College football 2016 - aSECendency

lokisnow

Wow the booth takes it away from LSU with the game on the line for a delay of game... reviewed??????  

WHERE WAS THIS 2 YEARS AGO WHEN UK WAS AT FLORIDA, IN OT??????????????????   NO WHISTLE... NO REVIEW.  One way or another, I call :bs:

Pardon my mini-rant.

I....yeah. Never seen that. Not arguing that it was fair play for LSU, but no flag thrown and still reviewed? Never seen it.

Regardless, it's yet another example of shitty Les Miles coaching and clock management. I know I'm beating a dead horse in this thread but he is unbelievably mediocre-to-bad as an on-field coach. I do believe his clock has finally ticked down to zero meaning LSU can now hire a real coach, which is a scary thought.

15 minutes ago, D_P said:

p00p on lsu.  war eagle!  there is no way that anyone with a brain can watch that play and not see that the ball was far from being snapped at 00:00 :D:cheers: 

Said everyone watching UK vs Florida 2 years ago... yet the call wasn't made, and there was no review.  The LSU play was obviously late and they got it right... glad for Auburn in this instance, but that non-call in my UK game will never be forgotten until the 30-game loss-streak is broken.

17 minutes ago, Ferrum Aeternum said:

I....yeah. Never seen that. Not arguing that it was fair play for LSU, but no flag thrown and still reviewed? Never seen it.

Regardless, it's yet another example of shitty Les Miles coaching and clock management. I know I'm beating a dead horse in this thread but he is unbelievably mediocre-to-bad as an on-field coach. I do believe his clock has finally ticked down to zero meaning LSU can now hire a real coach, which is a scary thought.

we had a targeting call reviewed with no flag earlier in the game FA.  additionally, the arden key targeting play left a player in the game that shouldn't have been.  it was a sloppy, emotionally draining game to be sure and we'll still need a head coach before all is said and done, but i'll take it for now.

11 minutes ago, Ded As Ned said:

Said everyone watching UK vs Florida 2 years ago... yet the call wasn't made, and there was no review.  The LSU play was obviously late and they got it right... glad for Auburn in this instance, but that non-call in my UK game will never be forgotten until the 30-game loss-streak is broken.

now that you mention it, i remember that.  god, i hate UF!

UK WINS!!! UK WINS!!! UK WINS!!! HOLY SHIT UK WINS!!! :rofl:

When you're a life-long-suffering-UK-football-fan, and you get a SEC win (don't care who it's against), giving up only 10 points (with THIS defense (thus far) ), you celebrate!  And sleep super well for one night of the season.  Next week is @Bama... so start the walk-ons and I'll see you in two weeks against Vandy!  

I hope all of your teams fared well, and may their fortunes shine bright!  

3 hours ago, S John said:

Whew.  

Damn near snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, but I'll take it.

There was on real bad playcall in the 4th quarter where WVU had 10 point lead and threw a failed bubble screen where it was inexcusable to do anything other than run it up the middle.  That incomplete pass seriously allowed BYU back in the game.  WVU is a good team, but we need to learn how to close out games.  We have the personnel to run out the clock and it drives me absolutely insane when Holgs gets cute when he just needs to get 2 or 3 yards and keep the clock running.  

BYU is a good team, and they play hard, but we were on the verge of a 10 - 14 point victory and nearly lost the game because of that bone-headed decision.  I'll take the win though.  BYU has played 4 power 5 teams and played all of them close.

Skylar Howard (and I'm bery, very hesitant to say this, because we haven't started Conf. play) looks like a totally different qb from a year ago. His intermediate passing was horrible last year, he's looked a lot better so far. Had a hands down excellent game today. If he keeps this up, we have a real chance in the BIGXII.

I know Holgs loves to lean on experience, but Crawford needs to be the starter at RB. He is averaging 10 yds a touch. He's legit, best RB we have. I like the WR corps, and basically our offense has looked decent, always room for improvement.

Defense....is what scares me. We're young and thin across the board. BYU's Williams did whatever he wanted to today. Definitely need to get better, and I say more aggressive. If we don't have the all-around talent to man up and go toe to toe, we need to blitz and cause havoc. 

Overall, I like this team and can see anywhere from 8-10 wins. I think we'll surprise some people this year. As long as the defense can make some adjustments.

20 minutes ago, Ded As Ned said:

When you're a life-long-suffering-UK-football-fan, and you get a SEC win (don't care who it's against), giving up only 10 points (with THIS defense (thus far) ), you celebrate!  And sleep super well for one night of the season.  Next week is @Bama... so start the walk-ons and I'll see you in two weeks against Vandy!  

I hope all of your teams fared well, and may their fortunes shine bright!  

We've got USCe's number for sure.  Was listening to game on radio on way home from Louisville FC game tonight.  Crazy stat:  This is the first time UK has beaten a non Vanderbilt SEC team three times in a row since they did it to Tennessee in the 1950's!!!!!  

And thank the football gods for Will Muschamp.

22 straight run plays to close the game. Sort of reminded me of watching JoJo run the Wildcat against these same Gamecocks. They knew it was coming, but couldn’t stop it.

Wasn’t always pretty, but a win is always beautiful.

2 hours ago, D_P said:

we had a targeting call reviewed with no flag earlier in the game FA.  additionally, the arden key targeting play left a player in the game that shouldn't have been.  it was a sloppy, emotionally draining game to be sure and we'll still need a head coach before all is said and done, but i'll take it for now.

Yeah, I remember during our game the announcers saying that every play was being reviewed now, so it makes sense, I'd just never seen that before. 

Nice win, I just hate that it will help push Les out the door. I really want him to stay at LSU and Mullen to stay at State. Mediocre coaches are a luxury in the SECW. 

57 minutes ago, Ded As Ned said:

34 minutes ago, Rhom said:

And thank the football gods for Will Muschamp.

Very happy for y'all. I can't imagine what USCe was thinking hiring Muschamp. They are reaping the fruits of that venture. :lol:

I got to attend Colorado @ Oregon today which was a very entertaining game but a disappointing result for the home team.  What was amazing was that Colorado had to go with their backup QB who was shit @ Michigan and proceeded to get like 29 first downs and over 600 yards of offence.  It's a bummer for the Oregon QB Prukop that he through a tough pick at the end so some idiot Duck fans will trash him, but this was on the D big time. 

That said, there were already signs this year that Colorado is improved and not the doormat that they'd been.  But they shouldn't be winning @ Oregon yet.  That locker room must have been so fired up post-game. 

There was one catch by a CU player that could be an ESPY type of catch, and it was a huge play in the game as well.

I'm quite ignorant about what else has happened in the college football world today but am excited to catch up.  Props to the UK folks on their cockslaying!

I was about to come on here and talk about how Webb, the new Cal QB, is lighting it up and it's like Goff never left, and then he threw an absolutely atrocious pick-6 with the game on the line.  He has been great this year though, but he just made his biggest mistake. 

Rosen and UCLA's offense have sucked this year.  Their D has been very good...like get us just 21 points and we probably win good.  Stansbury beats UCLA for the 9th straight time.

I would imagine beating Alabama is the only thing that can save Les Miles job at this point. It's been pretty sad to see the ridiculous collection of talent he has assembled waste away because he has had Cleveland Browns level QBs his entire tenure.

And I would imagine Nick Saban is none too pleased to know that the timing of Lester's exit is going to make LSU the prime candidate to land Tom Herman.

12 hours ago, Ded As Ned said:

Wow the booth takes it away from LSU with the game on the line for a delay of game... reviewed??????  

WHERE WAS THIS 2 YEARS AGO WHEN UK WAS AT FLORIDA, IN OT??????????????????   NO WHISTLE... NO REVIEW.  One way or another, I call :bs:

Pardon my mini-rant.

Not to take away from your pain, but the booth didn't review the play clock.  They reviewed the game clock. 

1 hour ago, sperry said:

I would imagine beating Alabama is the only thing that can save Les Miles job at this point. It's been pretty sad to see the ridiculous collection of talent he has assembled waste away because he has had Cleveland Browns level QBs his entire tenure.

And I would imagine Nick Saban is none too pleased to know that the timing of Lester's exit is going to make LSU the prime candidate to land Tom Herman.

It's Les's fault.  He kept recruiting running QBs and then tried to force them to be pocket passers in a pro style offense.  Jefferson, Perilloux, Russell Sheppard, Brandon Harris, etc were all highly rated running QBs.  If he would have just gone after pocket passers, they probably would have been neck and neck with Alabama the last 5-6 years.

I may be an awful person at heart...

Yesrerday before the UK game, rumors were apparently rampant that Mark Stoops would be resigning amid revelations that he had gotten an intern pregnant.  (Does not appear to be any truth to either aspect of the rumor.)

I was almost hopeful for it to be true just to experience some schadenfreud toward many posters on my favorite boards who blast me on the fact that I wanted Petrino as coach by saying things like "I'd rather go 2-10 with a decent human being."

Really wanted to ask them how they feel about being terrible with a terrible human. :lol: 

Hokies beat ECU 54-17 yesterday...second blowout win in a row.  Again, ECU isn't a world class opponent, but they're not bad...and after losing to them the last two years, this was nice.  And wow...having a good offense is fun to watch.  Our QB, Jerod Evans is playing lights out...and I think he'd be getting more press if he didn't play in the same league as Lamar Jackson.  He's tied with Jackson for passing TDs, at 5th in the country with 13...Jackson just has a bunch of rushing TDs as well.  Although Evans had a highlight reel 55 yd TD run yesterday. Heck, the ACC is loaded with QBs - but so far we're glad to have our guy.

Get a bye this weekend, and then play at UNC - who is playing FSU this week...so we may get them at the right time, if FSU puts a beatdown on them.  We'll see.  I don't want to jinx anything...but expectations are rising a little bit...no reason VT shouldn't be a considered a competitor for the ACC Coastal Division crown at this point.

I saw that Florida was beating Tennessee 21-0, and I thought my prediction that Florida would win by 2 TDs was conservative.  And then apparently they choked worse than we did when we played Tennessee.  If I never have to hear Rocky Top again, it will be too soon.  I still think they have multiple losses coming...I think they're playing Texas A&M and Alabama back to back in a few weeks.

Archived