College football 2016 - aSECendency

lokisnow

5 minutes ago, Triskan said:

Has there any been any team within 1 score that was deader than this?

Lot of youth on the Ole Miss defense, so combined with the injuries to starters that side doesn't really surprise me.

But the ineptitude of the offense in the second half is inexcusable. It looks like Jimbo made a few tweaks and solved everything we were doing.

Tough one indeed, FA ...and such a weird and long game too. I went from almost turning the game off in disgust, to kind of amazement in how quickly Noles turned things around. Francois was just incredible, and I don't know what happened at halftime but DeMarcus Walker came out a man possessed. 

18 hours ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

Yes, in excited about Will PED Grier, also!

ETA: If we let go of Holgs we're fools, complete utter fools. I like continuity, and for us joining the BIGXII we have been respectable. Recruiting is looking up. Gibson is a helluva DC. We need this coaching staff around for awhile and things will happen. Look, let's not fool ourselves, WVU is a Major College football program, but not elite. We have a chance for a NC about every ten years if the cards fall our way. Holgs is doing what any other. WVU coach has done in my lifetime. Hardly ever a losing record, always competetive, usually a bowl game and then we'll have that special year very once in a while. I have zero complaints. We ain't Texas, Bama, OSU, Michigan, etc, etc. We have to develop talent, it doesn't just walk through the doors in bus loads.

Agree 100%.  From what I gather the majority of WVU fans are on board with Holgs, but there is definitely a very vocal minority who do not like him.  Most of them are either people who are in the dwindling number of WVU fans that want Rodriguez back, Wetzel County people who are pissed about the Bill Stewart situation (which is not Holgs' fault anyway), or dumbasses who think that West Virginia requires a head coach from West Virginia or with WVU ties and that Holgorsen isn't 'one of us'.  

I think many in the latter group are under the impression that West Virginia guys like Nick Saban or Jimbo Fisher are going to come walking through the door.  Saban will never happen, and if it did he'd be past his prime.  Fisher I actually could see happening one day but I can't say he'd be able to duplicate his FSU success at WVU where his recruiting ability will take a major hit in comparison.  

Holgs is the coach we need right now.  He's suited to Big 12 play and has improved a little each year.  We need continuity more than a rebuild.  I just hope that the new AD does not get a big head and feel the need to put his own stamp on the program and force a coaching change that doesn't need to happen.  

Looking at the Big XII this year, and our home schedule, I do think we can achieve an 8 - 10 win season and if we do that Holgs gets an extension.  

I'm pretty pleased with myself for betting the under the win total for Mississippi state after seeing Dak Prescott play in the preseason.  It was pretty clear he was the entire team, and they've basically locked up the under 6.5 after losing to South Alabama week 1.

2 minutes ago, sperry said:

I'm pretty pleased with myself for betting the under the win total for Mississippi state after seeing Dak Prescott play in the preseason.  It was pretty clear he was the entire team, and they've basically locked up the under 6.5 after losing to South Alabama week 1.

If Kentucky hadn't crapped the bed in the second half against Southern Miss, I would feel really good about our chance against Miss St... but, I'll just assume they will win as usual.

1 hour ago, sperry said:

I'm pretty pleased with myself for betting the under the win total for Mississippi state after seeing Dak Prescott play in the preseason. 

So, sorry to bring the NFL to the CF thread, but I've watched zero preseason as usual. So, does Dak look like a competent or better NFL QB? Sorry, but from your statement, my interest is piqued. Never thought that was a possibility.

1 hour ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

So, sorry to bring the NFL to the CF thread, but I've watched zero preseason as usual. So, does Dak look like a competent or better NFL QB? Sorry, but from your statement, my interest is piqued. Never thought that was a possibility.

He was far and away the best QB in all of football.

Also has Cowboys fans openly asking if Dak might keep the job even when Romo comes back.

Archived