Whats the importants of Eurons Crows eye/Blood eye

np1234

I think its safe to say theres something weird about Eurons eye. For a long time I thought Euron was a character inspired by two historical characters. We know GRRM likes to base his characters on important people in history. The two characters that I believed were the inspiration of Euron were the brothers Sigurd Snake in eye and Ivar the boneless. These two were both tactical genesis and even tricked the enemies in order to defeat them. Maybe im insane but iv always seen a parallel between them. 

The nickname crows eye always made me feel like Euron his hiding a secret or has a secret plan but in the Foresaken chapter released Damphair calls it something different. I dont want to spoil anything so ill just say he refers to it as his blood eye. Does anyone know what this might represent or if it has any metaphorical meaning? Euron must be hiding it for some reason. 

I think it is a hint at his greenseeing/skinchanger powers. The greenseer, Bloodraven, is the three eyed crow, and so Euron's hidden crow's eye represents his concealed facility (he cuts out tongues so no one can report his skinchanging) with northern magic.

Archived