Could GRRM have a time jump?

George had planned to do a 5 year timeskip some time ago, for the reasons you surmised. He wanted to age up the younger kids a bit.

From what I understand, it worked great with characters like Arya and Bran, who were in their 'training montage' kindof phase. But for say, Jon, it was like he was sitting at the Wall twiddling his thumbs for 5 years waiting for the White Walkers to come.

so, yes there was the intent to do this, but i think the idea has been scrapped. Hope that helps you James Christopher Roberts :)

He will have a small time jump between Dance and Winds, already in Feast and Dance it is hard to tell how much time has passed for certain characters. For example, we can't be totally sure how long Arya was out in the town as Cat, she makes vague references to always having things to tell the KOM when she went back to the Temple, but she only went back when the moon turned. I don't know how often that happens in Westeros, but that's a month, I think, in the real world. So, she spent months, as Cat pushing her clams around before becoming Blind Beth, and we have no idea how long that last either.

So, he's been taking small jumps and longer ones with certain characters anyway.

Archived