WorldCon Helsinki 2017 - Attendance list p1!

Starting to get a bit worried about this airport queuing thing... anyone headed out through Gatwick recently? Is arriving there 2 hours in advance as usual enough right now (already checked in, hand-luggage only), or is it worth getting even less sleep?

For those who were wondering about braving the public transport late at night: I did not have any problem and got on the bus half an hour after I landed. Bus stops are very near the exit if you exit through terminal 2. There is a ticket machine at in the room for baggage claim and another at the bus stop that I used, I guess there must be others too.

It took about half an hour to get near Messukeskus from the airport by bus.

10 hours ago, TitanCat said:

Starting to get a bit worried about this airport queuing thing... anyone headed out through Gatwick recently? Is arriving there 2 hours in advance as usual enough right now (already checked in, hand-luggage only), or is it worth getting even less sleep?

I thought the problem was departing Schengen countries to non Schengen countries?  Leaving UK is fine.  Leaving Finland could theoretically be a problem but I believe the real problems are in the big holiday destinations like in Spain.

Certainly no changes visible leaving Ireland.  I arrived a hour before.

12 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

For those who were wondering about braving the public transport late at night: I did not have any problem and got on the bus half an hour after I landed. Bus stops are very near the exit if you exit through terminal 2. There is a ticket machine at in the room for baggage claim and another at the bus stop that I used, I guess there must be others too.

It took about half an hour to get near Messukeskus from the airport by bus.

Thanks for this info! ❤️❤️❤️

Currently planning to meet Samantha at Messuskus around then and figure out some kind of plan! 

5 minutes ago, Padraig said:

Is there a plan for tonight?  I will be in Helsinki around 6:45pm.

2 hours ago, Filippa Eilhart said:

there's usually no passport checks at all on the way out of the UK. they don't care who leaves the country :P

There definitely wasn't one in Düsseldorf. Which surprised me a little.

But it's probably a Schengen thing.

1 hour ago, Wolfgang I said:

The weather is nice today... It's way too hot back home.

Oh yeah. I read about that.

We had nowhere near this kind of heat up here.

I'm waiting for boarding. Which is 1h 45min away. :eyeroll:

Archived