US Elections: CTRL ALT-RIGHT DELETE

all swedes are racist

30 minutes ago, The Great Unwashed said:

They're not having a televised debate, but my understanding is that they will be having a televised joint press conference after their private meeting, which would give Pena Nieto the opportunity to upbraid Trump in a high-profile press conference. It's being covered pretty extensively on Telemundo and Univision.

It's certainly a gamble for Pena Nieto, and it could very well backfire, but with his current approval ratings, he has practically nothing to lose.

So maybe Pena Nieto will go all Hugh-Grant-Love-Actually on Trump at the press conference?

1 hour ago, Maithanet said:

Does he?  It's not like Nieto and Trump are going to have a televised debate about "Mexico - sucks or awesome?"  I guess I'm not really sure what avenues are available to Nieto to insult Trump that wouldn't just seem childish and weak.  Is he going to have Mexican police refuse to let Trump disembark his plane?  Will he spit in his hand on camera before shaking hands? 

But I'm not a politician, maybe I'm just lacking imagination here.  I'm sure there's a segment in Mexico that would love to see thier president stick it to Trump, regardless of how petty it comes across. 

He could always give Trump the Azteca treatment. 

6 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

He could always give Trump the Azteca treatment. 

If you're referring to the treatment USMNT players get at the Azteca, that's gross.

Though, who knows what a ziplock full of urine would do to Trump's combaround.

6 minutes ago, The Wedge said:

If you're referring to the treatment USMNT players get at the Azteca, that's gross.

That's exactly what I was referencing. 

3 hours ago, The Wedge said:

The logistics of peeing into a bag and then closing it would seem to require 3 hands. Who shakes the drops off? 

Sounds like Trump, when given his chance, did not tell Mexico that they're gonna pay for the wall:

Trump and Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto had a cordial but frank discussion for about an hour at the presidential residence. The men said they did not discuss whether Mexico would pay for a wall along the countries’ shared border, a core campaign promise of the Republican presidential nominee. But Peña Nieto pointedly vowed to protect Mexican nationals living in the U.S. who contribute to prosperity and “deserve the respect of everyone.”

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-trump-mexico-visit-20160831-snap-story.html

Lol... Donald Trump is fearless when prattling bullshit to an audience of yahoos but he can't say it to a foreign leader's face. I'm sure he'll have the gumption to negotiate tough tough deals with the Chinese, though. Like maybe negotiating down the massive amount of debt the Chinese national bank holds over him.

24 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

Lol... Donald Trump is fearless when prattling bullshit to an audience of yahoos but he can't say it to a foreign leader's face. I'm sure he'll have the gumption to negotiate tough tough deals with the Chinese, though. Like maybe negotiating down the massive amount of debt the Chinese national bank holds over him.

I'm sure the plan will be for the Fed to provide a China debt relief bail out to all billionaires (real or imaginary) who have orange skin and hair, and who's last name starts with T and ends in P.

Just now, BloodRider said:

TPP?

Except China is excluded from the TPP. A fact which will ultimately see the US ratify the TPP, because if the US doesn't ratify and TPP falls over FTAP will become the regional trade pact, and that will include China, and thus severely reduce the US's trade and political influence in the Asia-Pacific region.

Archived