Billions tv show

Calibandar

I came upon this show through IMDB, saw it featured Paul Giamatti, one of my favorite actors, and then Damien Lewis and Maggie Syf as well.

Wow, how did I not hear of this. Let's give it a try.

Having now finished all episodes I am pretty bowled over by how excellent this was. This was early House of Cards level good for me. Very different show, but it gave me some of that feeling. Just excellent throughout. Ended very strong as well, and a second season starts next February.

I'm impressed. Anyone else seen it?

1 hour ago, Calibandar said:

Having now finished all episodes I am pretty bowled over by how excellent this was.

At first I was like, What?

1 hour ago, Calibandar said:

This was early House of Cards level good for me.

Then I was, Oh that makes sense.

I thought it was alright, but certainly nothing special.  Lots of overacting on both.  I'll probably watch season 2, but would not have been put out at all had it been canceled.

1 hour ago, Triskan said:

I thought the ending was a bit strange almost like this was intended to be a self-contained, one season story, but apparently it's going for more?

Welcome to ShowTime!

Trisk,

Bryan Connerty is the character name of Giamatti's assistant. I thought he had a great storyline as well.

Wags likewise was memorable and an actor who seems to be in more great shows.

And yes, there is definitely more to come, and of course the ending of the season does ache for more.

Yeah I quite enjoyed this Showtime series and will be ready when they do another season.

The leads have this rivalry built in thats pretty baited, also a few support actors and actresses with good sideline plots, all around entertaining show.

2 hours ago, Martini Sigil said:

If you can get past the fact that --even though its set in our world-- its completely unrealistic, it's kind of a fun watch...  you're much better off not knowing anything about the financial industry... It's better if the viewer doesn't recognize the judicial absurdities

This would be me. As far as the show and S1 on a whole, I thought it was just good enough to keep me coming back for the next episode. I really like the main cast, so that was a big part of my draw to the show, too. However, like someone else wrote, I wouldn't have been heartbroken if they hadn't been renewed for S2.

Archived