old gods south of the neck

house of dayne

The wiki says in the entry of House Blackwood that they were one of the few houses below the Neck to worship the Old Gods. But in the Old Gods entry it says that they're the only.

I guess currently, they are the only house left. After the Andal invasion, there were a few, but now there's only one.

The wiki also says that there were multiple converts from the Faith. The one we know of is of course Sam Tarly.

It's curious that there is actually a Godswood at the Red Keep.   These things don't just spring up in a couple of decades.   It's probably safe to assume it's been there for a very long time, leading me to believe the Targs may have had some respect for northern gods.   If not the Targs, who would cultivate a godswood? 

On 8/28/2016 at 1:17 PM, Curled Finger said:

It's curious that there is actually a Godswood at the Red Keep.   These things don't just spring up in a couple of decades.   It's probably safe to assume it's been there for a very long time, leading me to believe the Targs may have had some respect for northern gods.   If not the Targs, who would cultivate a godswood? 

Godswoods are considered a "Thing" for westerosi castles, even knew ones. There are no weirwoods in the red keep as it was built well after the andal invasion 

On 28/08/2016 at 2:17 PM, Curled Finger said:

It's curious that there is actually a Godswood at the Red Keep.   

A Game of Thrones - Catelyn I

The Tullys kept a godswood, as all the great houses did, but it was only a place to walk or read or lie in the sun. Worship was for the sept.

Archived