New Mutants Movie Character Lineup Announced

Manhole Eunuchsbane

the concept doesn't really excite me as I'm not sure it really distinguishes itself from X-men that much - the films have always had the school and the younger generation of mutants a key part of the franchise.

I guess the addition of Warlock and Magick means there's a chance they'll explore alien and magical sides of the x-universe. Hopefully as separate movie installments though!

The article seems to talk about Douglock more than Warlock though. I'm not sure they can do the Douglock version without having Cipher present at some stage in the film. Visually Warlock is pretty cool IMO especially if it leads to us see the Phalanx on screen.

Still, I'd rather see X-force, or the detective take on X-factor as a spin-off

2 hours ago, red snow said:

I guess the addition of Warlock and Magick means there's a chance they'll explore alien and magical sides of the x-universe. Hopefully as separate movie installments though!

The article seems to talk about Douglock more than Warlock though. I'm not sure they can do the Douglock version without having Cipher present at some stage in the film. Visually Warlock is pretty cool IMO especially if it leads to us see the Phalanx on screen.

Wondering whether or not this might kickoff with the Demon Bear Saga, as that is more or less the lineup of the team for that storyline. That could be cool. 

Don't know too much about New Mutants really, my only experience of them was any crossovers they had with Xmen back in the day,  Illyana  being Colossus' sister. But I found that stuff to be intensely psychadelic and kind of interesting. No idea if its actually like that.

My fear is that this movie will just do the standard Teen Superhero stuff which I find deeply uninteresting and tired. Was kind of lame in the Xmen movies and will be lame here.

16 minutes ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

Don't know too much about New Mutants really, my only experience of them was any crossovers they had with Xmen back in the day,  Illyana  being Colossus' sister. But I found that stuff to be intensely psychadelic and kind of interesting. No idea if its actually like that.

My fear is that this movie will just do the standard Teen Superhero stuff which I find deeply uninteresting and tired. Was kind of lame in the Xmen movies and will be lame here.

I think the goal is very much to go for the Hunger games demographic.

Not necessarily a bad thing and the fact it isn't by Singer means there may be a fresh take on things. But as I've said it's not the most original of the X-men spin-offs.

I'm also not that familiar with the classic New mutants series but i think it was well regarded although it was in the era where Claremont started having numerous never-ending storylines. The Demon Bear saga looks good though.

5 hours ago, red snow said:

I'm also not that familiar with the classic New mutants series but i think it was well regarded although it was in the era where Claremont started having numerous never-ending storylines. The Demon Bear saga looks good though.

Yeah, it was pretty damn good. Much of that had to do with the Sienkiewicz pencils, which really added a nice psychedelic touch. I can see the Hunger Games angle, as their was a real life and death stakes feel to that storyline. 

Archived