Xray the Enforcer

WorldCon Helsinki 2017 - Attendance list p1!

377 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Cuellar said:

I'm in of course. PM me or send me a note on Facebook and will give you my phone number if interested. I get in Thursday though and am at sokos torni. 

 

Ran - how do we get your autograph on our world of ice and fire book?  You have a signing time or should I just ambush you and Linda?

We've suggested we have a signing sessions somewhere in conjunction with one of George's, perhaps in the hour after, but regardless of whether that gets sorted or not we'll be happy to sign books pretty much whenever and wherever. :)

 

If we do get an official signing session, will make a point of noting it here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey guys, i would just like to sneak in and say that i am running asoiaf trivia quiz on thursday night (8-10pm), so if you're around, feel free to swing by and answer some questions. it will be totally very much fun. maybe. i hope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lada said:

hey guys, i would just like to sneak in and say that i am running asoiaf trivia quiz on thursday night (8-10pm), so if you're around, feel free to swing by and answer some questions. it will be totally very much fun. maybe. i hope.

I can vouch for Lada. :love:

Even if she has only six posts here. :P:P:P

 

I put the quiz on my schedule, Lada. :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ran said:

We've suggested we have a signing sessions somewhere in conjunction with one of George's, perhaps in the hour after, but regardless of whether that gets sorted or not we'll be happy to sign books pretty much whenever and wherever. :)

 

If we do get an official signing session, will make a point of noting it here.

 

Sounds good!  This book is single handedly making me go from no checked luggage to checked luggage, so wanted to make sure! Getting George's autograph is easy, Ran's? Not so much...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Adz of CCAA said:

I can vouch for Lada. :love:

Even if she has only six posts here. :P:P:P

 

I put the quiz on my schedule, Lada. :)

 

thank you .) 

... and that's because this forum is intimidating .P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23.7.2017 at 11:38 AM, Adz of CCAA said:

Oh, I completely forgot about that. 

Have you booked it yet, @Alytha?

Not yet, we might just spontaneously show up there, although it'd be a bit more expensive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Alytha said:

Not yet, we might just spontaneously show up there, although it'd be a bit more expensive.

I haven't booked it either. Not sure about my volunteer schedule yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll vouch for @Lada as well. The quiz night should be good fun :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/07/2017 at 10:50 AM, SamanthaofHodorsfield said:

Right - myself and Wert have been looking at the schedule, and barring any additions of epic coolness that can't possibly be missed, we are looking at going to Tallinn on the Thursday.

Obviously, the more the merrier.

I've just came back from Tallinn - IT IS BEAUTIFUL AND I CAN'T RECOMMEND IT ENOUGH!!! And cheap - very cheap! :wub::wub::wub:

On 28/07/2017 at 4:29 PM, Lada said:

hey guys, i would just like to sneak in and say that i am running asoiaf trivia quiz on thursday night (8-10pm), so if you're around, feel free to swing by and answer some questions. it will be totally very much fun. maybe. i hope.

We'll totally be there :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2017 at 6:59 PM, Werthead said:

I'll vouch for @Lada as well. The quiz night should be good fun :)

i have vero helping. well. "helping". so yes, should be, haha!

 

1 hour ago, Little Miss Sunshine said:

We'll totally be there :D

yay! .)

 

... also, this whole board thing is very confusing because i know some of you from rl but not from here, sooo if i mess up names and nicknames and all, i apologise in advance .))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Lada said:

 

... also, this whole board thing is very confusing because i know some of you from rl but not from here, sooo if i mess up names and nicknames and all, i apologise in advance .))

And I hope I'm better at this quiz than at the one we took part in while AMMR and I were in Dublin ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there already some sort of a schedule of this forum's members' meet-up, meet and greet, whatever that is planned? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have booked my flights. Arriving Wednesday around noon, leaving on Tuesday! (This is all a bit last-minute. Accommodation still not confirmed.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Is there already some sort of a schedule of this forum's members' meet-up, meet and greet, whatever that is planned? :)

No, nothing yet. :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Is there already some sort of a schedule of this forum's members' meet-up, meet and greet, whatever that is planned? :)

Fragile Bird, AMMR and I will arrive on Monday afternoon, and we're pretty much open to having dinner/drinks with BwBers that are already in town :) 

Edited by Little Miss Sunshine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am arriving on Monday late in the evening, so Monday will not work for me, but Tuesday will. :) I will probably be exploring the city and will have time to meet with you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having survived a minor* scare when I couldn't find my passport for 24 hours and thought I was going to have to reschedule, I'll be there on Tuesday, leaving Sunday afternoon.

I know we've discussed before but what will the alcohol situation be like? How pricey are we talking? I've invested in a decent bottle of single malt to bring, obviously, but should I acquire another? Is bringing vodka to Finland a coals-to-Newcastle situation or a valuable money-saver?

 

*major

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mormont said:

Having survived a minor* scare when I couldn't find my passport for 24 hours and thought I was going to have to reschedule, I'll be there on Tuesday, leaving Sunday afternoon.

I know we've discussed before but what will the alcohol situation be like? How pricey are we talking? I've invested in a decent bottle of single malt to bring, obviously, but should I acquire another? Is bringing vodka to Finland a coals-to-Newcastle situation or a valuable money-saver?

 

*major

I understand alcohol is very expensive in Finland. 1 litre of spirits, 4 litres of wine or 16 litres of beer is the limit if you are 20 or older,18 if beer or wine less than 22%.

Because X-ray is not there I don't think any parties or get-togethers have been organized. I think we need to talk once we get there. We will register on Tuesday, maybe we can suss out a good meeting area to gather in during the con, and identify a bar/restaurant or two. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

I understand alcohol is very expensive in Finland. 1 litre of spirits, 4 litres of wine or 16 litres of beer is the limit if you are 20 or older,18 if beer or wine less than 22%.

Because X-ray is not there I don't think any parties or get-togethers have been organized. I think we need to talk once we get there. We will register on Tuesday, maybe we can suss out a good meeting area to gather in during the con, and identify a bar/restaurant or two. :)

The important question is - is Targ bringing the karaoke stuff??????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now