The Deeper Dorne by Preston Jacobs

3 hours ago, Scorpion92 said:

What do you guys think about his latest video where he makes a good case about Doran not supporting Quentyn's quest at all, and that marriage pact between Viserys and Arianne was actually never a real thing?

I liked it, it made a lot of sense to me and didn't require a lot of mental gymnastics to understand.

I'm actually super excited about his Yronwood video

3 hours ago, coolsaladgirl93 said:

I liked it, it made a lot of sense to me and didn't require a lot of mental gymnastics to understand.

I'm actually super excited about his Yronwood video

Yeah, though I wonder what Anders Yronwood is up to, by all accounts, he is like Dornish "Roose Bolton". And there are lots of textual evidence that George might give Martells "Stark" treatment. Dany is coming to Westeros soon, and by all accounts it seems she will oppose Dorne and Aegon. Dorne as a region has many parallels and actually is a mirror image of the North according to TWOIAF. So my guess is that Dany will invade Dorne with Dothraki horde - a tribe that will not be deterred from fighting in desert and generally hot climate. Dorne is a perfect territory I can foresee Dothraki to settle in.

Kinda the mirror situation of Jon bringing wildlings into the North (Narrow Sea is kinda the Wall in this situation). Once Dany is done with Martells, Sunspear and Water Gardens, she might install House Yronwood as new Lord Paramounts of Dorne, by advice of Tyrion Lannister, who is very educated and knows Dornish history (about Bloodroyal title, about how they used to rule Dorne before Nymeria's invasion, etc.). Especially if Myrcella ends up being the victim of Dornish plots, the niece the Imp loves. There is one small "dwarfed" textual connection between Tyrion and Yronwoods (kudos to Fire Eater).

So yeah, definitely want to see if Preston will mention any of these suspicions.

Archived