What is good music to listen to while reading ASOIAF?

mzso

I can't listen to music (or anything) and read. I am too easily distracted by shiny things :D. Kudos to you if you can! 

I do, however, re-listen to the books while I am doing my other work, or driving, etc. 

Here is a link to another thread that asks what music reminds you of ASOIAF. Not what you are asking for, but still kinda musically related.  

4 hours ago, The Fattest Leech said:

I can't listen to music (or anything) and read. I am too easily distracted by shiny things :D. Kudos to you if you can! 

I do, however, re-listen to the books while I am doing my other work, or driving, etc.

Hi!

Well, music with lyrics is not good, because it's distracting. So far I've been listening to the GOT soundtrack and Giacchino's Lost soundtrack. Though a buch of the tracks are too energetic and/or loud. (I meant to write this in the first post, but I forgot to finish the sentence...)

I on the other hand can't really listen to audio books. There's just no time to mull/imagine/think wonder over/about what I hear.

I don't usually listen to music while reading, but I like ambient sounds, like cars on the street. I've read ASOIAF about 3 times by now, and I found that in the last read I could actually play some music and not get distracted.

It was usually Marin Marais or lute music.

2 hours ago, mzso said:

Hi!

Well, music with lyrics is not good, because it's distracting. So far I've been listening to the GOT soundtrack and Giacchino's Lost soundtrack. Though a buch of the tracks are too energetic and/or loud. (I meant to write this in the first post, but I forgot to finish the sentence...)

I on the other hand can't really listen to audio books. There's just no time to mull/imagine/think wonder over/about what I hear.

Haha. We seem to be listening polar opposites :D. I get too sucked into the music, lyrics or instrumentals, and I can't focus on page words.

I can't do sounds when I am reading (or writing my own stories), even the dogs walking on the hardwood floors drives me nuts.

I can, and do, listen to the audiobooks through Audible and love them. I do pause them and I do add notes and bookmarks, but  Audible never sets up the chapter name or number on the file :angry:... so I add that to the bookmark notes at the beginning of each chapter (if I remember).

I see other posters actually answered your question, whereas I am just rambling :wacko:

Archived