The Prince Of Nothing series is optioned for TV!

redeagl

Only Japanese anime could ever even attempt to do it justice, no one else puts anything as fucked up as this series onto film.  If its being done in the US its being watered down very significantly, maybe sexed up at the same time depending on who it was.

Oh it could be done, I've outlined the first two seasons just to see if it works, it can work really well I think. It would require a more radical approach to adapting the first chapters material as the text does not benefit from geographic co location of characters nor interlocking timelines, and I think that both be a necessity to make the budget pencil out and the pilot dramatically satisfying. It's not a big deal but people would howl. Everything happened at harrenhal because they couldn't afford to shoot anywhere else, same principle, new series.

Yeah, there's a massive difference between "optioned" and "it's happening!". We need to hear who's behind it, what studio or network is involved etc before we can judge the likelihood of this happening.

14 hours ago, karaddin said:

Only Japanese anime could ever even attempt to do it justice, no one else puts anything as fucked up as this series onto film. 

I dunno, I reckon there's a few European directors who could give it a go. Or Park Chan-Wook for example.

7 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

You wouldn't? Are you Bakker? :P

I mean that Dragon Lance animated movie turned out so well, ha, I could barely type that without laughing.

Loool DR.

I wouldn't except any epic fantasy series being ever turned into animation anytime soon and then it would probably be just a joke nothing serious.

Archived