Should Immortals Have to Live on another Planet?

Weeping Sore

39 minutes ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

We will lure them with ambrosia (remember, you have to use FRESH coconut), the blood of their enemies and bacon.

Won't we also catch Mercenary Chef, then?

7 minutes ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

I just assumed he would be an immortal, and calibrated my lure accordingly.

Well, if that's the case, we'd best make sure the Ambrosia is plated in a current style.  And the blood should probably be in some sort of gin cocktail. 

Just now, Nas! said:

Well, if that's the case, we'd best make sure the Ambrosia is plated in a current style.  And the blood should probably be in some sort of gin cocktail. 

As long as the cocktail is served in a skull, I think it would be irresistible.

On 23/08/2016 at 3:54 PM, GallowKnight said:

I assume the immortals would all start to fight amongst themselves and seek to decapitate each other, until only one of them remains.

Laughing. My. Fucking. Ass. Off.

You win the Internet for the day.

ETA: This thread is just one of the reasons why I love this place. 

IMO people will eventually choose to die because of boredom. I give people 500 years before they realise life no longer holds any meaning for them. Some people might stretch it out to 1000 years, but that will not be the norm.

And if you think time flies by when you're only in your 30s or 40s, imagine your perception of time when you're 500? When you are 500 1 day is just 0.0005% of your life, and a year is only 0.2% of your life. Those time periods will whizz by so fast.

21 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

IMO people will eventually choose to die because of boredom. I give people 500 years before they realise life no longer holds any meaning for them. Some people might stretch it out to 1000 years, but that will not be the norm.

And if you think time flies by when you're only in your 30s or 40s, imagine your perception of time when you're 500? When you are 500 1 day is just 0.0005% of your life, and a year is only 0.2% of your life. Those time periods will whizz by so fast.

Pretty sure some of the stigma would be gone from suicide. I mean when you're 735, your suicide note just has to read, "Meh".

All those tiny brained, no-webbed feet, non UV-impervious skin having immortals aren't going to be so smug after a million years of not evolving with the rest of us.

23 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

That long huh? Only took me about 20.

eat at Arby's 

Stupidest. Question. Ever. Sounds like the premise of an awful and unnecessary movie. If immortals choose to self-segregate (mortals have no power to force our kind to do anything) they know they can always join me in the village of Glenfinnan on the shores of Loch Shiel. 

30 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

Stupidest. Question. Ever. Sounds like the premise of an awful and unnecessary movie. If immortals choose to self-segregate (mortals have no power to force our kind to do anything) they know they can always join me in the village of Glenfinnan on the shores of Loch Shiel. 

That's it. That's the one

On 23 August 2016 at 3:50 PM, Weeping Sore said:

Assuming technological/medical remedies to aging are eventually developed, should those who manage to avail themselves of immortality (barring accident or violence) go to a separate planet so as not to exacerbate tensions with the Samsarans*?

*those still trapped in the cycle of birth and death

Also, should the immortals have to learn Elvish and get pointy ear surgery?

Who's to say they won't have pointy teeth and an aversion to sunlight instead?, still either group is elitist perhaps that comes with the territory.

If it's immortality through nanotechnology technology, then a city on the moon...let's call it Selene...would be most appropriate. 

If it's just one person, I assume he'll simply rocket off into space until he settles on a secluded planet to built go go dress wearing female androids for companionship...

Archived