WorldCon Helsinki 2017 - Attendance list p1!

9 hours ago, Peadar said:

This is a good idea. I don't drink, but might be able to squeeze in a bottle if somebody reminds me closer to the time...

You'll do anything to avoid paying for airfare, won't you? :P

Damn it's already late June I need to get a room.

Edit: Got an apartment 3 km(bus and tram stops are nearby) from the convention center. I'm staying from the 8th until the 15th. 

It got a double bed (180cm), which can be separated into two beds if anyone needs a place to stay and wants to share.

Peadar can vouch for me... :P  

Oh dear. Can't edit that, can't delete. Help?

I was trying to quote Samantha's question about arriving on train and getting to Ava, always got an error message and then it posted that.

But to Samantha: Get off at Pasila station, it is closer to your hotel. Then take tram 7A and get off at Rautalammintie stop. 

On 21/06/2017 at 9:17 AM, Wolfgang I said:

Damn it's already late June I need to get a room.

Edit: Got an apartment 3 km(bus and tram stops are nearby) from the convention center. I'm staying from the 8th until the 15th. 

It got a double bed (180cm), which can be separated into two beds if anyone needs a place to stay and wants to share.

Peadar can vouch for me... :P  

I can, but I might decide not to ;)

It will be great to see you, all the same.

Yay! Luzi!!! Looking forward to seeing you! :love::love:  :love:

And everyone else, of course! :grouphug:

Because I'm stupid I only arrive on Thursday afternoon. :crying:

I'll check if I can change my incoming flight.

Edit:

Changed my flight! Incoming Tuesday evening now! :D

On 22/06/2017 at 5:53 PM, Sini said:

Oh dear. Can't edit that, can't delete. Help?

I was trying to quote Samantha's question about arriving on train and getting to Ava, always got an error message and then it posted that.

But to Samantha: Get off at Pasila station, it is closer to your hotel. Then take tram 7A and get off at Rautalammintie stop. 

Thanks Sini, but according to this, there isn't a stop in Pasila anymore; the last before Helsinki is Tikkurila. So I'm assuming that I need to stay on and get off in Helsinki, yes, and that getting off at Tikkurila will not help me in the slightest?

Also, @Adz of CCAA - Phil mentioned that you were perhaps looking for accommodation, and a bed has come available in my apartment as Phil can't come anymore. I've got it booked from Tues 8th August to Monday 14th; it is 172Euros (payable in Helsinki) for the stay. It's at Hotel Ava and we are in the 3 bedroom apartment: which you can have a looksie at here

The kitchenette in it looks very basic; it should be good enough for breakfast stuff, but other meals it does like we'll be eating out.

On Invalid Date at 4:51 PM, Peadar said:

I can, but I might decide not to ;)

It will be great to see you, all the same.

You are wise beyond your years.

Looking forward to it. Although the fact that you are sharing a room with another person will not be forgotten! :P

On Invalid Date at 1:50 PM, Adz of CCAA said:

Yay! Luzi!!! Looking forward to seeing you! :love::love:  :love:

The feeling is mutal. :)

10 hours ago, Wolfgang I said:

You are wise beyond your years.

Looking forward to it. Although the fact that you are sharing a room with another person will not be forgotten! :P

The feeling is mutal. :)

You're so bitter! I thought having a dog would improve your foul temper ;)

On 30/06/2017 at 7:25 PM, Adz of CCAA said:

:love::love::love:

It's been way too long. ^_^

I'm guessing you missed my earlier message, so I'll post it again:

Also, @Adz of CCAA - Phil mentioned that you were perhaps looking for accommodation, and a bed has come available in my apartment as Phil can't come anymore. I've got it booked from Tues 8th August to Monday 14th; it is 172Euros (payable in Helsinki) for the stay. It's at Hotel Ava and we are in the 3 bedroom apartment: which you can have a looksie at here

The kitchenette in it looks very basic; it should be good enough for breakfast stuff, but other meals it does like we'll be eating out.

If you've got accom sorted out, then don't worry, I just didn't want you to miss out because you simply missed my post.

12 hours ago, SamanthaofHodorsfield said:

I'm guessing you missed my earlier message, so I'll post it again:

If you've got accom sorted out, then don't worry, I just didn't want you to miss out because you simply missed my post.

I remember @Lyanna Stark was looking for somewhere to stay earlier in this thread, although she might have found somewhere by now.

16 hours ago, williamjm said:

I remember @Lyanna Stark was looking for somewhere to stay earlier in this thread, although she might have found somewhere by now.

Yeah, I know of a few people that were looking a while back, I just wanted to check with Adz first as Phil spoke to her about it in Dortmund.

I hope this works now. I seem to have problems on the site with Safari on Mac...

Samantha, we just found out that the tram lines 7A and 7B will not be running during the con because they are tearing down the old Pasila railway station. Guess the train won't stop there for the same reason... All the other trains do though!

From the city center it is not so easy to find a good route, buses are your best option. I recommend getting the Reittiopas app which will show you on the map and the route the buses are travelling. The hotel says that from platform 1, take any of the buses 62, 64 or 66 ; from platform 3 bus 72 or from platform 4 bus 67.

Archived