) and I thought there was 'sore loser' laws to prevent this kind of thing.

Heh, America loves a good underdog story

as for the new thread title, what does everyone think of "CTRL-ALT RIGHT-DELETE"?

1 hour ago, mormont said:

Let's not go over that particularly well-trodden ground again.

Short answer: nobody here knows shit about whether the server was hacked or not. End of discussion.

I really mean this.

22 hours ago, LongRider said:

Yeah maybe, but isn't Hilary the unhealthy one?  This election has just become so confusing.  Is Trump vaccinated or not?  If not, is that why he's 'surprisingly omfg the healthiness man on the huge planet, as some people have said'. Te

:dunno:

I saw him walk down the tarmac just yards from me at Teterboro after the convention and his body fat index might not be in the Chris Christie plays baseball (google image that please) but he has a huge gut that he nicely minimizes with suits and speaking platforms.  If HRC ever debates him she should challenge him to a body fat index test on the spot.  No dead doctors saying how healthy the Yam is.

8 minutes ago, Swordfish said:

You're right, of course.

Better to get back to the untrodden, virgin territory of Trumps racism.

Haha! Fair point.

guess that just leaves us with his ableism, sexismin, islamaphobia, homophobia, bald faced lying, shitty business practices, unprofessionalism and general lack of class, lack of experience, childish demeanor....

12 minutes ago, R'hllors Red Lobster said:

Haha! Fair point.

guess that just leaves us with his ableism, sexismin, islamaphobia, homophobia, bald faced lying, shitty business practices, unprofessionalism and general lack of class, lack of experience, childish demeanor....

PLEASE...PLEASE...IT'S TOO MUCH WINNING!

1 hour ago, R'hllors Red Lobster said:

Haha! Fair point.

1 hour ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

PLEASE...PLEASE...IT'S TOO MUCH WINNING!

haha..  What a world we live in!

Archived