US Elections: CTRL ALT-RIGHT DELETE

all swedes are racist

Just now, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I'd like to take this opportunity to share with you what is perhaps the greatest Mexican food themed pun ever to have been conceived by man.

https://pics.onsizzle.com/Facebook-b36a82.png

/DE NADA

You are beautiful and I love you. Don't tell anyone I said that.

ThinkeX,

I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, but you seem to be doubling down. I assume you haven't spent much time around Latinos/Hispanics. 

First, and this doesn't pertain only to Latinos, I would assume that most people fleeing an authoritarian government for one which guarantees rights and freedoms, wouldn't turn around and want to turn the country they've fled to into an authoritarian government.

As a Latino myself, and not that I represent all Latinos, I would want to know what particular behavior ThinkerX is referring to, other than being conservative and loving dictators, neither of which I exhibit.

ETA: 

Although as a Puerto Rican I haven't been exposed to dictatorships so that may account for my lack of fondness for strong men.

I thought the united state government, created, instated, propped up and maintained every corrupt regime in Latin and South America in the last seventy years, Eisenhower was very big on crushing traditions of democracy and Replacing them with institutions of corruption, right? 

So the corruption @ThinkerX refers to is an alien American originated tradition forcibly imposed on others against their will and not a racially originated tradition inherit in the biochemistry of an excess of darker skin pigments.

12 minutes ago, lokisnow said:

I thought the united state government, created, instated, propped up and maintained every corrupt regime in Latin and South America in the last seventy years, Eisenhower was very big on crushing traditions of democracy and Replacing them with institutions of corruption, right? 

So the corruption @ThinkerX refers to is an alien American originated tradition forcibly imposed on others against their will and not a racially originated tradition inherit in the biochemistry of an excess of darker skin pigments.

Have you read Confessions of an Economic Hitman? Super depressing, but very well written.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confessions_of_an_Economic_Hit_Man

8 hours ago, Altherion said:

There were never enough immigrants from the former USSR and Eastern Europe combined to trigger this sort of reaction. However, earlier waves of immigration which were large enough (e.g. the Irish and German Catholics in the 19th century) were indeed assumed to be a threat due to having the wrong values and provoked a corresponding political response.

And those assumptions were unfounded and racist. As ThinkerX's are.

I think we have chased down that particular racist rabbit hole far enough. No more posts on this, please: we will leave it with Myshkin's eloquent rebuttal: any more posts will be deleted.

6 hours ago, lokisnow said:

With the caveat that I don't support the racist argument:

while the United States deserves a some, probably a lot, maybe even most, of the the blame for corrupt governments in Latin America, it is certainly not responsible for it all. That type of argument always seemed very condescending to me. Other countries have their own agency and are perfectly capable of fucking things up on their own.

40 minutes ago, White Walker Texas Ranger said:

while the United States deserves a some, probably a lot, maybe even most, of the the blame for corrupt governments in Latin America, it is certainly not responsible for it all. That type of argument always seemed very condescending to me. Other countries have their own agency and are perfectly capable of fucking things up on their own.

the normal model has been that interests in the US work covertly with out-groups abroad, who seek assistance to overthrow their local in-groups.  this sort of question is not an issue in elections, so when lefties complain that there's no difference between the parties, this is what is meant.  the CIA-sponsored bloodbath in indonesia occurred during LBJ, for instance, whereas the 1975 one occurred during nixon/ford. as is well known, DDE's CIA assisted local rightwings in coups d'etat in guatemala, albania, and iran, whereas HST's covert arms interfered with european elections in 1948 and oustered the regime in peru.  hard to discern the principle of distinction here.  

2 hours ago, White Walker Texas Ranger said:

With the caveat that I don't support the racist argument:

while the United States deserves a some, probably a lot, maybe even most, of the the blame for corrupt governments in Latin America, it is certainly not responsible for it all.

Isn't this a contradiction? 

2 hours ago, White Walker Texas Ranger said:

That type of argument always seemed very condescending to me. Other countries have their own agency and are perfectly capable of fucking things up on their own.

True, but what are the people supposed to do against a dictatorship that is being supplied with arms by the US? Votes can't outshoot guns. And the US can always find those willing to suppress their own people for monetary gain. e.g. Marco 'Taco Truck on Every Corner' Gutierrez. 

Lastly, the US doesn't support dictators because they get kicks out of mistreating people, it's almost always done on behalf of corporations.

ETA:

It looks like this Marco character is a piece of work. Scamming and taking advantage of his fellow immigrants. 

http://crooksandliars.com/2016/09/surprise-latinos-trump-founder-real-estate

On 9/3/2016 at 10:40 AM, Martell Spy said:

Trump's Millennial Outreach Backfires With Jokes and Memes

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/trumps-millennial-outreach-backfires-jokes-925564

Holy shit.  I saw this earlier, and just assumed the people in the photos were poorly chosen model.  I never realized that was actually the Trump siblings.  Whoever did their hair and makeup should be fired.  What were they thinking?

5 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I'll take insane things Trump said for $600, Alex...

Trump%20God_zps5wgdz9l4.jpg

Is that an actual quote of Trump's?  Because, seriously, that word salad is even biglyer and greater than any jumbled up offering from Palin. In fact, that quote had be one of the greatest, and Trump knows great, great word salad, believe me folks, one the greatest word salads evah!

ZMG!  What does it even mean?   :shocked: 

It seems to me a pretty standard bit of Trump being inarticulate. What he means to say is something along the lines of, look at this beautiful place where we are: I own it, but God created it. He confuses it a bit because he can't help throwing in some boasting about what a brilliant businessman he is, and then he ineptly tries to insert a bit of messaging: but it's not that confusing. It's not even in the top ten of Trump gibberish sentences, for me.

6 minutes ago, mormont said:

It seems to me a pretty standard bit of Trump being inarticulate. What he means to say is something along the lines of, look at this beautiful place where we are: I own it, but God created it. He confuses it a bit because he can't help throwing in some boasting about what a brilliant businessman he is, and then he ineptly tries to insert a bit of messaging: but it's not that confusing. It's not even in the top ten of Trump gibberish sentences, for me.

That's not how I read it, and to me it was gibberish.  This type of incoherent drivel from one who wants to be a the President of the USA, is in my view, well, terrible.  Being a world leader means one must be able to communicate well to the country and the world. 

The erudite, well spoken Obama has been so wonderful to see and hear after George W. Bush and his inarticulate speech.   This type of speaking demeans the speaker and as a representative of the Repub party demeans them as well.  George W. Bush,  Sarah Palin and now Trump.  Inarticulate boobs all of them. 

12 minutes ago, mormont said:

Hmmm, I don't know. If I were really religious, I have to think I'd be kind of offended. It's like "look at this majesty that God created. And I own it." 

I think he's putting himself above God, which I imagine is kind of his default. I'm not sure it's very smart to vocalize that thought.

Archived