Davos vs Littlefinger - Season 7

JonGreen

9 hours ago, Future Null Infinity said:

Why I think that Sansa will not stay in Winterfell and she will go to King's landing with Baelish? for three reasons :

• Story telling : let's assume that Sansa and Jon killed Baelish (:crying:) then what next in her story? will she start hanging with Davos and Tormund for the rest of the story, if it is her story it will be a very lazy writing, the character Baelish was always part of Sansa's story, Baelish is alive in the story for a reason
  • The "Younger, more beautiful queen" : the trick in the story that confused the viewers, in a way or another it needs a resolution
  • the nature of the character and story : her story doesn't contain magical components, what the writers will write about her in Winterfell?  what she will do when Jon attack the WW? watch him from a balcony? no, Winterfell is not her place, she's related to the political intrigue of the story and politics are in KL

While Sansa is the only Stark that isn't involve with magic and such, she is certainly got into politics and learned her ways from the game. It's a 50/50 for Sansa: either she will die or live. And if the latter is happening, i think of few possibilities:

1) she will get prison due to lying about Lysa's death. She may get prison for the rest of the seasons until the ending of the show.

2) she will help out the women at Winterfell. It's mainly due to the scene where Sansa is with the KL noble ladies and Cersei would help Sansa play out her queen role.

3) Jon will send Sansa along with the other women to Vale in order to ensure their safety from the upcoming White Walkers.

Didn't Ellaria and Sand Snakes mentioned that Cersei declared war on Dorne? Wouldn't that also mean that she would declare war on the North, once she finds out that Boltons are ousted and Starks are back in control? Perhaps she already did by sending double notice to Dorne and the North? Sansa would be beyond stupid to go to Kings Landing now as long as Cersei is there.

16 hours ago, Future Null Infinity said:

Why I think that Sansa will not stay in Winterfell and she will go to King's landing with Baelish? for three reasons :

• Story telling : let's assume that Sansa and Jon killed Baelish (:crying:) then what next in her story? will she start hanging with Davos and Tormund for the rest of the story, if it is her story it will be a very lazy writing, the character Baelish was always part of Sansa's story, Baelish is alive in the story for a reason
  • The "Younger, more beautiful queen" : the trick in the story that confused the viewers, in a way or another it needs a resolution
  • the nature of the character and story : her story doesn't contain magical components, what the writers will write about her in Winterfell?  what she will do when Jon attack the WW? watch him from a balcony? no, Winterfell is not her place, she's related to the political intrigue of the story and politics are in KL

Some interesting points raised. 

Personally, I see the story plot of Sansa being that struggle between her and Jon. Her viewpoint would be aligned with LF and the confrontation about Jon not giving Sansa any credit or simply not taking any of her advice. For me this seems more realistic. LF dying seems quite sudden without just cause. He did just save the Northerners with his Vale troops. So from him being a rescuer to a dead corpse - is hard to see.

I always played into the quote 'Younger, more beautiful queen' was Dany, but I suppose that's subjective :)

Your last point, is a tough one. We honestly don't know what she will do or if she's alive when the WW cross the wall. There's a whole season before that comes about (the most common belief). I definitely agree with you that she is closely aligned to the political plot and not the WW plot. I'd imagine she would at some point be beside Tyrion as his wife again (however this time by choice).

On 26 agosto 2016 at 7:41 AM, JonGreen said:

Like many, I'm thoroughly looking forward to seeing Season 7 of the TV Series however not for the reason most people are interested in.
I'm hanging to see the battle between Davos and Littlefinger. 

Davos, is a straight talker who can sniff out a lie faster than anyone else we've seen on the TV series. His exceptional at understanding the political landscape and the pitfalls if you make the wrong decision. Littlefinger has always been able to manipulate even the smartest of game players. His been leading the entire TV show and is the only person in the kingdom who can say he knows whats going to happen next, cause he masterminded it. 

Davos is Jon's trusted source and Sansa still clings to Littlefinger for his mentorship. Whilst people can discuss the Jon vs Sansa, it will really be between Davos and Littlefinger and if Davos can sniff out Littlefingers plan before it's too late.

My bet is that Davos sniffs out Littlefingers plan in the last episode but before it all comes to a climatic end, the real bad guys begin their assault and the game doesn't even matter anymore. Littlefinger will be one of the WW first victims!

Personally I don't think so.

I think Sansa will be the one behind LF's demise, i think he is the 'savage giant' of the prophecy without Davos playing any relevant role in it.

I think Davos' role will be more connected with advising Jon, possibly with the war against the others in S8 and maybe with Melisandre if they cross their paths again (to avenge Shereen?).

I also had a few thoughts on how everything ends. It's a little bit crazy however hope it makes sense. 

FYI. Tried to load this as a new topic however it didn't work.

First off, this theory of mine has been combined with many other theories in which I happen to agree with and credit them for a lot of the below.

Here goes :D:

- Bran Stark is Brandon the Builder
- The Long Night was his favourite story growing up
- That's because the long night is the tale he told his children who grew up to be the line of Starks
- The Long Night never happened, it was something that Bran warns the Children of the forest about, as they are the ones that created them.
  Thus is why the Children of the Forest turned on their creation.
- Bran with the children of the forest build the wall
- Bran in the present has no idea that he is bran the builder until Sam discovers a book that bran wrote when he also built high towers for old town eight thousand years ago.
- It is Bran who created the prophecy of The Prince who was promised and Azor Ahai
- Sam discovers that the story of the long night in more detail and realises that the story is a lot like the present
- From there Sam discovers what needs to be done to kill The Others (needs to forge a hero's sword)
- In order for The Great Other (Nights King) to die he must be killed with a hero's blade
- Ice the ancestral sword of House Stark will be reforged, perhaps with heartsbane - not sure the relevance of Sam taking his ancestral sword 
- Complications however ensue as Ice continues to shatter until... melisandre tells Jon that he must sacrifice Danny in order to reforge Ice.
- Jon pierces the heart and soul of Danny. 'Song of Ice and Fire'.
- The bittersweet moment that George R. R. Martin threatens us all begins
- All the dragons perish in the battle of the dawn
- Danny dies at the hands of Jon and never got to sit the iron throne
- But the world is safe now as Jon kills The Great Other with the reforged Ice at the gates of Winterfell (Where winter fell).
- Bran falls back into the past
- Jon, who has been tormented his whole entire life by being a bastard, suffering from his brothers of the watch killing him, then killing Danny and being the only one to for fill the prophecy decides to leave and live a solitude life away from the world he once knew. 
- Tyrion is left to rule with his wife... Sansa. These two are the only ones who know how to play the political game well enough to see peace and prosperity
- Arya commands Winterfell, she was never going to marry another lord and have babies ('that's not me' - Arya says to her father Ned). She was born for more. She becomes Wardeness of the North  

How does Bran know enough to build the wall? How does he know how to build anything? He doesn't but Sam helps him with prints of all the castles. How does he know? Sam realises early on that someone had to write this prophecy/story. There will be further information on this untold as yet in the books and Tv Show that will assist Sam to learn about Bran. For Bran the Builder, don't forget Brandon the Builder gets help from the Children of the Forest so it's not unlikely that assistance brings more than just magic.

Love your feedback and I'm only a modest contributor so please be kind :) 

Archived