The Strain season 3 (Spoilers)

Corvinus85

10 minutes ago, Martini Sigil said:

....So is the worm that escape into the sewer the actual Master?

....The Gus sub-plot is unbearably dumb.

.... Which came first, the Strain, or Blade?... because the Quintas origin story is really similar...

.... Eff is aptly named.... because he's the luckiest Effing character in all of fiction.

Blade came first. The Strain was only published in 2009. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2016 at 4:49 PM, Corvinus said:

With these things, it's usually if evil gets its hands on it, it will mean certain doom. So the Master may be able to use it, too, for his own purpose. But still, photocopies could be handy for one who loses the Lumin.

I have to wonder at what point does a "principal" servant of the Master gets the cool superspeed, because Kelly running desperately with the book was hilarious.

This show is so entertaining, particularly when it does something ridiculous like the two items I bolded above.  You KNOW they had a copy machine in that big building they were hanging out in.  Heck, it has an industrial sized kitchen.  How hard would it be to turn on the copier and make one copy of the book before stealing it?

Kelly's run with the book was so odd.  She looked like a normal human being.  There was nothing supernatural about that.  I wondered at the time if someone forgot to add special effects to that footage or something.

They made copies! In my book this season is a complete success already just because of that.  Bonus points that they kind of sort of pulled Dutch's hair back for a lot of the time she was working with the strigoi.  It's so irritating when they have these parasitic worms flying everywhere and the makeup department has characters running around with their hair flying every which way.  

1 hour ago, Dr. Pepper said:

They made copies! In my book this season is a complete success already just because of that.  Bonus points that they kind of sort of pulled Dutch's hair back for a lot of the time she was working with the strigoi.  It's so irritating when they have these parasitic worms flying everywhere and the makeup department has characters running around with their hair flying every which way.  

Ha, I was thinking about this thread when I saw the copies. But as was speculated the real did book did contain some stuff that could not be copied, so good for Abraham for trying to do everything he can to protect it.

And yes on the worms flying everywhere, who is it that Fet didn't get any on him when me turned that one into paste? Twice now (the bombing being the first one) that guy got away from being infected. I guess worms just slink of plot armor eh?

Then there is Eph's big discovery. Are you telling me that after n autopsies, this is the first time he decides to check the brain? Or did the vamps just evolve now in having that thing in their brain? 

• 1 month later...

That was nice to see the kid detonate the bomb for once, 999 times out of 1000 that scene has the last second John Wayne type save the day and the bomb doesnt get exploded. Total redemption for Zach, I had been stewing that they didnt kill this character off earlier, now that he's Bin Laden(d) half of Manhattan, were getting somewhere.

I agree, it was hilarious. All the main characters, at least the ones at the dock are dead right? There is no way they didn't get hit with a hefty dose of radiation. And how the fuck did Quinlan survive? Every vamp out there gets its head easily crushed by a blunt object, and he gets slammed by a powerful shockwave right in a big stone, and he just comes out with a few burns.

I think at this point everyone on the show knows that Zach needs to die, but the writers are to weak to kill off the kid. At least Kelly is gone.

Also, was this bomb stronger than the first one? It certainly seemed that way. And it's sole purpose was to create a short lived night cycle to let all the vamps roam the street of NY for a full day or two. Why? The city was already dying, and the one force that was putting up a fight had given up. Considering the radioactive fallout, the story ought to be moving away from the city - Jersey, here come the munchers!!!

Lol, I kinda think that was the best finale ever.  Zach is the shittiest kid and it's good the writers know.  The purposely made sure that Zach said he knew exactly what he was holding and exactly what would happen if he pressed the button.  It was awesome.  The worst kid in the world.  Now everyone will be gunning for him.  Hahahah.

Thank fuck next season will be the last.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/1/2016 at 8:17 PM, Dr. Pepper said:

Lol, I kinda think that was the best finale ever.  Zach is the shittiest kid and it's good the writers know.  The purposely made sure that Zach said he knew exactly what he was holding and exactly what would happen if he pressed the button.  It was awesome.  The worst kid in the world.  Now everyone will be gunning for him.  Hahahah.

Thank fuck next season will be the last.  

We thought that this season was the last so we were a bit, 'wait, hang on a minute' at the end. :/

At this point I cannot think of a suitable end for that annoying kid which would be suitably bad enough. The master was right about him, eh? :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Without having read the books, I would wager that the writers --given the level of hackery of this show-- will try to make Zach a sympathetic character... and believe with one good deed, we'll accept it, and forget he nuked the city because he threw a tantrum

I don't think I've ever disliked a fictional television character like this awful kid this much in my life...

On 5/26/2017 at 5:25 PM, Martini Sigil said:

I don't think I've ever disliked a fictional television character like this awful kid this much in my life...

Often, I will hyperbolically describe characters as "the worst," well, in Zach's case it's probably an understatement.  What's worse than the worst?

Archived