Werthead

The Realm of the Elderlings by Robin Hobb

168 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Calibandar said:

Does anyone recall what uses of The Wit / what animals there were in Fool's Quest and Fool's Assassin?

I'm working on a list of sorts. Think there was more use of it by characters in Fool's Quest.

I'm only 67% through Quest

Assassin: Web brought his bird with him to Winterfest at WIthywoods in the opening.  Bee talking to the cat at Withywoods.  Fitz talking to Shepherd Lin's dog.  Fitz talking to the dog in town as it dies.

Quest:  Fitz talking to the cat at Withywoods.  Fitz and Fleeter.  Dutiful's hound and Civil's lynx playing together as Civil informs Fitz that they have discovered Bee's location from a Wit bounded raven and merlin.

Thanks. I thought there is more to come but won't mention it or you'd be spoiled.

On 4/22/2017 at 9:01 AM, Calibandar said:

Thanks. I thought there is more to come but won't mention it or you'd be spoiled.

Finished.  And, damn am I ever glad I waited!  A 17 day wait is much more palatable than a 22 month wait.

He also sent to a bear, but there was no response.  Fleeter decided to accept Patience, a stable girl in Buckkeep, as a partner.  And Motley, of course, but there's never actually any proof of her witting to Per which I why I didn't mention her the first time.  And there was mention of Kettricken trying to find a partner, but still hasn't.

I hope Hobb isn't teasing us with Wolf-Father waking one of the stone dragons!

I have it. It's all turquoise and gold and shiny.

Also going to a Robin Hobb talk on the 5th. :)

Finish the new book. I'll post no spoilers at this early stage but just say that yet again Robin Hobb managed to reduce me to tears. That ending hit hard.

On 03/05/2017 at 6:32 PM, Slick Mongoose said:

I have it. It's all turquoise and gold and shiny.

Also going to a Robin Hobb talk on the 5th. :)

I was there! I wish the mic didn't play up as she was in the midst of a story of raising a wolf cub, but still it was a very good talk I thought. 

I finished assassin's fate this morning after trying not to rush it. I won't spoil it but I have to say I'm still not ok! It was all it should be, everything was always building up to this end. 

Who else here has finished? I need to release this emo out on someone!

There is a thread already made for people who want to discuss the new book. This one is still read by us poor souls without the book, please do not spoil us. ;)

3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

There is a thread already made for people who want to discuss the new book. This one is still read by us poor souls without the book, please do not spoil us. ;)

Just found it, thanks!