Is there an Orys Baratheon Reborn?

MinotaurWarrior

Rhaegar was trying to make Aegon into a super prophecy baby. Common theory states that he took Lyanna to give Aegon a younger half sister to lust over, as the third head of the dragon. Is it possible that Rhaegar also tried to give Aegon a bastard half-brother BFF commander?

Such a child would need to have been conceived after Aegon was born, and wouldn't neccessarily have Targaryen coloring (Orys didn't).

48 minutes ago, MinotaurWarrior said:

Rhaegar was trying to make Aegon into a super prophecy baby. Common theory states that he took Lyanna to give Aegon a younger half sister to lust over, as the third head of the dragon.

I'm sorry. The way you just wrote it is priceless. It had me laughing for a minute there. Super prophecy baby... younger half sister to lust over. Most ironic is that this time around Rhaenys is the older and Visenya would be the younger sister. Imagine how Rhaegar would react had he lived the Battle of the Trident and saw that "Visenya" turned out to be a boy. He would probably think the baby is Visenya reborn being spiteful of the past and decided to be a man this time around. XD

48 minutes ago, MinotaurWarrior said:

Is it possible that Rhaegar also tried to give Aegon a bastard half-brother BFF commander?

Maybe? Perhaps the BFF half brother would actually be his child through Lyanna and the "Visenya" would still be another child from Elia. Rhaegar was just letting his wife recover and just went on having his "Orys" first but then the plan went pear shaped. Again, the irony of it since his "Orys" became a bastard (Snow), half-brother (Stark children), BFF (Robb & Arya), commander (NW). Too bad it's all for the wrong people.

Good ol' too much time waiting for the next book topic... Who knows?! 

2 hours ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

We are not sure if Orys was Aegon's brother. In any case he needed the three headed dragon not a common dragonseed.

I'm 99% sure he is JQC and imo not well loved by their father since he was the swordmaster of the 4 and neither BF or DS were given to him... Ifhe wasn't it would be discussed more in the books, it was stated and not really researched much and actually reforced in twoiaf... It makes sense, but, who knows... and i agree a bastard that far removed would not be part of rhaeman's dreams

Just now, Laughing Storm Reborn said:

I'm 99% sure he is JQC... If not it would be discussed more in the books, it was stated and not really researched much and actually reforced in twoiaf... It makes sense... and i agree a bastard that far removed would not be part of rhaeman's dreams

The Durrandons are the descendants of Gods and way too good to have their blood contaminated with those inbred insane tyrants.

2 hours ago, Laughing Storm Reborn said:

Good ol' too much time waiting for the next book topic... Who knows?! 

I'm 99% sure he is JQC and imo not well loved by their father since he was the swordmaster of the 4 and neither BF or DS were given to him... Ifhe wasn't it would be discussed more in the books, it was stated and not really researched much and actually reforced in twoiaf... It makes sense, but, who knows... and i agree a bastard that far removed would not be part of rhaeman's dreams

Are you also sure that Robb Stark turned into a wolf and began slaughtering innocent Freys in Lord Walders hall? 

30 minutes ago, Dorian Martell said:

Are you also sure that Robb Stark turned into a wolf and began slaughtering innocent Freys in Lord Walders hall? 

Evidently not but it's too different cases we know Robb has a direwolf, Orys was Aegon's best friend, the only one he trusted even above his sisters, came with them to conquer, no one else was mentioned by name aside those 4 (cannon fodder), there´s more to believe he is their brother than the contrary, what's the point of doing so and not explore it if it's false? for that george would simply say Orys was aegon's best friend and best commander... not imply sibling bonds and then not work on it like it's some mistery fans would scream for, it´s not THAT important and if it were the world book would mistify it, instead it reforced the notion (grrm is not going to touch on that anymore in asoiaf imo)

10 minutes ago, Laughing Storm Reborn said:

Evidently not but it's too different cases we know Robb has a direwolf, Orys was Aegon's best friend, the only one he trusted even above his sisters, came with them to conquer, no one else was mentioned by name aside those 4 (cannon fodder), there´s more to believe he is their brother than the contrary, what's the point of doing so and not explore it if it's false? for that george would simply say Orys was aegon's best friend and best commander... not imply sibling bonds and then not work on it like it's some mistery fans would scream for, it´s not THAT important and if it were the world book would mistify it, instead it reforced the notion (grrm is not going to touch on that anymore in asoiaf imo)

I was more curious about the 99% sure comment. Orys being a targ bastard has been mentioned less than Robb being a lycanthrope 

1 hour ago, Dorian Martell said:

Didn't he? I don't know how to search for it, but I could have sworn there was a reasonably reliable source for Grey Wind taking a few men down with him before the story got misinterpreted as Robb physically transforming into a wolf.

1 hour ago, Dorian Martell said:

I was more curious about the 99% sure comment. Orys being a targ bastard has been mentioned less than Robb being a lycanthrope 

yes, because it's 300 years in the past and Robb is a pov character

i'm sure because it wasn´t necessary to have that connection between them if not to be explored further, yes grrm can write in WOW someone saying "bah, that's horsecrap" but i doubt it, in fact i can bet he won´t even touch the subject anymore... it makes sense the rumour is true, because of their close bond, it would be perfectly fine to say he was just a friend and commander, why a bastard brother? and why the world book states the same instead of discrediting the link? it was a good chance to dispute the subject... george is not going to pull the rug on us about it, it's not that important... and it makes perfect sense, brother, best friend of an extremely lonely guy, hand of the king... in my mind i never doubted he wrote the brother part so we could better understand the bond (he could have written something like renly-loras to hint a sexual relation, nope he did the brother link but much more direct and quick because there's no time for guys dead 300 years before the books)

Archived