something great to come for Davos?

StoneColdJorahMormont

Of all the main characters coming to the end of the series is his only contribution left to be Jon Snows right hand man?

When he was introduced it was great to see a commoner become a knight... And he was Stannis's most trusted advisor.

But now that that arc is over is this all we can expect from him ?

All the other remaining main characters have possible twists n reveals..still feel important to this story... Davis has kinda served his purpose of rags to riches.. He still communicates well for the highborns to lesser borns but I'm hoping there will be more to the character.

Jon being a targ reveal

Tyrion being a targ reveal

Danys quest for throne

Cersei and jamie fallout 

Lf plans unravelling and if je wins/loses

Sam what he will learn at the citidel if it will help with the war

Jorah will he survive greyscale and possibly bring an army of them with him.

Etc..

1 hour ago, House_Of_Fraser said:

Of all the main characters coming to the end of the series is his only contribution left to be Jon Snows right hand man?

When he was introduced it was great to see a commoner become a knight... And he was Stannis's most trusted advisor.

But now that that arc is over is this all we can expect from him ?

All the other remaining main characters have possible twists n reveals..still feel important to this story... Davis has kinda served his purpose of rags to riches.. He still communicates well for the highborns to lesser borns but I'm hoping there will be more to the character.

Jon being a targ reveal

Tyrion being a targ reveal

Danys quest for throne

Cersei and jamie fallout 

Lf plans unravelling and if je wins/loses

Sam what he will learn at the citidel if it will help with the war

Jorah will he survive greyscale and possibly bring an army of them with him.

Etc..

Interesting topic. Davos has slowly grown on me over many years, to the point where I like him quite a bit.

I would say in some ways he's similar to Brienne, who did not make your list either.   Not a main player, but definitely assisting.

And/or, I suppose, It could also be said that his unresolved issues with Melisandre might be something along the lines of what you're looking for in Davos' future. That is NOT done, in my opinion, just cuz Jon banished Melisandre out of the north.   Indeed, if Davos is now fine with Melisandre just cuz Jon banished her, I'll be shocked, cuz I think that would be very inconsistent with both book-Davos and show-Davos.

TV Davos is more of an assistant than loyal servant. Since his entire subplot was rearranged I have no clue what would he be used for. Because saving Rickon from grave danger seems out of question...

He will probably just stand in a second row and interrupt with some great insight, i.e.: "we must stick together, not fight each other", "we need larger army", "I'm not a religious man (WTF), but we must respect Faith of the Seven", "Stannis believed in you son, please ride the dragon and set White Walkers aflame for 50 minutes in S08E09".

I think Davos serves as the perfect avatar for the audience. He interacts with all the big power players of Westeros, gives them the  advice the audience would like to give them. Because he's a commoner made knight he's able to play a role in all the big events, but is still seeing things from an "outsider's" perspective.

• 4 weeks later...

If Gendry shows up which is highly likely then he may want to pay davos back for saving him.

Tinfoil. . . Mel finds stannis and brings him back to Winterfell. Stannis helps Jon sort the north for the ww then he and davos go back to dragonstone to get dragon glass for the war coming. .

^based on the fact we didn't see stannis die or his corpse, or mel revives him :^)

I wish ! At least stannis lives in the books and davos is on his way to Skagos there too to find rickon yeh!

:cool4::rofl:

Archived