Westeros Dynasty 2016

grozeng

19 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

So what's the rule for editing contracts that were already posted? I'm assuming what Bronn posted upthread was legit. That we can edit up until the point that the last team posts their contracts. I just changed Taylor Gabriel from 4 years to 1 year if this is not the case, I will switch it back.

We don't want to discourage early posting of contracts.  You can edit your post up until the deadline.

22 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

We don't want to discourage early posting of contracts.  You can edit your post up until the deadline.

Cool. That's what I figured, but I didn't want anyone to think I was trying to pull a fast one. ;) 

Really enjoy this format and I'd like to stay in ya'lls good graces.

7 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

I am against an IR slot of any sort that wasn't pre-announced but my objection is much, much milder if a player who was on IR when the draft happened is not eligible.  No Meredith, Ware, Tannehill, etc.  Even though Tannehill went undrafted.

I thought we had discussed it last year, but went through the thread and did not see it.  So what do people think?  I don't see the harm if people have to be placed on IR week 1 or later.

2 minutes ago, grozeng said:

I thought we had discussed it last year, but went through the thread and did not see it.  So what do people think?  I don't see the harm if people have to be placed on IR week 1 or later.

I want it in any form this season. One of the major differences I've already noticed for this league is how hard it is (And this is a feature in my opinion, not a bug) to use the waiver wire. I think an IR here would make it at least a little more palatable to take a chance on a waiver move.

With the

43 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I’m for an IR slot, but it should only apply to guys on people’s week one rosters who weren’t injured prior to the season. That seems like a fair compromise to me.

Do we want to be a bit more generous with waiver pickups who are on IR but may be subject to return later in the year?

Not sure, though I am sure we don't want the slots to be used for players already hurt when they are picked up - including those who are picked up early in the week and go on IR a day or two later because of an injury already known.

Lastly, I'd like to remind folks, while it is still moot, in this league, once a player is cut, his contract evaporates and cannot be assumed by another owner.  This is different from Keeper, where a player keeps his draft position even if dropped (that rule is in place to prevent an owner from improving the keeper slot for a player by waiving him).

OK, the rule we are deciding on would be:  IR slot for anyone injured post draft during week 1.  So you can put David Johnson on the IR but not Spencer Ware.  And you can't pick up a player to stash on the IR.  It's really meant as relief if one of your long term contracts gets hurt.  How about they need to have been drafted or on your roster and X number of weeks before an IR spot can be used.

Yes - Tywin, ME, grozeng

No - Bronn

Edited by grozeng

Contracts here please.

28 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Do I need to start canvassing for No votes?

Unlike trades, I am counting abstains as Nos essentially.  We need 6 Yes votes to make this change since it is in-season.

We have 4 yes - me, ME, Tywin, Scuba

1 No - Jace

2 abstain - Bronn and Jaxom

So we need 2 of Blu-Ray, Race  and Lord Dracarys to say Yes for an IR slot to happen