Players Of Westeros Winds Of Winter

Coolbeard the Exile

I just wanted to gather intel on the big power of the players with a few assumtions for the upcomingWinds of Winter and we can discuss who has the greatest chance of coming on top. These are the 5 major factions i see fighting over the iron throne.

Stannis Baratheon: Assuming Stannis Baratheon defeats the Boltons and rallies the northern lords to his cause, Justin Massey returns with his 10 000 mercenaries and Aurane Waters joins Stannis with the royal fleet  Stannis has around 22 000 soldiers and 66 ships (1300 southern knights and men at arms, 2500 mountain clansmen, 10 000 mercenaries,  8000 northerners, 50 white harbour galleys, 10 huge royal fleet dromonds, 6 other royal fleet galleys)

Aegon Targaryen: Assuming Dorne and friends in the Reach joins Aegon Aegon will have 40 000 soldiers and 0 ships (10 000 Golden Company, 20 000, Dornish, 10 000 Friends in the reach)

Tommen Baratheon: If we include the Freys, Lannisters and Tyrells and assume the redwyne fleet will be annihalated by Euron Tommen should have 81 000 soldiers and 50 ships (50 000 Reachmen, 15 000 Westermen, 2000 Freys, 4000 Gold Cloaks, 50 Lannister galleys)

Euron Greyjoy: Im not counting the 100 large ships of the iron fleet Euron has around 15 000 soldiers and 500 Longships (15 000 Ironborn warriors, 500 longships)

Robert Arryn: HOUSE ARRYN "Littlefinger/Sansa" has 25 000 soldiers  and around 50 ships (25 000 Valesmen, Vale galleys)

STANNIS = 22 000 Soldiers 66 Ships

AEGON =  40 000 Soldiers 0 Ships

TOMMEN = 81 000 Soldiers 50 Ships

EURON = 15 000 Soldiers 500 Longships

ROBERT = 25 000 Soldiers 50 Ships

Who do you think is in the best position and is most likely to be victorious over their adversaries? 

I believe Stannis and Aegon are in the best positions.

9 minutes ago, Knight of valour said:

Assuming Dorne and friends in the Reach joins Aegon

Massive assumption. Beware the show producers.

10 minutes ago, Knight of valour said:

Assuming Stannis Baratheon defeats the Boltons and rallies the northern lords to his cause, Justin Massey returns with his 10 000 mercenaries and Aurane Waters joins Stannis with the royal fleet 

I think Aurane is more likely to join Aegon than Stannis. And I think Stannis will become embroiled in the war in the North and probably not end up back south. 

There's also Dany....

But to answer the question...I think Stannis is most likely to be victorious just because he's the best commander in the land. If he stays to fight the Others I think he could be a game-changer, and Jon would be perfectly fine supporting him for the IT, he doesn't want it. 

13 minutes ago, Knight of valour said:

Im not counting the 100 large ships of the iron fleet Euron has around 15 000 soldiers and 500 Longships (15 000 Ironborn warriors, 500 longships)

Both numbers seem very high to me. 

Could you provide a source for '15000 westermen'? I haven't checked for references but this seems a little low. Is this only counting Jaime's men, and ignoring those in the westerlands? Likewise, if House Tyrell were faced with the threat of extinction, they could probably raise more than 50000. Also don't forget the city watch 4500 more men to add to Tommen's forces should the war reach kings landing. It is also far from Certain that the Redwyne fleet will be destroyed, and even if they are destroyed, they should take quite a few iron born with them.

The Tyrells originaly had 80 000 soldiers. They sufferd moderate loses at blackwater which should be around 5000 soldiers. Randyll tarly sufferd heavy casualties fighting the northern foot which should be 5000 soldiers more. 5000 Tyrells under Rowan is curently besieging storm's end and they will all defect to Aegon. Randyl Tarly with  and more unknown reach houses will also defect to Aegon with around 10 000 soldiers which leaves 80 000 - 5000 - 5000 - 5000 - 10 000 = 55 000.

Archived