The Prince Of Nothing series is optioned for TV!

redeagl

Sure it’s filmable; the surface plot is pretty mainstream epic fantasy. Use the visual tropes from Sherlock for Kellhus. (In fact, make Cumberbatch play Kellhus. Win.) 

On TV (without the inner monologue) the whole thing would be much more appealing. (For the record, I love the inner monologue.)

Some Hollywood producers, like the guys from American Pie or something else strangely lowbrow, were trying to shop the rights around few years back, seems like someone is finally looking to buy.

I wonder who though.   HBO is probably looking for another big tent-pole series now that GoT is ending, but I can't imagine them buying PoN.  I can see Starz or Showtime, though.

I doubt HBO will go with another medieval drama after GoT ends.  That would be like them going with another mob show after Sopranos ended.  They'll give it a few years before they do that.

Sounds like just an option is all. For the moment, if the option results in a script thats the next step, of the script is developed as a pilot that's the step after that, then you'd see a series order. If it were me I'd be shopping it to Amazon and Netflix, they want the next game of thrones more than HBO does.

3 hours ago, matt b said:

Honestly, I have a hard time seeing anybody, short of maybe Brazzers, actually taking a shot at it. As much as I love the series, this is one I'd definitely rather just read.

Brazzers has probably already test-screened the Sarcellus-Kellhis gandoki scene in the Galeoth encampment.

31 minutes ago, sologdin said:

no films.  pay him for the options, but by the gods no cinema.  this is a text that must solely be subjected to the protocols of reading.

Just need to remember the secret of cable.  Indomitable ratings, unconquerable TV.

I think it would be fine animated, or better yet, wait until we have something like Morgan's experia flicks, kind of like the cubes in Stover's Caine or Matrix style VR

Archived