US Elections: CTRL ALT-RIGHT DELETE

all swedes are racist

You mean the Mexican President right? Cause, Trump lying is not new but letting him come to your country and giving him some legitimacy for all the bs he's spouted actually is. 

There was a horrible idea here and it didn't come from Trump. 

5 minutes ago, White Walker Texas Ranger said:

It sounds like it was something rhetorical. "I invite Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump to come and visit any time to talk about immigration and the drug war."

"Wait, he took us up on it?"

So basically playing into Trump's propaganda of being a guy who thinks and reacts in unorthodox but beneficial ways.

I want to puke. 

8 minutes ago, Castel said:

So basically playing into Trump's propaganda of being a guy who thinks and reacts in unorthodox but beneficial ways.

I want to puke. 

I think it's more a matter of Trump being so behind in the polls that he may as well grasp at straws like these. At the very least he can say that Hillary didn't even bother. That said, the whole thing is patently ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I think it's more a matter of Trump being so behind in the polls that he may as well grasp at straws like these. At the very least he can say that Hillary didn't even bother. That said, the whole thing is patently ridiculous. 

I mean, even if he wasn't behind he should take this opportunity. It is an important part of his plans, insofar as Trump has such things. 

Trump got a ridiculous crater in his numbers cause of the absurd things he was doing that stretched beyond the partisan divide. Having him run around meeting with foreign leaders and not seeming insane undermines the narrative that Clinton has been using since he completely blew his post-convention bump. He didn't blow it cause he said he'd make Mexico build a wall, he blew it cause he looked insane. He doesn't look insane now and frankly hasn't for a while (well...week or two). 

This was needless. 

1 minute ago, Castel said:

I mean, even if he wasn't behind he should take this opportunity. It is an important part of his plans, insofar as Trump has such things. 

Trump got a ridiculous crater in his numbers cause of the absurd things he was doing that stretched beyond the partisan divide. Having him run around meeting with foreign leaders and not seeming insane undermines the narrative that Clinton has been using since he completely blew his post-convention bump. He didn't blow it cause he said he'd make Mexico build a wall, he blew it cause he looked insane. He doesn't look insane now and frankly hasn't for a while (well...week or two). 

This was needless. 

Eh, I don't know. I think "we're going to build a wall (an almost totally useless gesture, outside of being symbolic) and we're going to make Mexico pay for it" is kind of insane. 

Just now, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Eh, I don't know. I think "we're going to build a wall (an almost totally useless gesture, outside of being symbolic) and we're going to make Mexico pay for it" is kind of insane. 

Yet he won a primary with it and he got the usual bump in numbers after his convention. 

I mean, it's easy to forget but going in he wasn't actually being beaten as badly as he was a week after the convention. 

(And he's creating (or has created, by virtue of being an inveterate liar) ambiguity around the whole thing)

4 minutes ago, Castel said:

Yet he won a primary with it and he got the usual bump in numbers after his convention. 

I mean, it's easy to forget but going in he wasn't actually being beaten as badly as he was a week after the convention. 

(And he's creating (or has created, by virtue of being an inveterate liar) ambiguity around the whole thing)

Yeah, I get your point. He's more likely to lose support from his base at this point by having a meeting with the Mexican President than he is to gain support from undecided voters. This has been part and parcel of his campaign since (and even during) the convention though. This has to be the most laughable, amateurish presidential campaign ever run by one of the big two. I don't think it's even close. And we haven't even hit the debates yet! 

On 31/08/2016 at 6:18 AM, Ormond said:

i am reluctant to comment on anyone's ADHD status, especially someone who's already 70 years old, as that term gets overused and overdiagnosed so much.

I'd say its more a case of misunderstood leading to some elements being overused/diagnosed and others overlooked/unnoticed.  There is far too much focus on the hyperactive component and poor mainstream understanding of the other components such as executive functioning difficulties, which can be far more problematic and disruptive to long term life and career plans. Not to mention the gender gap in how its diagnosed in kids, potentially pathologising energetic boys and failing girls with ADHD that don't present hyperactivity.

On August 31, 2016 at 0:51 AM, Ormond said:

And I think you need to be a bit more careful in how you use "y'all", because I don't think I ever implied being subject to this fallacy had anything to do with a lack of intelligence.

People think the use of "y'all" means someone os stupid?  Really?

8 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

He's actually not that far behind anymore. It took longer than expected, which is why a lot of people thought it wouldn't happen, but Clinton's convention bounce finally ended and the polls are basically back to where they were in late July. It looks like its back to maybe a +3 Clinton lead, whereas for most of August it was around +8. For a while it was just the not-so-great polling outfits that were showing the lead dropping, but now the good have started chiming in to.

Thing is, Trump hasn't gained any support, but Clinton has lost quite a bit to both Johnson and Stein. Because of how unmovable Trump's numbers are, I'm still confident in a Clinton win, but she needs to regain those voters who've been leaving her for third parties to make this a comfortable win again.

23 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

People think the use of "y'all" means someone os stupid?  Really?

Read it again Scott.  Ormond is saying he doesn't want to be grouped with whatever was being said, not some commentary on the use of "y'all"

7 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Scalia%20Bro_zpsypkvxkdy.jpg

/On Bizarro World, sure.

I hat to say it, but it is not unpossible right now.  Clinton has not yet put him in that sleeper hold that would make me happy.  That said, GWB is 100% in that he is nowhere near "might actually win" chances right now.

9 minutes ago, BloodRider said:

I hat to say it, but it is not unpossible right now.  Clinton has not yet put him in that sleeper hold that would make me happy.  That said, GWB is 100% in that he is nowhere near "might actually win" chances right now.

Not impossible, sure, but at this point he'd need to keep every state leaning his way (Utah & Arizona), win every tossup state (Florida, Ohio, Georgia, NC, Iowa, & Nevada), and then make headway into at least one of Colorado, Wisconsin, Michigan, PA, Virginia, or New Hampshire.  All this while basically battling the Obama ground game that will focus on mainly those states.

This wouldn't be impossible with a normal campaign that was able to stay on message, ramped up a good ground game in every one of the above states, performed well in every debate, and had the full support of the party.  It would be hard and an unheard of comeback, but not impossible.  Can The Donald do organize something like that over the next couple of months?  I highly, highly doubt it.

Archived