Westeros Dynasty 2016

grozeng

9 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

If Davis gets healthy, I think he's going to be a beast. 

4 minutes ago, grozeng said:

He is someone I really wanted in this league.  I am thinking I should have asked for Kamara too though looking at your roster, but felt bad that I was offline for like 2 days and wanted to get this done before the games tomorrow.

Just realized this could also potentially change things in that I was projected to score more than Race this week and now I am not.

ACKNOWLEDGE MY GREIVENCES!

4 minutes ago, grozeng said:

He is someone I really wanted in this league.  I am thinking I should have asked for Kamara too though looking at your roster, but felt bad that I was offline for like 2 days and wanted to get this done before the games tomorrow.

Just realized this could also potentially change things in that I was projected to score more than Race this week and now I am not.

Don't think I would've done Kamara too. I need some building blocks going forward.

1 minute ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Don't think I would've done Kamara too. I need some building blocks going forward.

Yeah, you would really have had to be all in for this year.  But Brees and Bell should have been worth it.  And for those wondering, I did shop Brees around (and Bell too) to see if anyone was interested.  If Brees was not on Bye last week, he probably would be on Bronn's team right now.  With Cam heating up and Bronn not needing him anymore, I wanted to pull off the trade sooner rather than later.

I am amused by the Yahoo site right now.  It shows me a 6% chance of winning tonight.

Jaxom has two remaining players and I have none.  He LEADS me right now by 1.22 points.  Ergo, Yahoo thinks there is a 6% chance that those two players will COMBINE for -1.25 or more.  The only way I see it happening is if early in the game, Terrelle Pryor and Jordan Reed collide in the backfield so hard both are out of the game AND they fumble, recovered by the Eagles.

14 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

It's what makes it really sad when some people, who shall remain nameless, crow about their post-draft grade.

@Tywin et al.

6-1.

And last time I checked, I beat you by nearly 100 points.

4 hours ago, grozeng said:

Wow, Ajayi to the Eagles.  Like that for $1 next year.

Crap, guess I am now a fan of my hometown Eagles with Wentz, Ertz and Ajayi.

Yeah, I have to imagine that improves his value considerably. I'd better take all the marbles this season or that trade is going to look bad for me.

• 2 weeks later...

The more I think about it, the less I want to go in to next season with 3 TE.   I have the following deals:

Delanie Walker $2 - 1 more year
Kyle Rudolph $3 - 3 more years
Evan Engram $3 - 3 more years

My strong preference is to keep Engram.  I don't expect much in return if you want a long term deal for one of the others.  Of course, since the hit I'd take dropping either is only a buck, I can't give them away for absolutely nothing.

From the NFL thread in Entertainment....

3 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

My Dynasty team is a mess. Why did I get handed this garbage? I feel like going forward, if an owner relinquishes their team then their players’ contracts should be null and void and they should go back into the draft. The person who owned this team before me had no idea what they were doing. And of course, my one good contract, again Watson, had his knee explode. Great…

I think the idea of giving a replacement owner the option of taking over an existing franchise or being granted a new one has merit.  All or nothing though.

Edited by Bronn Stone

I don;t know, Wilson, Carr, Tevin Coleman, Bilal Powell, Fuller and Marvin Jones are pretty good contracts.  Dropping bad contracts for a $7 or $8 penalty is not horrible.  Allen Robinson is not bad either given where people thought he would be.

Maybe we allow the owner 2 free drops to get rid of big contracts?  I don't like the idea of giving someone $200 and a blank slate to buy anyone.  If they play their cards right they can get all the good people available and then the cheap people at the end with that much money.