WorldCon Helsinki 2017 - Attendance list p1!

20 minutes ago, LugaJetboyGirl-irra said:

Seriously, why is it so hard to get flights from Athens to Helsinki?? Everything takes like 14 hours. I've tried all the major travel websites. Do any of you Euro folks have any ideas for the best airline to use (that is reasonably inexpensive)?

https://e-travel.letalske.si/usi/ATH/HEL/07.08.2017-14.08.2017/1/0/0/rt

^ Not sure this link for you and shows the site in English, but it says that something called Aegean offers direct flights that take less than 4 hours.

Otherwise, I am flying with Finnair.

Anyway, I saw some questions about t-shirts here already ... will there be t-shirts? ;)

I'm flying from Düsseldorf to Helsinki with Finn-Air.

Norwegian Air International and others have flights from Athens to Helsinki for more or less reasonable prices.

But, as you've said. A lot of these flights take ages. Or they cost a lot of money. :/

For those who can handles multiple flights (ie. don't have fucked up ears like I do), you can always go to Estonia and take the ferry or another flight / go to Poland with LOT airlines and take a connection flight / same thing with Sweden or Denmark. :)

I'm so exciting to see several of you again and meet others for the first time. It has been too long since London 2014 or TitanCon 2012 (NEXT YEAR, I PROMISE! NEXT YEAR FOR SURE!). :D

The real+ Mr Pebble and I will be going on Wednesdays Suomenlinna Fortress tour.  I have been reassured that even if we mis the first ferry back we will be in Helsinki before 11:30   Which gives the real Mr Pebble plenty of time, we may even be able to share a spot of lunch together before he has to head off and catch his plane home.

+ I have been informed that there may be a Fake Mr Pebble attending Worldcon this year.   Do not be fooled if you meet him, one has far more hair than the other.

The real+ Mr Pebble and I will be going on Wednesdays Suomenlinna Fortress tour.  I have been reassured that even if we mis the first ferry back we will be in Helsinki before 11:30   Which gives the real Mr Pebble plenty of time, we may even be able to share a spot of lunch together before he has to head off and catch his plane home.

+ I have been informed that there may be a Fake Mr Pebble attending Worldcon this year.   Do not be fooled if you meet him, one has far more hair than the other.

2 hours ago, Pebble said:

Yay!

On 7/16/2017 at 7:30 PM, LugaJetboyGirl-irra said:

Seriously, why is it so hard to get flights from Athens to Helsinki?? Everything takes like 14 hours. I've tried all the major travel websites. Do any of you Euro folks have any ideas for the best airline to use (that is reasonably inexpensive)?

I had a look at this at work.  Surprisingly few flights to Helsinki from Athens.  Not sure why the Finns don't like Athens!  Norwegian flies once a week on a Saturday and Aegean flies twice a week on a Monday and Friday.  The cheapest option (that doesn't take forever) seems to be KLM on skyscanner.com or kayak.com.  Still 7 hours but given it isn't in the right direction, not that bad really.

And there is only 1 direct flight a week to Tallinn from Athens (Friday with Aegean).

Otherwise, i'm having a look at that tour also!

Archived